Robert Pattinson IS The Batman

It's funny because a lot of people associate Battinson with all those 2000s pop-emo-rock bands where I feel like the whole thing is more evocative of the 80s/90s. Sure, Reeves gave us Nirvana, but when I see this Batman and the world developped around him, I'd hear more of Alice in Chains, Joy Division, Bowie's Outside album, that mid-90s NIN and Manson sound, etc. Well, it's all subjective anyway!

On a related note, I remember years before The Batman was even announced, online discussions about what the character would listen to. There's always been a lot of gothic bands, black metal stuff and I have to admit that at the time it all seemed a bit silly to me. But somehow, Reeves now created a Batman that I can definitely link to a musical current. It's the last thing I expected, but I love it. Probably because it's one of those I've listened to the most ahah.
Totally, pretty funny considering the Fincher/Se7en influences on this film and how Reznor is Fincher's go-to composer.

Just a reminder for everyone that Rob put on real muscle for this movie unlike Ben:
upload_2022-4-23_13-51-39-png.55143

:D

It's funny because a lot of people associate Battinson with all those 2000s pop-emo-rock bands where I feel like the whole thing is more evocative of the 80s/90s. Sure, Reeves gave us Nirvana, but when I see this Batman and the world developped around him, I'd hear more of Alice in Chains, Joy Division, Bowie's Outside album, that mid-90s NIN and Manson sound, etc. Well, it's all subjective anyway!

On a related note, I remember years before The Batman was even announced, online discussions about what the character would listen to. There's always been a lot of gothic bands, black metal stuff and I have to admit that at the time it all seemed a bit silly to me. But somehow, Reeves now created a Batman that I can definitely link to a musical current. It's the last thing I expected, but I love it. Probably because it's one of those I've listened to the most ahah.
I think you guys are conflating Reeves’s influences with what someone Bruce’s age might have actually been influenced by growing up. Pattinson’s Bruce would’ve been 13-14 when Three Cheers hit and his angsty ass would’ve eaten that album up.

Totally, pretty funny considering the Fincher/Se7en influences on this film and how Reznor is Fincher's go-to composer.

Yep ! And if I'm not mistaken, it was actually their first collaboration even though it wasn't a full Reznor soundtrack but only a NIN remix track used for the intro.
Man, Reznor's music from that era would have worked so well for a sequence in The Batman but as you said, with Seven already influencing the movie atmosphere, that probably would have pushed the Fincher reference too far...
Oh well, I'm 100% sure that we'll have our fix through some Youtube edit very soon. Hell, I think I'll end up making one myself haha :funny:

Anyway, I think it would be pretty neat if Reeves decided to continue to pick just one song from those years to reflect Batman's mindset in each movie, just like "Something in the Way" did here. Could be some sort of pattern through the trilogy/franchise.

Are you a Wayne too?

Your father gave them to me

:(

Hope he wont stare and do that slow walk too much in the next film, otherwise it gets self parody real fast.

Hope he wont stare and do that slow walk too much in the next film, otherwise it gets self parody real fast.
Your posts are starting to feel like a parody at this point. No rain? No staring? Or walking slow? Whaaat? Lmao

Like come on man. Even if I disagree, it’s a reasonable opinion to say Dano was over-acting in some scenes. But Batman staring? That’s just classic Batman.

Last edited:
bale was my favorite batman. with keaton and adam west as my 2nd faves.

imo, kilmer and affleck made fine batmans, but never cracked the top 3 for me.

but now pattinson has topped them all.
and i think that's awesome, when an actor comes around and becomes the new gold standard for batman.

and i don't feel this is any recency bias.
rob is THAT good.

I’m a bit tired of the “I get it, you love it because it’s the new thing”. As if we can’t fall in love with a brand new film or enjoy it more than something that came out decades ago. Just because it’s older doesn’t mean it’s better. And just because it’s new doesn’t mean I need to wait 7 years with 32 viewings just to believe it’s the GOAT.

Nah, I think it’s the best Batman movie of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"