Robert Pattinson IS The Batman

LOL

I’ve never been as high on Pattinson as some of you guys here, but he was great in The Devil All the Time. Every moment he was onscreen, he just made my skin crawl. Amazing performance.

Definitely watch The Rover, The Lighthouse, and Good Time if you haven’t.

I haven’t gotten to Campos’ film yet.

Definitely watch The Rover, The Lighthouse, and Good Time if you haven’t.

I haven’t gotten to Campos’ film yet.

I liked Good Time, hated The Lighthouse though. I need to give The Rover a shot.

As a resident of a seaside town I greatly enjoyed Rob visiting terrible vengeance on that ****ing sky rat.

I liked Good Time, hated The Lighthouse though. I need to give The Rover a shot.

Good Time is probably the best one to get acclimated with Pattinson's approach. He lived in a basement in NYC for the duration of the shoot.

And really? lol
The Lighthouse is fantastic. What made you have that reaction?

The Rover is meh overall imo, but he's great in it.

I loved The Lighthouse, but it won't be for everybody. I actually know quite a few people who ended up hating it because they either didn't understand or thought it was just too weird. Good Time is a lot easier to digest in comparison, but man Pattinson's performance in both films is just beyond stellar IMO and I still think him and Dafoe were robbed at the Oscars for at least not getting nominated.

Good Time is probably the best one to get acclimated with Pattinson's approach. He lived in a basement in NYC for the duration of the shoot.

And really? lol
The Lighthouse is fantastic. What made you have that reaction?

The Rover is meh overall imo, but he's great in it.

The only thing I can praise about The Lighthouse was the cinematography. I didn’t like either performance or the characters themselves. I wasn’t sure what the bad place was going on through most of it, largely because I couldn’t understand what either of them were saying most of the time with their I-have-no-idea-where-the-bad place-you’re-supposed-to-be-from accents. But about halfway through, I realized I didn’t even care. I just wanted them to kill each other so the movie would be over.

I like the part where Willem Dafoe farts.

I like the part with the big Mermaid pus... tail.

I liked the part where Rob was all sweaty and dirty and you saw his big strong arms lifting things...

As a resident of a seaside town I greatly enjoyed Rob visiting terrible vengeance on that ****ing sky rat.

I didn’t like either performance or the characters themselves.

I was more fond of the lobster, personally.

Without a shadow of a doubt its still my favorite film from last year. Watching that movie is an experience in itself and I can't remember anything else like it. Really hyped for The Northman and what Eggers brings to that with his sense of style and atmosphere. I'm sure the score is going to be amazing as well.

The only thing I can praise about The Lighthouse was the cinematography. I didn’t like either performance or the characters themselves. I wasn’t sure what the bad place was going on through most of it, largely because I couldn’t understand what either of them were saying most of the time with their I-have-no-idea-where-the-bad place-you’re-supposed-to-be-from accents. But about halfway through, I realized I didn’t even care. I just wanted them to kill each other so the movie would be over.

I can feel the didn’t like the characters part. I didn’t love either of em either, but I didn’t feel like they were supposed to be super endearing.

The cinematography was immaculate, but so were the performances, script, and direction imo.

Eggers next film might be a legit epic for our lifetime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"