RocknRolla - New Guy Ritchie film

yeah I saw it on release day, its very good!! go see it, it deserves money!

How some studio heads manage to dress themselves in the morning is beyond me. :cmad:

Anyways, I'm looking forward to RocknRolla as I loved Lock Stock, Snatch and yes, even Revolver (A David lynch film for men).
Alan Horns reason for warners not wanting to back RockNrolla,the fact that the film is very English is pathetic!!!

Alan Horns reason for warners not wanting to back RockNrolla,the fact that the film is very English is pathetic!!!

And yet WB has no problem making Harry Potter movies, which are all set in UK and featured British actors.

But is he the Ayatollah of RocknRolla, though?

lordhumgousrwarrior.jpg

Because that's what's really important here. :o

Is Jericho (from WWE) in this movie? :hehe:

And yet WB has no problem making Harry Potter movies, which are all set in UK and featured British actors.

Some people in Hollywood seem to have a serve case of xenophobia I'm guessing

Well, let's just bump this thread.

I saw it last thursday, enjoyed the hell out of it. Great roles by especially Tom Wilkinson and Mark Strong. Also nice opening credits, many many typical Guy Ritchie gangsters with typical Guy Ritchie names like One Two, Mumbles and Handsome Rob and the flick has very cool cinematography as well. And I know many people will disagree, but I still think Guy Ritchie is a very, very talented director. The way most of his scenes are constructed are quite great. you only need to watch Revolver to see what I'm talking about. But in RocknRolla that skill shows to, especially in a scene where The Wild Bunch takes on 2 invincible russians. Which is the coolest scene in the flick. I look forward to seeing this movie again.

I still haven't seen RocknRolla even though it just opened in Holland :csad:

i saw rocknrolla

it's good, but there's too many things that were similar to Snatch (obviously). the characters aren't as charming, but rocknrolla is watchable. but slightly forgettable.

I wonder why people can't see things as they are, but always find it necessary to place it in a context, to compare it to something else, even it's in the same franchise, genre or by the same director. It's so hard for people to enjoy something for what it is. And then I not specifically mean you, Octoberist. It's just something I notice everywhere. Also with the new Bond movie.

Another thing I hate is comparing movies to something that has been around for a long time. For example people call Burning After Reading by the Coens a good comedy, but not as good as The Big Lebowski. **** man! That movie is ten years old, you've seen it countless times and every small detail and scene has become memorable. I've seen it many times, and still I find new funny things about it. Then HOW can you make such a comparision? A reason why I think movie reviews and reviewers, (or even watchers) that make these kinds of statements are just, lame.

So far for these ramblings.

i honestly think Rocknrolla is a good movie; but it doesn't stay with you. It's a nice romp, but nothing else. I'm not interested in the sequel..I mean, I'll see if it ever gets made.

I think that people can't help it, and it doesn't help with Ritchie's style. The Coen Brothers are like chamleons when it comes to their movies, and Ritchie doesn't share that same type of versatility. It doesn't mean that he hasn't tried before, but they were not too successful, though Sherlock Holmes might change all that.

Yeah, in the case of RockNRolla it's actually very understandable. But also, instead of focusing on similarities, you also can enjoy it for it's sense of joy and the well done setpieces. I did. And you probably did as well, but some people can't get over the fact that it's like Snatch. Man, just enjoy the movie.

yeah, i got that too. I think the plot got too convoluted at times, but it's enjoyable on its own. I'm a big Richtie defender, mind you, and I understood why he went back to his crime thriller ways. In fact, I'm happy that he's back making movies now.

Ah good, there are too few Richie defenders out there. Did you like Revolver? Or aren't you THAT big a Richie defender? :D

This was a pretty decent flick, not as good as the others but good no the less

Tobey Kabbell played a good part as Johnny :D haha

8/10

I think if I looked back 20 years from now at Guy's body of work, I probably won't mention RocknRolla. Not to say that it's a bad movie, but it's just there.

I suppose in 20 years all his small time gangster flicks might get forgotten.

This is how I rank them.

1. Snatch
2. RocknRolla
3. Lock, Stock
4. Revolver

I'm a Guy Ritchie fanatic though.

This was a pretty decent flick, not as good as the others but good no the less

Tobey Kabbell played a good part as Johnny :D haha

8/10

I thought Toby was incredible, he got a part in Prince of Persia of this so kudos to him!

I think RocknRolla is more than just there. It was good with cool characters. Not as cool as say snatch but just as cool as Lock,Stock. I hope Ritchie finishes the trilogy

Yea I thought this was good. Not up there with Lock, Stock and Snatch though. But I like it's relevance. Russian billionaires buying up parts of London, the old school London gangsters trying to cash in. The scene with the two invincible Russians? Priceless :hehe: And Johnny Quid is right up there with my favourite on screen characters, a drug addled, rock poet/gangster! Funny bastard. The way he dispatches the bouncer with the pencil rivals Joker. :up:

I thought Toby was incredible, he got a part in Prince of Persia of this so kudos to him!

Really??? Well good for him

Ive only ever seen him in Dead mans shoes years ago, where he played a mentaly ill kid, and he did a great job as i thought he was actually ******ed :( :wow::whatever:

2608055398_50a0b2500f.jpg

But hes becoming a top actor :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"