Andor General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Diego+Luna+Alan+Tudyk+u6vmiDl0uXem.jpg

RogueOne_Cassian_Kaytoo_U-Wing.png

Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy announced today that Alan Tudyk will reprise the role of K-2SO in the upcoming Cassian Andor live-action series ...

Awesome! For this to work Cassian character absolutely needs his "human" half character dynamic ...I really like the mismatch of these two; Andor the flesh and blood, yet cold, grim Rebel assassin (losing his humanity) whose been doing this so long he's becoming little more than a programmed killing machine taking orders.
And Kaytoo; literally the killing machine, Imperial gun-metal assassin droid, reprogrammed to be more human than himself, to an almost Innocent extreme, spouting unabashed childlike, genuine truth and honesty.

It's almost like Cassian programmed to allow him to become what he was losing within himself.

Last edited:
I expected it but still a cool confirmation. I like them together

SWCC: Rogue One's Alan Tudyk Offers Insight Into K-2SO & His Career

Tudyk also revealed that one of the benefits of K-2SO is that he has basically no facial expressions. But because of that, “I can just change my lines every time. I improvised a lot.” In fact, a large number of improvised lines made their way into Rogue One. “When I slapped Cassian, I can’t believe that line made it into the movie."

Tudyk had to learn to walk on stilts with prosthetic feet "ILM bought the best ones available," he said, "and I had to use them." He also revealed he used high-tech robotic arms for K-2SO's long arm. “They were a little noisy," he recalled. "What’s so great about those arms is … that they just built them from the ground up. They just made them; ILM, they justmade the things.”

When asked how he felt about reprising his role in the upcoming Cassian Andor series on the Disney+ streaming service, Tudyk said it's “so exciting. Diego Luna promised me a paella on Day One.”

image.jpg One of the concept artists for the show worked on GOT.

Also, Diego Luna has received the scripts for the series and is preparing for the role.

Star Wars Cassian Andor Rogue One Prequel Series to Reportedly Begin Shooting Soon

Debuting later this year on Disney+ is Star Wars: The Mandalorian, marking the first official live-action TV series in the franchise. Fans at this year's Star Wars Celebration were treated to footage of the show, though an official trailer has yet to be released. Given how Lucasfilm is keeping a tight lid on the series that will be debuting in just a few months, details about the other live-action series they've been working on, which focuses on Rogue One: A Star Wars Story's Cassian Andor, have been even more sparse. A recent interview with star Diego Luna may have confirmed that the series will begin production imminently.

Mexican outlet El Siglo de Torreon noted that the actor has received the scripts for the series and that production will begin "soon." Last December, Production Weekly claimed that the series would begin shooting this October, so it's possible that the show could begin shooting even sooner.

"The problem is that I have to look younger, it's a prequel!" Luna shared with the outlet. "With a lot of exercise, organic lettuce (laughs), keep me as young and healthy as I can."

He added, "The amount of work that is done is brutal."

This comment makes it unclear if he was detailing the size of the production or the extent to which he is getting into physical shape to play a younger version of himself.
image.jpg

Rick Famuyiwa In Talks To Direct Episodes Of Cassian Andor Series (EXCLUSIVE)

We have learned that Rick Famuyiwa is in early talks to direct an undisclosed amount of episodes for the upcoming Disney+ ‘Cassian Andor’ series starring Diego Luna and Alan Tudyk in their respective roles of Cassian and K2-S0, previously seen in ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’. Rick Famuyiwa is known for directing ‘Our Family Wedding’ and ‘Dope’, he is expected to direct ‘Past Midnight’ for Netflix and The Russo Brothers which will star Keanu Reeves as a superhero, he was once attached to direct ‘The Flash’ for Warner Bros.

He is also known for directing 2 episodes of ‘The Mandalorian’ for Jon Favreau’s upcoming Disney+ series that will debut on November 12th, sources say that Disney has responded very positively to the work they’ve seen from the various directors involved in ‘The Mandalorian’ so it makes sense to bring back Rick to add that same magic to that series. Currently an offer has been made to Rick with him and the studio in early talks on whether he will accept the offer to return to direct episodes of another ‘Star Wars’ series for Disney+

The ‘Cassian Andor’ series is aiming to begin filming on October 7th in Los Angeles with Stephen Schiff attached as showrunner on the upcoming series.

Lucasfilm is yet to respond for comment regarding this story.

K2-Fast K2-Furious!

‘Rogue One’ Writer Tony Gilroy Joins Cassian Andor ‘Star Wars’ Series at Disney Plus (EXCLUSIVE)

The planned Disney Plus series centered on “Rogue One” character Cassian Andor is bringing in the film’s co-writer, Tony Gilroy, Variety has learned exclusively.

