Revenge of the Fallen ROFT prequel comics

tviceman

Civilian
Reaction score
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/07/2...equel-comic-gives-inside-scoop-on-2009-movie/

From how this story makes it sound, if you want to completely understand what is happening and the motivations of the various characters in ROTF, then it would be best to read the prequel.

In my opinion, this is a horrible move and backs up my suspicions that the story in TF:ROTF will be a horrible mess. I understand the desire to make money off the franchise via toys, comics, prequels, sequels, etc. but I already had doubts as to whether the screenwriters and Bay had bitten off more than they could chew with the TF:ROTF story.

14 out of every 15 people going to see TF:ROTF are going to be watching this movie trying figure out what exactly is going on and why the fallen character has relevance whatsoever other than he's big and bad and mean.

I hope I'm wrong, but the article strongly hints that there is a pretty big chance I'm right.

I'm not diggin' how Starscream is measuring up, if this is how the story is going to go.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/07/2...equel-comic-gives-inside-scoop-on-2009-movie/

From how this story makes it sound, if you want to completely understand what is happening and the motivations of the various characters in ROTF, then it would be best to read the prequel.

In my opinion, this is a horrible move and backs up my suspicions that the story in TF:ROTF will be a horrible mess. I understand the desire to make money off the franchise via toys, comics, prequels, sequels, etc. but I already had doubts as to whether the screenwriters and Bay had bitten off more than they could chew with the TF:ROTF story.

14 out of every 15 people going to see TF:ROTF are going to be watching this movie trying figure out what exactly is going on and why the fallen character has relevance whatsoever other than he's big and bad and mean.

I hope I'm wrong, but the article strongly hints that there is a pretty big chance I'm right.

Very interesting.

They are a bit stupid if they are indeed doing this the way it sounds, about a 5th of the people going to see this movie will read that comic, the other millions upon millions will be confused as bad place.

Uh, people, you know there were multiple comics for the first film as well? And you didn't need to read any of them to understand the film.

What DoctorJones says is true, the comics are not essential reading for the movies, think of them as filler for the fans.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen prequel comics : Alliance #1
phpptazbppmdf1.jpg

joshnizzitfcover01finalrg3.jpg

tfdestinyalliance01covecp8.jpg

Transformers: The Revenge of the Fallen Movie Prequel: Destiny: Alliance #1

Chris Mowry (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Milne, Josh Nizzi (c)

The official prequel to next summer’s “TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN” film kicks off here! “TRANSFORMERS: DESTINY” is comprised of two four-part stories covering events leading up to the film. In the first chapter of the DESTINY story arc, ”ALLIANCE,” readers will learn more about what happened to SECTOR SEVEN, what happened to the AUTOBOTS, and why their war on our planet is far from over.

3 covers

Cover A: Incentive Cover RI Wraparound character collage; art by Alex Milne & colors by Josh Perez.

Cover B: Wreckage and Sector Seven; art & colors by Josh Nizzi

Cover C: Character collage; art by Alex Milne & colors by Josh Perez.

67761000supermg7.jpg

attachmenttm5.jpg

Transformers: The Revenge of the Fallen Movie Prequel: Destiny: Alliance # 2

Chris Mowry (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Milne, Josh Nizzi (c)

The official prequel to next summer’s Transformers movie continues! The Autobots and humans team-up for an important mission. When their guard is let down, Starscream returns to settle a score with the Decepticon known as Wreckage. The ramifications of their battle not only spell the end of Sector Seven, but possibly the life of an Autobot as well. Unknown to the parties on Earth, a mysterious Decepticon makes his appearance, and leads the way for a new invasion of our planet!

2 Covers
Cover A: Wreckage and Starscream fighting; art by Alex Milne & colors by Josh Perez.

Cover B: Ironhide and NEST; art & colors by Josh Nizzi.

joshnizzitfalliancecovezk1.jpg

tfallianceissue03coverbtr6.jpg

Transformers: The Revenge of the Fallen Movie Prequel: Destiny: Alliance # 3

Chris Mowry (w) o Alex Milne (a) o Milne, Josh Nizzi (c)

The official prequel to this summer's TRANSFORMERS movie continues! Caught off-guard by a surprise attack, the newly formed alliance of AUTOBOTS and humans must fight as one to combat a new DECEPTICON threat. But with the AUTOBOT forces spread thin across the planet, are the DECEPTICONS preparing for another attack, or for something else entirely?

Cover A: Sam Witwicky and Mikaela Banes with Bumblebee art & colors by Josh Nizzi.
Cover B: Optimus Prime (clockwise , starting from the top): Reverb, Gunbarrel, Fracture, and Jetstorm. art by Alex Milne & colors by Josh Perez.

joshnizzitfalliancecovezk1.jpg

tfallianceissue03coverbtr6.jpg

Transformers: The Revenge of the Fallen Movie Prequel: Destiny: Alliance # 3

The official prequel to this summer's TRANSFORMERS movie continues! Caught off-guard by a surprise attack, the newly formed alliance of AUTOBOTS and humans must fight as one to combat a new DECEPTICON threat. But with the AUTOBOT forces spread thin across the planet, are the DECEPTICONS preparing for another attack, or for something else entirely?

Cover A: Sam Witwicky and Mikaela Banes with Bumblebee art & colors by Josh Nizzi.
Cover B: Optimus Prime (clockwise , starting from the top): Reverb, Gunbarrel, Fracture, and Jetstorm. art by Alex Milne & colors by Josh Perez.
I have not seen these 2.
Interesting.

jan094281eee0.jpg

Transformers: The Revenge of the Fallen Movie Prequel: Destiny: Alliance #4

The explosive conclusion to the official prequel to this summer's TRANSFORMERS movie! The AUTOBOT and human alliance criss-crosses the globe in their effort to seek out and destroy any DECEPTICON forces hiding on the planet. But could the seemingly random placement of enemy forces in fact be the beginning of a new invasion?

