Robin Taylor Lord is Oswald Cobblepot

Discussion in 'Gotham' started by TheOneWhoKnocks, Mar 17, 2014.

1. THUNDERSTRIKE GIVING YOU THE STINKEYE

I don't know if it's been mentioned before and I'm just too lazy to go back and look, but is it my imagination, or does Robin Lord's Oswald looks a bit like Crispin Glover?

2. John Locke One is Dark One is Light

Catching up on the Walking Dead and he just showed up. He looks different with blonde hair. Recognized him by his voice but I also heard him before I saw him.

3. Rowsdower! Registered

Who was he on The Walking Dead?

4. Sawyer High King

Hippie kid who Rick and Carol found with his girlfriend. The episode where Rick banishes Carol.

5. Rowsdower! Registered

Ohhhhh okay! I remember him now. Damn, I never would have put that together.

6. Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

Not that it has anything to do with anything, but is he gay? He just has a really soft spoken voice.
    A lot of men have spoken voices that aren't gay, of course. But I get a hint of him being that.

7. Dareweasel Registered

Yeah, he looks a little like Crispin Glover, but that's not who I'm recognizing in his face. I just can't figure out who he DOES remind me of...

8. Rowsdower! Registered

Michael Emerson?

9. Guy-on-Couch Registered

this dude is killing it IMO....so far the best thing about Gotham.....

10. Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

I love this pompous little **** stirrer.

He's weak, he's cunning, he's frustrated, he's a psycho. So many different layers to him.

Some of Burton's Penguin went into him, I think. You call him for his looks, he'll go crazy on your ass. He doesn't want to accept what he physically represents. But by doing that, he's not accepting what a Penguin is by nature...a unique and cold blooded animal, that can survive some of the harshest challenges out there. The teasing and the bullying has caused him to become angry and hate filled. His rage causes him to fight back against those who mock him. He wants to be seen as a man and not as a bullied and mollycoddled little mama's boy, which is really what he is. He resents it. He'll love and need his strange mother, but he'll resent that all the same, because she will be that final tie to his tormented childhood and his tie to an authority figure being dominant over him (a female one), which he obviously won't want in the long run of his criminal career.
    I reckon he'll kill her or somebody else will, which will cause him to descend into a more depraved level of evil.

I like his sadism. It's his outlet. To threaten, beat and kill people weaker than he is. For him to dethrone and or kill Mooney, that will be the ultimate thrill of power for him. He'll feel like a God if he were to do that.

11. BestGirl Reluctantly following Vought's orders

I'm curious as to Oswald's motive for helping Jim. He's playing it off as he considers Jim to be his friend and is grateful to him for saving his life but that doesn't seem like it's in his character. I'm sure he has an ulterior motive, but what?

12. The Guard Registered

He's not helping Jim. Not directly. He's going to try to use Jim to get some of the other criminal elements out of the way.

13. Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

Penguin sees anybody remotely useful as a means to an end. Gordon is no exception, despite saving his life. He's cunning and conniving. First opportunity he gets, when he knows he's won, he'll screw Gordon over somehow. Probably wouldn't even be based on covering his tracks or eliminating another potential threat, it'll simply be as a middle finger up, with a wicked laugh to boot.

14. pnakasone Registered

Jim knows that Oswald is only helps because it befits him some how to do so.

It is also a given at some point Jim will regret not killing him when he had the chance.

15. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

16. Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

Who's best? :hmm

I love all 3 of them, can't pick! :wow:

17. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

I think Taylor is the best Penguin since Burgess (whom is still my favorite live action interpretation of Pengy). But given time Taylor may surpass him when he goes into full umbrella wielding, cigarette holder, monocle wearing Penguin mode.

18. 04nbod I need to debrief you

Actually I think he is lonely and does want a friend who will respect him but ultimately is too nuts for anyone to want to be around. That makes him lonelier and he goes even more crazy. Its a vicious cycle. And at this point even if someone was everything he wanted he would betray them anyway. When that guy gave him the bat in the first episode he genuinely was shocked and pleased to have been included.

19. O'Haire Awesome

[​IMG]

Cool Cobblepot drawing by Neal Adams.

20. Micromind New World New Rules

^ nice, but the chin needs to be more angular, complimenting the angular nose.

Here, I've made the necessary changes..

[​IMG]

21. Sawyer High King

Whaaaaaat? :eek::up:

22. declan Registered

Love Neal Adams.

23. Naked Shia Greece is the best coutry

Robin is an amazing penguin. Meredith, De vito, Robin... The penguin is really a great character to a in live action. It's awesome they chose him to be this important, instead of the joker.

I know he's a calculating cunning son of a gun, but it could be really interesting if he really considers Gordon his friend. Gordon could even think it's better to have someone you can control as the mob boss. Just like the anthony Wong and Eric Tsang dyamic in Infernal Affairs 2.

24. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

25. Daltonio Avi Arad's Sidekick