Rocky/Creed Cinematic Universe Thread

Well, I mean, it’s a movie and we can make that leap of logic. Obviously they’re keeping a door open, but if this is where it ends for Rocky’s story, we can just fill in the blanks ourselves. Not everything needs to be shown/spelled out imo.

If you mean a conclusive ending, no. But if it does end there for Rocky (or at least his involvement in the Creed franchise), I think it’s quite perfect.
That's a strawman. I'm not saying you have to show every single detail of everything. But if you have a character that's exiting a franchise, even not by death, you can make it clearer.

That's a strawman. I'm not saying you have to show every single detail of everything. But if you have a character that's exiting a franchise, even not by death, you can make it clearer.

I thought it was clear enough. To each their own, I guess. Again, it left the door open but still has an ending to his story if they want it.

Interesting. Wonder who'll direct it this time round.

I think it’s kinda interesting seeing how they’re creative perspective shifts. And I can still watch the originals if I want.

I think it’s kinda interesting seeing how they’re creative perspective shifts. And I can still watch the originals if I want.

I agree on still having the originals, so it's no harm done.

But the creative perspective shift will happen with any filmmaker. So that means any film can be re-edited years later. Where does it end? A movie is made in its time for a reason.

I guess I don't understand going back unless the film was taken away from them originally - which in this case was not so in 1985. That was his director's cut when he made it. If Spielberg decided to re-edit Close Encounters now, Richard Dreyfus would never get on the alien ship at the end. Is it interesting to see? Sure. Just pointless, I guess.

I agree on still having the originals, so it's no harm done.

But the creative perspective shift will happen with any filmmaker. So that means any film can be re-edited years later. Where does it end? A movie is made in its time for a reason.

I guess I don't understand going back unless the film was taken away from them originally - which in this case was not so in 1985. That was his director's cut when he made it. If Spielberg decided to re-edit Close Encounters now, Richard Dreyfus would never get on the alien ship at the end. Is it interesting to see? Sure. Just pointless, I guess.
You never seen a job you have done and re-evaluated it and wanted to go back and change it... such as a paint job, garden shed... bathroom... maybe even a sculpt... etc

You never seen a job you have done and re-evaluated it and wanted to go back and change it... such as a paint job, garden shed... bathroom... maybe even a sculpt... etc

Not 30 years later, no. Especially if I was satisfied with it at the time which by all accounts, Stallone was. I make a new project, which he did with Rocky Balboa.

But again, this is a fun project for him. Whatever, go nuts.

I mean using the garden shed, bathroom, etc. analogy that @Vaibow: yeah things are changed all the time 30 years later. Even if they are in good condition and you were satisfied before. You look at something with new eyes and see changes you wanna make even if it was already good to great.

But I think we're all in agreement. It's a cool project and I have the old versions to hold onto in case director's cut sucks

Last edited:
Look, I pride preservation of film history. But as long as the original is always there then it's okay. I think these situations are less of a debate over changing movies and more about the rights of the creator changing their creation. And I firmly believe they have that right. They're not beholden to the audience who say otherwise. I don't think Rocky 4 is gonna disrupt any real precedent. And it's not like many movies have done it between now and Lucas with his special editions. Coppola and Scott re-editing their masterpieces is perfectly fine, because I think the most important thing, for better or for worse, is preserving their vision. I don't care how OCD George Lucas you get with it, it's their movie.

The only line I draw is that both versions are available. My problem isn't with someone like Lucas changing his movies, it's the fact he hides the originals. For the sake of preserving our film history, that's wrong.

Yes and it’s the original creator coming in and making the changes. So I think that’s perfectly fine.

I’m curious to see what he does. I’m a big Sly fan and have read and watched a lot of interviews with him, he is very critical (in a self deprecating way) of his own older work at times - at least, the stuff that wasn’t great. And he’s rightfully proud of the stuff that was great. With the benefit of a couple of decades maturity and experience, and far removed from the 80s mindset that dominated number IV, it will be interesting to see how far he takes any changes.

I mean using the garden shed, bathroom, etc. analogy that @Vaibow: yeah things are changed all the time 30 years later. Even if they are in good condition and you were satisfied before. You look at something with new eyes and see changes you wanna make even if it was already good to great.

But I think we're all in agreement. It's a cool project and I have the old versions to hold onto in the director's cut sucks
I wouldn't mind seeing what he changes and why

*hopes he won't fight Clubber Lang's son*

Age him up and have his daughter fighting ala Laila Ali or Claressa Shields.

Have him go to Russia and when he comes back In a month she’ll age up magically just like with Rocky’s son.

Before Russia

rocky-jr.jpg

After Russia

503045871_1280x720.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"