The Autobots : Optimus Prime, Bumblebee , Ironhide , Ratchet, Arcee , Sideswipe, Jolt, Skids & Mudflap art & colors by Josh Nizzi.

Last edited:
joshnizzitfdefcover01fitu2.jpg

tfdefiance01coverbydyemic9.jpg

Transformers: The Revenge of the Fallen Movie Prequel: Destiny: Defiance #1

The second official prequel to this summer’s TRANSFORMERS movie begins here! In “DEFIANCE,” writer Chris Mowry and artist Dan Khanna tell a tale that delves back to the very origins of CYBERTRON and the beginnings of the war between AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS. This first issue introduces new threats and sets up the reasons for the conflict that leads directly into next summer’s sequel to the smash-hit film!

Megatron holding Cybertron in the palm of his hand art & colors by Josh Nizzi.
The Fallen & Megatron art by Alex Milne & colors by Josh Perez.

joshnizzitfdefcover02fiqc4.jpg

tfdefiance02coverbydyemgl1.jpg

Transformers: The Revenge of the Fallen Movie Prequel: Destiny: Defiance #2

The second official prequel to this summer’s TRANSFORMERS movie continues! MEGATRON finds himself the sole possessor of an ancient artifact with historical ties to CYBERTRON. Wounded in battle and near death, MEGATRON inadvertently activates the relic, setting the stage for repercussions that will be forever felt in the TRANSFORMERS universe.

MEGATRON art & colors by Josh Nizzi.
Megatron vs. Optimus Prime art by Alex Milne & colors by Josh Perez.

joshnizzitfdefcover02fiqc4.jpg

tfdefiance02coverbydyemgl1.jpg

Transformers: The Revenge of the Fallen Movie Prequel: Destiny: Defiance #2

The second official prequel to this summer’s TRANSFORMERS movie continues! MEGATRON finds himself the sole possessor of an ancient artifact with historical ties to CYBERTRON. Wounded in battle and near death, MEGATRON inadvertently activates the relic, setting the stage for repercussions that will be forever felt in the TRANSFORMERS universe.

MEGATRON art & colors by Josh Nizzi.
Megatron vs. Optimus Prime art by Alex Milne & colors by Josh Perez.
Incredible Art!

joshnizzitfdefcover03fi.jpg

attachmentilw.jpg

Transformers: The Revenge of the Fallen Movie Prequel: Destiny: Defiance #3

The second official prequel to this summer’s TRANSFORMERS movie continues! Guided by a mysterious entity, MEGATRON aims to search the vast reaches of space in order to return a legend of CYBERTRON and carry out a plan of conquest. With CYBERTRON in a state of disorder, the fate of the planet may lie with the inexperienced and outnumbered AUTOBOTS.

Birth of The Decepticons. art & colors by Josh Nizzi.
The Autobots stand firm art by Alex Milne & colors by Josh Perez.

Last edited:
686489transformersdefiahi1.jpg

Transformers: The Revenge of the Fallen Movie Prequel: Destiny: Defiance #4

The explosive conclustion to the official prequel to this summer's Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen film! With their forces united, the Decepticon army prepares to leave Cybertron on a mission of galactic conquest. But the Autobots and their leader, Optimus Prime, plan to do the unthinkable in order to defeat the increasingly-powerful Megatron.

Optimus Prime vs. Megatron art & colors by Josh Nizzi.

686489transformersdefiahi1.jpg

The explosive conclustion to the official prequel to this summer's Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen film! With their forces united, the Decepticon army prepares to leave Cybertron on a mission of galactic conquest. But the Autobots and their leader, Optimus Prime, plan to do the unthinkable in order to defeat the increasingly-powerful Megatron.

Optimus Prime vs. Megatron art & colors by Josh Nizzi.
That is Nice!

Now that is confusing...that battle is on Cybertron?

Why are they not in their protoforms then?

Now that is confusing...that battle is on Cybertron?

Why are they not in their protoforms then?

The cover art is a foreshadowing to the film where an updated Optimus Prime battles a reformatted Megatron .

Notice Megatron's has tank legs , and he's got a sharp blade instead of his regular arm from the first film .

Optimus Prime's got his new double Blade sword .

The cover art is a foreshadowing to the film where an updated Optimus Prime battles a reformatted Megatron .

Notice Megatron's has tank legs , and he's got a sharp blade instead of his regular arm from the first film .

Optimus Prime's got his new double Blade sword .

And I doubt that battle will occur within the pages of the comic either.

Just like they put Arcee, Mudflap, Skids Jolt and Sideswipe on that other cover, but we know that they'll obviously be shown arriving in the film itself, and not in the comic.

attachmentffb.jpg

tfdefianceissue04coverb.jpg

cover #1 - Josh Nizzi
cover #2 - Josh Perez

Dear god.... that cover is Sweeeet!

I would like to say that Josh Nizzi is the snip snap sheezy!

And I doubt that battle will occur within the pages of the comic either.

Just like they put Arcee, Mudflap, Skids Jolt and Sideswipe on that other cover, but we know that they'll obviously be shown arriving in the film itself, and not in the comic.

Actually we see the three motorcycles, the Ice Cream truck and Sideswipe arriving in the fourth issue of Alliance. Also, Jolt was removed from the production cover, so I'm assuming he arrives during the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"