Rocky III/IV

Pittman4Two

Sidekick
Reaction score
Ok, let's be honest, how many of you knew Mickey was going to die in Rocky III?

Reading spoilers about major cast members dying in sequels got me thinking about this. I was really surprised that Mickey died.

And then Apollo dying in IV...who would've thunk that?

Kinda makes me miss those days where no one knows until they actually see the movie.

Sorry, I'm just being nostalgic.

I was shocked But I agree 100% with you!

The scene when Mickey dies is so emotionally heartbreaking :(. Fantastic acting from Stallone.

Rocky being so beat-up and his eyes closed up then going"Mick?..Mick!?..Miiiiiicckkk!"with the shot showing him from behind and on his knees as you hear him crying&"Noooo Mick plz no god no Mick"was f'n emotionally intense I still have chills when ever I see it!

Apollo dying In Rocky IV was leaked In tabloid before the film opened In 1985.

Rocky films were more drama than action.

I liked how Rocky comforted Mickey by letting him think they won in the second round...

A very touching scene. I remember balling my 6 year old eyes out. Stallone's always been a favorite of mine.

The breath was taken from me when Mickey was caught in the scuffle near the stairway. I think some of you may remember that. That moment actually got me pretty good.

Yeah...watching Apollo Creed die was just shocking as hell as a kid. I didn't think he could ever be killed...maybe just knocked out, but when it faded to the funeral, it was just...wow.

Rocky III is the best of the sequels. I just love the story in that film. Simple, but extremely effective. Success goes to the hero's head and he loses the desire that led him to become what he was. He falls victim to a younger, hungrier fighter and loses everything in the process. Then when he is at rock bottom he gets help from his former arch-enemy who rediscovers what drove him to success in their battles and he is able to gain his redemption. Classic stuff.

I love the fight with drago, when he killed Apollo I was so pissed. that scene was very emotional for me and the montage of rocky training in the wilderness intercut with drago training with all the state of the art machinery. That montage just pumps my adrenaline everytime like if I was there with rock.

From rocky 3 the scene that always get me asides from mick's death, is when rocky stops his motorcycle and throws the helmet at his statue in anger, that scene is pretty powerful.

There has never been a better "sports movie villain" than Mr T's Clubber Lang.

Eh I've always thought Drago was the best Rock villain!

Rocky 3 is by far the better movie. 4 just feels so dated with the Cold War atmosphere and the ending always makes me roll my eyes when Rocky gives his speech to the crowd and then the Russian leaders clap. Clubber Lang is the better villain than Drago and I always liked the training with Apollo in the gym in LA better than the wilderness training of part 4 with "Hearts on Fire" playing. I always loved the intro to 3 better too with "Eye of the Tiger" playing and you see Rocky just handing it to opponents, something you never really saw up until then in the movies was a badass Rocky just destroying people.

Rocky 3 is my favorite, Draggo was quite intimidating but not as much as Mr. T.

Mr. T was all about the trash talk and getting in your head all the while bringing and predicting pain.

Plus everyone associated with boxing in the movie were crazy greasy and shiny

:BA:BA:BA

F Mr. T as a villain. Lundgren's Drago would whoop that ass before before the end of the third round.

Drago can punch over 1850 lbs of force per square inch. Light's out man.

Sly didn't have to kill off Apollo, imo. Watching them recently, all Rocky IV was is an endless music montage, justified by Drago killing Apollo Creed. It was too much. Still highly enjoyable, of course, but it kinda tainted what Sly was going for with the entire saga.

Then again, it was 1985, the peak of his career, so he kinda was on a high horse...

The Rocky movies are great. Loved them as a kid. In my opinion, Rocky III was the best sequel of the franchise. Yes, it sucked losing Apollo Creed and Mickey, and later Adrian, in the last movie. In a lot of ways, popular characters in movies seem like old friends.

Seen it in the big screen last Thursday liked the new Apollo and Adrian scenes didn't like that Brigitte Nielsen was almost completely cut from movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"