Robert Pattinson IS The Batman

This sounds hyperbolic but I mean it. Eggers is the kind of director I've been waiting for my entire life. Someone who is deeply immersed in folklore and language. I'll watch anything he makes.

Hoping he someday dips his toes into Medieval folklore and gives us a definitive dragon movie.

Last edited:
I can feel the didn’t like the characters part. I didn’t love either of em either, but I didn’t feel like they were supposed to be super endearing.

The cinematography was immaculate, but so were the performances, script, and direction imo.

Eggers next film might be a legit epic for our lifetime.

Yeah, I don’t necessarily need to like or feel for the characters in a story to enjoy it. I honestly just didn’t care about them or want to spend a single second more of my time with them. And that shocked me because I definitely WANTED to like the movie. I loved The Witch and I was excited to see what Eggers cooked up in The Lighthouse but sadly it didn’t do anything for me. Hopefully I’ll dig The Northman. The premise certainly sounds great.

Last edited:
This sounds hyperbolic but I mean it. Eggers is the kind of director I've been waiting for my entire life. Someone who is deeply immersed in folklore and language. I'll watch anything he makes.

Hoping he someday dips his toes into Medieval folklore and gives us a definitive dragon movie.
I didn’t know my most lusted after film is a Robert Eggers dragon movie til right now.

He’s my favourite filmmaker right now along with Villeneuve and it’s too bad he’s so anti-blockbuster cuz he’d crush a Gotham by Gaslight style/era flick with Pattinson.

I hope his Rasputin mini series happens, along with his Nosferatu remake.

Eh, I'm fine with that conviction of his. Lol the potential criteria for a blockbuster would just confine him. The remakes I'm cool with as long as whatever studio it is gives him his space.

Whenever Pattinson hears someone criticizing Matt Reeves...

5fc0ff11620b1840918653.gif

I would be totally there for that! Awesome thought.

The Adkins fancast is so obnoxiously bad and just sums up some fans' approach to what these characters should be on the screen. They only want him to beat the shirt out of people for 2 hours between brooding with no nuance and pretending to be a rich playboy with models

The fact that he was even partly criticized when hired still baffles me. Dude is perfect for this role.
The whole backlash being as Twilight-related as it was really exposed who actually pays any attention to indie film and who only pays attention to blockbusters. For the latter group to think he went from Twilight to Batman makes perfect sense, because they didn’t follow any of the shirt he did when he went off the grid.

The Adkins fancast is so obnoxiously bad and just sums up some fans' approach to what these characters should be on the screen. They only want him to beat the **** out of people for 2 hours between brooding with no nuance and pretending to be a rich playboy with models

So, the Snyder DCEU fanbase? *ducks*

That scene in Tenet was so Bruce Wayne. Amazing.

Also, the Adkins and Snyder stuff is pretty funny. I constantly see the DC Cinematic subreddit sad about losing Deathstroke as the main villain, and I think that ties into the same crowd who just want to see action figure men punch each other. Deathstroke is a fine character, but the idea of Batman v Deathstroke as the main plot would almost definitely be so unmemorable and generic action movie blockbuster-y. So glad things turned out the way they did, even though I did enjoy Ben Affleck's casting (although obviously not nearly as much as Pattinson - I can't think of someone else in that age demographic that would be even close) and was a bit bitter about how they wasted Affleck.

That scene in Tenet was so Bruce Wayne. Amazing.

Also, the Adkins and Snyder stuff is pretty funny. I constantly see the DC Cinematic subreddit sad about losing Deathstroke as the main villain, and I think that ties into the same crowd who just want to see action figure men punch each other. Deathstroke is a fine character, but the idea of Batman v Deathstroke as the main plot would almost definitely be so unmemorable and generic action movie blockbuster-y. So glad things turned out the way they did, even though I did enjoy Ben Affleck's casting (although obviously not nearly as much as Pattinson - I can't think of someone else in that age demographic that would be even close) and was a bit bitter about how they wasted Affleck.
Affleck is a good enough director to elevate some weak material (in a minority on this but personally thought Argo was a bland, nothing screenplay Ben’s dynamic filmmaking turned into something fun) and I’m sure there would have been some good character stuff, but what an inherently terrible idea for a Batman movie ‘Lex Luthor hires Deathstroke to bring down Batman’ is makes me believe there’s some truth to Ben being fundamentally unhappy with the whole project even leaving his personal issues aside.

I think Scott Adkins would be a fine choice to play Bruce Wayne in a one off Batman: Arkham Asylum or Batman Vs. Deathstroke type of movie, but you just can't really build a successful franchise off of that without it feeling like diminishing returns or getting stale, because most people will almost certainly lose interest afterwards, especially if you don't have a quality actor like Pattinson or Bale to carry it.

I love Scott Adkins as a martial artist and he seems like a pretty cool dude in real life, but no matter how great those fight scenes would look I'd take a neor noir, murder mystery, David Fincher inspired Batman film any day, especially with someone as talented as Matt Reeves directing it.

I will say this, a one off comic story or animated film where Lex hires Slade to kill Superman? I would gladly read that, give Deathstroke a kryptonite Blade and Bullets, have some Hostage plot armor where Superman has to be super cautious. Its cliche, but im tired of Slade getting beat by Batman, I'd like to see him get beat by Superman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"