Rogue One character Cassian Andor getting a TV show

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Pennywise, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Pennywise

Pennywise Registered

Cassian Andor Live-Action Series Announced | StarWars.com

2. Loki882

Loki882 Registered

Hopefully they really get into all of that morally shady/iffy stuff that he claimed that he's done on behalf of the Rebellion.

3. -VisionsVision-

-VisionsVision- Geralt of Rivia

I'm convinced that Disney hate the Jedi/Sith aspect.

TheVileOne likes this.
  4. sueb1863

sueb1863 Registered

I'm for this. Thought he was great and the character was very interesting. And I agree that it'd be best to show all the morally gray things the rebels had to do to achieve their ends. I'm guessing this series will be aimed at teens and adults.

I wish Baze and Chirrut could somehow be involved too, maybe they can have their own series next.

Mondragon likes this.
  5. Marvolo

Marvolo Registered

Yeah that's why they have made multiple films and shows about Jedi and Dark Side force wielders. Cause they hate them. :o

The star wars universe is more than just space wizards.

Kahran Ramsus and Teelie like this.
  6. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

The Jedi/Sith are the icing on a great cake for me. They are my favourite part of Star Wars, but there is a whole cake also to be explored and endless possibilities.

7. -VisionsVision-

Have we seen a Sith in the sequel trilogy? Did we see any actual sober on sober action in TLJ?

GTHOH with your BS. The Star Wars saga once upon a time was all about the Jedi. I hope one day it returns....

TheVileOne likes this.
  8. jmc

jmc away for a while

Cassian who?

Holiday likes this.
  9. Marvolo

Marvolo Registered

The Sith ended with Palpatine and Vader. That's why they arent in the Sequel trilogy. Sith arent the only dark side force users. There are however dark side force users: Snoke and Kylo.

TFA and TLJ were about the Jedi. Just as much as the PT an OT. Vader was in Rogue One. We got 4 seasons of Rebels starring Jedi and a whole season involving Vader. Resistance will involve Kylo. The Clone Wars returns next year and will star Anakin, Obi, and Ahsoka. Vader has gotten two separate comic series. Luke has gotten a comic series. Aphra's comics have dealt with ancient jedi and other ancient force users. We got a Thrawn book about Anakin and Thrawn and Vader and Thrawn working together on missions. We got a book starring Vader and Palpatine. We got a book starring Kanan Jarrus. We got a book about the legends of Luke Skywalker. We are getting a book starring Quigon and Obi. We got a book starring Leia who while not being a Jedi did focus on her and her legacy as Vader's daughter.

Look around you. Disney has released a ton of material dealing with Jedi, Sith, and other Force users. Not every single thing released js about them but much of it is. Not even everything in the old EU was all about the Jedi. There were books dealing with the Sith, Dark Jedi, mandos, bounty hunters, smugglers, etc.

Teelie and -VisionsVision- like this.
  10. Pennywise

Pennywise Registered

Cassian Andor, he was one of the protagonists in Rogue One. :yay:

11. Loki882

Loki882 Registered

Cassian also fought in a Separatist-allied militia during The Clone Wars, so it'd be interesting to maybe get some flashbacks seeing some of that.

He could be Space Jack Bauer essentially, and this is the right medium to experiment with.

Pennywise and Mondragon like this.
  12. Marvolo

Marvolo Registered

[​IMG]

I didnt know he worked with separatists.

13. Aximili86

Aximili86 Registered

Loving the idea of this. :up: What a great idea for the second streaming series, more hyped for this than for The Mandalorian.

Third should be some full-on prequel-era thing, 10-20 years before EpI (ie. not as far back as all the lame KOTOR fanwankery crap). :cool: Get out of the OT era a little more.

But yeah, set between Solo and R1, this'll be cool. Love that timeframe, Rebels barely even a thing just yet.

Mondragon likes this.
  14. Loki882

Loki882 Registered

15. jmc

jmc away for a while

Other than Jyn Ero the rest are a blur.

16. Teelie

Teelie The Incredulous Spider-Man

So a prequel series to a prequel movie. We all know how his story ends. I guess this is another Solo-type prequel story.

17. I Am The Knight

I Am The Knight Tonight's a good night.

Actually I thought Rogue One was filled with memorable characters. Cassian was one of my favorites.

Mondragon and StarLord like this.
  18. Mondragon

Mondragon My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey ≈ character.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Agree, Cassian Andor was a unique look at a darker side of a Rebel fighter/spy, who'd been doing it so long, following orders, killing, he'd lost his humanity (and tragically knew it), to the point where there was no turning back after all he'd done, all that was left for him (and his team), was to die completing his mission.
    Interesting to see how he got there.
    Also K2-SO: Ironically the cold gunmetal Imperial Assassin droid, Cassian who had lost his own humanity, reprogrammed him to be more human than himself. Like he was afraid of losing that, so made the assassin droid, human, while he became the cold killer.
    love that dynamic.
    What's great about also re-introducing K2-SO and how they became a duo, is there is a hint K2's programming actually survived them all, so he would have memories of all this.

Love it!
    Also Cassian was the one who first said "Rebellions are built on Hope".
    R1 was a great ensemble team, and character arcs, they weren't the ones who get the medals, the kiss from the princess, the recognition, glory, or any reward. Buried within a bigger war/heist epic, with a simple mission (we don't mater, and never will, all that maters is get the plans (and hope) into the right hands).

All culled from one line in the classic crawl about Rebel Spies.
    Plus of all of the Rogues, he really was "the Rebel Spy" of the opening crawl.

They should actually just call this series Star Wars: "Rebel Spy"

#18 Mondragon, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Schlosser85 likes this.
  19. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

I found Cassian more intriguing and dimensional than Jyn, tbh. Although I don't dislike any of the characters.

-VisionsVision- and StarLord like this.
  20. Monsieur Xavier

Monsieur Xavier Recycled

It could not be as bad as the Solo movie, if it is as bad, that would be an achievement by itself.
    Cassian Andor is a new character featuring in just one movie, he is not loved as Han is, I can't imagine Disney possibly be able to butcher a prequel about him or maybe I don't wan't to imagine it...then again, hope can be a cruel mistress.

21. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

Eh, big "Who Cares?" to this.

SkullDevil, Elayis, Pennywise and 2 others like this.
  22. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones It's All One Story

The universe is more than what it's been producing. At this point it's like running into a brick wall, but I dont get when there isn't a breaking point for people yet to realize that this franchise has been played out thanks to this studio. How many more stormtroopers and rebels and x-wings is it gonna take people to realize how conservative this franchise is?

This franchise is going to die a slow death if they think releasing too many films a year after one failure was the main problem.

23. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

As I said in the other thread, they picked the one character from that film I do not care for. A combination of the writing an performance on that front. I'd much prefer to follow Chirrut/Baze, Saw, or Jyn. My interest in this show is based entirely on who they cast around him, and the potential for more interesting characters to show up. Like some of the Rebels crew. Maybe he can run into Han, Chewie, Maul, Lando, Boba and Qi'ra.

24. -VisionsVision-

Quoted for truth.

25. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Registered

How could he have fought in a militia during the Clone Wars? He can't be that old.