Robertson Finds Radical Muslims 'Satanic'

The Question said:
So, you think that Islam is a warring religion and it's end goal is world domination?

Wow.

That was......

Wow.

You really know nothing about Christianity, do you? Saying what you said is just as bad as what Robertson said about Islam.

Actually, that's pretty much what christianity is about according to the bible.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
The problems with the rant are not my problems, they arise because of all of the insanely insufferable contradictions in the Bible.

Because it's really a collection of the writings of several people over many hundreds (in some cases thousands) of years.

Emrys said:
Actually, that's pretty much what christianity is about according to the bible.

Not really. It's how some people interpret the Bible, but you can interpret the Bible in a bunch of different ways.

The Question said:
Wow.
You really know nothing about Christianity, do you? Saying what you said is just as bad as what Robertson said about Islam.
I know more about Christianity than most Christians. I was forced to read the entire Bible all the way through five times ( even the geneologies,...the interminable geneologies:) )and had to go to Christian schools.
You're confused because you don't understand that I don't subscribe to this nonsense about pretty much dismissing any and every offensive part of the OLD TESTAMENT.
Same God, same Jesus, same responsibility.

And it's just a f***ing fact, if you worship a false god, that is "of Satan", a Satanic deception and an abomination.
So you can't really believe in the Word of God (Bible) and not agree with P.Rob, that they are Satanic and under Demonic influence.:confused:

The Question said:
Not really. It's how some people interpret the Bible, but you can interpret the Bible in a bunch of different ways.

Yepp, with a lot of backbending. Look I was a "christian" myself when I was younger but the moment I started to read the bible I had to discover with utter disgust what kind of religion christianity was. I tried to interpret it into a positive spin too but there is only so much interpreting one can do before it becomes pittyfull.

Emrys said:
Yepp, with a lot of backbending. Look I was a "christian" myself when I was younger but the moment I started to read the bible I had to discover with utter disgust what kind of religion christianity was. I tried to interpret it into a positive spin too but there is only so much interpreting one can do before it becomes pittyfull.
Truth

Wilhelm-Scream said:
I know more about Christianity than most Christians. I was forced to read the entire Bible all the way through five times ( even the geneologies,...the interminable geneologies:) )and had to go to Christian schools.
You're confused because you don't understand that I don't subscribe to this nonsense about pretty much dismissing any and every offensive part of the OLD TESTAMENT.

And it's just a f***ing fact, if you worship a false god, that is "of Satan", a Satanic deception and an abomination.
So you can't really believe in the Word of God (Bible) and not agree with P.Rob, that they are Satanic and under Demonic influence.:confused:

You bring up a great point, but who said that Pat Robertson was under the influence of God? Every religion claims that God is on their side, be it Allah, Jehovah or YHWH, Marduk, etc. . . and the list goes on.

Technically, what you reference in the old testament under the mosaic law in the Pentatuch doesn't really support your claims. I agree w/ you 100% in the fact that almost every christian is a hypocritical person, but I don't think that it proves the bible's contradiction.

It just shows the hypocrisy in the people who publicly claim one thing and surreptitiously do another.

Wilhelm-Scream said:

Jesus wasn't even around when the old testament was written. And the old testament was written by completely different people than the writers of the new testament.

Wilhelm-Scream said:

That's one way to interpret it. But there is enough vagueness and contradiction in the bible to interpret it any damn way you please.

You're just as bad as Robertson. Except, since you're talking about christianity instead of Islam, it's somehow okay.

The Question said:
Jesus wasn't even around when the old testament was written. And the old testament was written by completely different people than the writers of the new testament.

dude Jesus has been around FOREVER according to the bible.:confused::down

Take the bible literally, and you end of a xenophobic *******, or end up seeing all Christians that way. The old testament was written by completely different people than the ones who wrote the new. And not a single one of the passages was written by Jesus. They're all second, third, fourth, and fifth hand acounts of what happened.

If so, why is so much faith put into it?

The Question said:
Take the bible literally, and you end of a xenophobic *******, or end up seeing all Christians that way. The old testament was written by completely different people than the ones who wrote the new. And not a single one of the passages was written by Jesus. They're all second, third, fourth, and fifth hand acounts of what happened.

Jesus=God

bible to christians and catholics = the word of god

old testament = the word of jesus.

...you know what? Forget it. This is never going to go anywhere. So, you can keep going on about how Jesus was a mass murdering pedophile or whatever the hell you want to say.

Mr Sparkle said:
Jesus=God

bible to christians and catholics = the word of god

old testament = the word of jesus.

Old Testament had nothing to do with Jesus.

The Question said:
...you know what? Forget it. This is never going to go anywhere. So, you can keep going on about how Jesus was a mass murdering pedophile or whatever the hell you want to say.

Lol yeah, that's what I said, don't let your massive ignorance of the bible and the christian faith hit you on the ass on your way out.
:rolleyes:

bored said:
Old Testament had nothing to do with Jesus.

god and jesus are the same thing, their words are the same therefore, if i make another username called "mr nice guy" and talk of nothing but kittens and marshmallow rainbows it's still me talking about it.

Mr Sparkle said:
Lol yeah, that's what I said, don't let your massive ignorance of the bible and the christian faith hit you on the ass on your way out.

I could say the same to you. Hell, I'm not even that religious. I just think you guys are being overly simplistic jerks. And that's no better than the religious extremists.

The Question said:
I could say the same to you. Hell, I'm not even that religious. I just think you guys are being overly simplistic jerks. And that's no better than the religious extremists.

no actually you couldn't say the same to me.:(

Mr Sparkle said:
god and jesus are the same thing, their words are the same therefore, if i make another username called "mr nice guy" and talk of nothing but kittens and marshmallow rainbows it's still me talking about it.

Do you have any idea how offended a Jewish person would get if you called the Old Testament (aka The Talmud, aka our holy book) the word of Jesus?

bored said:
Do you have any idea how offended a Jewish person would get if you called the Old Testament (aka The Talmud, aka our holy book) the word of Jesus?

actually, I'm talking about what the old testament is to the christians based solely upon the christian faith.:confused:
jewish people need not be offended.

bored said:

Oh for Jesus' sake:

Old Testament=Word of God

God=Jesus

Old Testament=Word of Jesus

How can some people in this thread still not get that? It's dependent on believing that God and Jesus are one and the same, which Christians do.

sinewave said:
I'm wondering how long until the radical Muslims put out a hit on him. If they're willing to do it for a cartoonist who lampoons their religion then why not for an American "infidel" who insults their beliefs?
The Muslims went on a murderous rage against a cartoonist who lampooned their Prophet. Religion-mockery is nothing new and the Muslims, radical or otherwise, just couldn't give a shyte about Robertson.

I'm gonna go finish my chocolate-covered donut. Excuse me...

JLBats said:
How can some people in this thread still not get that? It's dependent on believing that God and Jesus are one and the same, which Christians do.

Untrue. Not all Christians believe that Jesus and God are the same person, and in fact that issue was a major factor in the cause of the Great Schism, the seperation from Catholism by Orthodoxic demoninations. But of course, sweeping comments about Christians are in style today anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"