Rocky/Creed Cinematic Universe Thread

w5J5LGm.jpg

Ha, it should be VIII!

No, but it does give respect to all the Rocky films (even V). Even gives deeper meaning to IV now. That's what makes the series so good.

Creed II: Rocky VIII

I thought the first Creed was a decent spin-off but give me Rocky 1, 2, 3, 4 and Balboa anytime and felt Balboa ended the story well, this is a spin off as i know that but i felt Michael and Stallone did nice performances but the love story of Michael and his lover was weak and some parts of the film are weak.

Of course Creed's a Rocky movie, c'mon now.

Interesting with the new shots of the Drago dude though, he definitely doesn't share much of a resemblance with Lundgren. Do we know anything about the dude so far? Like if he's Ivan's son with Ludmilla, or they split after IV and Drago got married again? Might be easier to accept the appearance differences if his mom wasn't some blonde Russian chick, you could work it in that the guy's half German, the mom looked nothing like Drago.

And does anyone know what the new director of this is like?

Interesting with the new shots of the Drago dude though, he definitely doesn't share much of a resemblance with Lundgren. Do we know anything about the dude so far? Like if he's Ivan's son with Ludmilla, or they split after IV and Drago got married again? Might be easier to accept the appearance differences if his mom wasn't some blonde Russian chick, you could work it in that the guy's half German, the mom looked nothing like Drago.

Since when do actors playing father and son have to resemble each other? Maybe it happens sometimes but it's definitely not some hard rule. Jordan doesn't look like Weathers.

Of course Creed's a Rocky movie, c'mon now.

And does anyone know what the new director of this is like?

It's a movie in the world of Rocky, but Rocky is not the main character anymore. So the Creed II titling is just fine. Calling it Rocky VIII would indicate it is a film directly about Rocky, not just featuring Rocky in a supporting role.

Since when do actors playing father and son have to resemble each other? Maybe it happens sometimes but it's definitely not some hard rule. Jordan doesn't look like Weathers.

Yeah, was going to point out the Jordan/Weathers thing. It doesn't bother me personally at all, the actor/boxer playing the kid seems intimidating, that's 99% of the way there for Drago anyway. Not like there was any personality to speak of.

It'll be more than fine. Just sort of wondering if they're going to present him as a Russian guy, or like Ivan got some "exile or the gulag" choice in the wake of the Rocky fight and moved elsewhere, married someone else. Doesn't seem he'd be come down hard on by the commies though, honestly, given Gorbachev's all clapping & conciliatory at the end.

Oh, yeah, Spider-Fan, definitey not saying it should be subtitled "Rocky VIII" or whatever, that'd be ridiculous. Obviously it's The Adonis Show going forward, as it should be. But yeah, it's still basically part of the series. A "spinoff", yeah, but they're still continuations on from Balboa.

I actually think Jordan does look like he could be Creed's son.

Right, I mean it's close enough. It works.

Sort of like Ehrenreich as young Han Solo, clearly they're hardly dopplegangers, but it all works.

Hmmm... so if the Creed films aren't considered Rocky sequels, then doesn't that make this...

AN EXPANDED UNIVERSE?!!!!

Because if so, we finally have another successful one!

Hmmm... so if the Creed films aren't considered Rocky sequels, then doesn't that make this...

AN EXPANDED UNIVERSE?!!!!

Yes.

Expect anytime now a prequel of the origins of that robot butler from Rocky 3.

Yesss!!!!

Do you think we'll also get a Young Adrian spinoff, where we learn about her past life as a secret agent?

While we're at it, shoehorn some Clubber Lang stuff in. Dude wouldnt have just vanished after one defeat.

Paulie Begins, charting his life as a young street hustler.

Don't forget the Tommy Gunn solo! :o

Dont' forget about the highly anticipated animated feature, Spider Rico: Into the Spider-Ricoverse.

We joke, but I'd be so down to watch a Mickey prequel about his days with Rocky Marcinano, starring Michael Fassbender as young Mickey.

We joke, but I'd be so down to watch a Mickey prequel about his days with Rocky Marcinano, starring Michael Fassbender as young Mickey.

Burgess Meredith in his hey day would have been 5'5 at best and I'm pretty sure Fassbender is like 6'/6'1. On top of that they look nothing alike. Not sure that'd work. As a matter of fact I can't think of anyone now who's around Meredith's height who could do the role, personally.

Burgess Meredith in his hey day would have been 5'5 at best and I'm pretty sure Fassbender is like 6'/6'1. On top of that they look nothing alike. Not sure that'd work. As a matter of fact I can't think of anyone now who's around Meredith's height who could do the role, personally.

charlie-sandwich1.jpg

Meh, it’s the movies. If they can shrink actors down to Hobbit size they can do the same with this.

Dm5aJj8V4AAvFRb.jpg

Dm5aLNHV4AIq3ia.jpg

“It was a bit strange. It’s a bit weird. At first, I didn’t want to do it because I thought it would be kind of sad. I didn’t want to hurt that image because it’s like an iconic character that people, especially people who work out, really look up to this guy.

But the script was really good and I get a chance to show another side of the same man 35 years later, and more of a damaged, struggling side. I used some of my own life that I’ve been through the last 35 years in this character so it’s kind of full circle.

So it turned out to be a really great experience for me. A real dramatic challenge but also a great experience to look back at my own career the way he looks back at his career as a fighter. There are some parallels that I think are kind of unique.”
Lundgren Almost Turned Down "Creed II" - Dark Horizons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"