Robert Pattinson IS The Batman

To me he actually looks like a very ugly, twerpy, European dude.

And his hair situation is hilarious.

I think at this point he’s overcompensating with the length, maybe because his hairline is peaking, but it’s really funny. He lets it grow out way too long, and is constantly playing with it LOL

Yet it always looks absolutely disheveled.

It’s to me, just not very Bruce Wayne like ... a little feminine even

You're gonna have to specify 'European', that could mean legit anything X'D

Disheveled, that does kind of describe what I was looking for.

Hopefully in the movie they might dress him up and make him look more like Bruce Wayne, but it is a reality that Bruce is meant to be incredibly handsome and masculine that Pattinson doesn't really fit tbh.

Last edited:
idk, I don't think he's very Bruce Wayney. Not so much his jawline and cheekbones, but the upper half of his face doesn't quite do it for me. Especially his eyes. I can't explain it but they look a little too small or sunken to be Bruce? imo.
I feel the same. Back when his name was swirling around for this part, I simply could not see it.

But as soon as manips rolled in and covered his top half, I could immediately see the resemblance to the character. His jaw is simply uncanny to comic book drawings.

Fortunately how he looks in the cowl is really the only thing that matters aesthetically.

This ... I just couldn’t find the word in 2020, without someone getting their over sensitive undies all twisted up in knots. Maybe ... maybe that’s what I meant.
tenor.gif

I feel the same. Back when his name was swirling around for this part, I simply could not see it.

But as soon as manips rolled in and covered his top half, I could immediately see the resemblance to the character. His jaw is simply uncanny to comic book drawings.

Fortunately how he looks in the cowl is really the only thing that matters aesthetically.

I really like the first cowl reveal, but imma need to see the ears. : P

I said MAYBE ... you must have been getting those exact vibes to express it that way. I myself couldn’t find the right footing or wording.

Thanks for doing it for me, I guess. If that’s even what I mean.

Definitely exudes feminine mannerisms in real life. What is his sexuality, anyone know?

I know some people want Robin in one of these movies, and that’s their prerogative.

I prefer my masculine, playboy, solo Michael Keaton or Christian Bale Bruce Wayne type Batman without a prepubescent or teenage boy in underwear and elf boots by his side.

Last edited:
Yeah I get what you mean.
From what I've seen of his roles outside of Twilight (admittedly not much), I think he could do a good Bruce/Batman. Although I am a little concerned of the direction they might be taking with the character seeing how Pattinson talks about Batman. But he isn't the director/writer, so we'll see.
What did he say?

What did he say?

"Batman's not a hero, though. He's a complicated character. I don't think I could ever play a real hero - there's always got to be something a little bit wrong”

From this article:‘The Batman’ Isn't a Superhero Declares Robert Pattinson

He has kinda back-peddled since (Robert Pattinson Jokes About His Controversial ‘Batman’ Comments: Okay, He's a Superhero!) but initially his comment got me a little concerned with the direction he might take with the character.

Pattinson does not even look even remotely feminine.

Seriously... what kind of girls are you guys looking at that even remotely look like Robert Pattinson?

He's not even like young Dicaprio or something in which I could see how people would find him androgynous or feminine looking or gay.

He has unique features, but he's a handsome guy. And he looks waaaay more like the part than West, Keaton, Kilmer, Bale and even Clooney ever did.

He looks like someone who might play Scarecrow to me, but it's not something I'm concerned about as long as he plays the part well and looks good in the cowl...and, well, he's not the problem I have with the cowl.

idk, I don't think he's very Bruce Wayney. Not so much his jawline and cheekbones, but the upper half of his face doesn't quite do it for me. Especially his eyes. I can't explain it but they look a little too small or sunken to be Bruce? imo.

Pardon the anthro-nerd take, but you're not wrong. Pats appears to have epicanthic eyefolds, which can, at times, look a bit unusual in non-Asian men and women. His nose shape is a bit unusual as well. However, as others have mentioned before, he's got the jaw in spades. And he just might be the first live-action Bruce to have his trademark arched eyebrows. Whatever the case, that he doesn't resemble the character to a tee won't have any bearing on his performance anyway.

Pardon the anthro-nerd take, but you're not wrong. Pats appears to have epicanthic eyefolds, which can, at times, look a bit unusual in non-Asian men and women. His nose shape is a bit unusual as well. However, as others have mentioned before, he's got the jaw in spades. And he just might be the first live-action Bruce to have his trademark arched eyebrows. Whatever the case, that he doesn't resemble the character to a tee won't have any bearing on his performance anyway.
source.gif

Pattinson does not even look even remotely feminine.

Seriously... what kind of girls are you guys looking at that even remotely look like Robert Pattinson?

He's not even like young Dicaprio or something in which I could see how people would find him androgynous or feminine looking or gay.

He has unique features, but he's a handsome guy. And he looks waaaay more like the part than West, Keaton, Kilmer, Bale and even Clooney ever did.

There is a rich and uncomfortable history of 'pretty' men being seen as automatically feminine or gay. I... don't see it in Pattinson, though? He's more traditionally handsome than Keaton but I think his look has far more in common with that kind of eccentricity than it does androgyny. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I find the whole idea that Pattinson is an unusual choice for Bruce downright bizarre because he's the exact type of actor who has traditionally played the role.

Not that there would be anything wrong with a more androgynous/'pretty' man playing Bruce.

We're getting someone that has the jawline, the bone structure, the eyebrows and heck, just 2 weeks ago he was in the headlines for being "scientifically proven" as the most handsome man alive due to greek proportions (which in itself are the standards by which a lot of comic book artists base their superhero models) lmao. Granted, perhaps ancient greek measurements aren't the best ones to determine beauty, but there's absolutely no denying he's considered a massive sex symbol like the Playboy Bruce Wayne from the comics that could very very easily seduce and charm bunch of hot women at parties. Not to mention he has eyes that look creepy as fork in the cowl. And they're actually blue-ish.

He may not be a 100% visual match from most versions of Bruce Wayne, but he looks a lot like several of them, and honestly if we're being so picky as to find someone that visually matches 100% the Jim Lee Bruce Wayne or the animated series one or the Mikel Janin or Greg Capullo, we're literally never going to find such a person.

I buy him as a playboy billionaire that is a detective vigilante by night, end of story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"