Gilroy is set to write the pilot for the series in addition to directing multiple episodes. He will work alongside Stephen Schiff, who remains onboard as showrunner. No official premiere date has been set, but Disney had previously indicated the show would debut in 2021.

‘Cassian Andor’ Series Eyeing To Begin Filming In June – Cassian’s Backstory Set To Be Explored (EXCLUSIVE)

We have learned that the Disney+ ‘Cassian Andor’ series is indeed moving forward and is currently eyeing to begin filming in June, the series will shoot in Europe.

This news comes following the announcement that the series was almost cancelled at Disney+ until Tony Gilroy, who also worked on the extensive reshoots for ‘Rogue One’, joined the project. He will write the pilot as well as direct multiple episodes of the series with ‘The Americans’ Stephen Schaffer set to helm the series as its showrunner.

The untitled series focuses on Rebel agent Cassian Andor prior to the events of ‘Rogue One’ in the early days of the Rebellion against the Empire. The show has been described as a “spy thriller” when plans for it were first revealed last year. It was also previously announced that Alan Tudyk will reprise his role as K-2SO from ‘Rogue One’ alongside Diego Luna as Cassian Andor.

We have also learned that the series will providing flashbacks to Cassian Andor’s early days.

“I’ve been in this fight since I was *six* years old. You’re not the only one who lost everything. Some of us just decided to do something about it.”

It seems we are going to see why he joined this fight at such a young age. Lucasfilm is currently eyeing to cast 9 year old and 13 year old versions of Cassian Andor. Lucasfilm is also eyeing to cast a 9 year old sister of Cassian Andor’s. If I put on my theory hat for a quick second, we can guess that Cassian’s sister potentially dies in some sort of conflict leading to him joining the Rebellion to avenge his sister.

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2019/12/31/cassian-andor-new-characters/

The Cassian Andor Breakdown
The still untitled series will follow the exploits of Cassian and his sidekick, K2-SO, with genre favorite Alan Tudyk again voicing the sarcastic droid. Showrunner Steven Schiff has brought Tony Gilroy(The Bourne Identity) on board as both writer and director. Details on the show have been scarce, with little known about the story beyond it being a prequel to the events preceding the duo’s final battle in Rogue One. However, we aren’t called The Illuminerdi for nothing… We were lucky enough to be able to get our eyes on a seemingly important character breakdown for the upcoming Cassian Andor series:

Mundo is a thirteen-year old, Hispanic male. The young teen has a head full of brown hair and big, passionate eyes. Needs to have a wide range from still calm to uncontrolled anger.

Mundo is a nine-year old, Hispanic male. A wild and unruly kid with a head full of brown hair and big, passionate eyes. Also needs to have a wide range from still calm to uncontrolled anger.

Cinta is 5-7 year old Hispanic female. Cinta has a head full of brown hair and big eyes. A wild and unruly kid who, what do you know, needs to have a wide range from still calm to uncontrolled anger.

While it was already apparent that the series had to take place before Rogue One, the character descriptions point to a true origin story. The big, passionate eyes and brown hair are a clear description of Luna’s Cassian Andor. Judging by the text, it seems that we could be seeing his growth from a rebellious child during the Clone Wars, into a full-fledged Captain in the Rebel Alliance, over the course of the series.

Cassian’s Family and Tragedy
In the casting call it was also specified that they were hoping to get real-life siblings, if possible, which explains the similarity in their character descriptions. So, it’s an almost certainty that the code name of Cinda, is in fact Cassian’s younger sister. Cassian has a revealing bit of dialogue in Rogue One that may hint at the heartache to expect in the upcoming series.

Alan Tudyk Discusses Returning to Play K-2SO in the Cassian Andor Disney+ Series [TCA 2020]

Playing K-2SO again will be like riding a bike
K-2SO was a performance capture role for Tudyk. Now that he’s gotten the physicality of K-2SO down, he won’t have to relearn anything…including performing the entire role while wearing stilts:

“By the time I was done, I never took ‘em off. I used to put them on, take them off, put them on, take them off throughout the day,” Tudyk said. “By the end, I was like don’t even take them off. I like being tall and there isn’t anything I can’t do in them.”

Now we’re picturing Alan Tudyk going to the bathroom on stilts.

What brought Alan Tudyk back
In November 2018, Disney announced a Cassian Andor streaming series for Disney+ with Diego Luna reprising his role from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. A year later, they confirmed Tony Gilroy to write and direct. Gilroy co-wrote Rogue One and directed its reshoots.

Tudyk couldn’t say when he expects to go back to filming, but he did say why it was an easy decision.

“Playing with Cassian, playing with Diego Luna and being in the world of Star Wars again,” Tudyk said. “Especially after seeing The Mandalorian and seeing what they can do with a series, how much fun it is to just go into smaller stories and tell stories that way.”

The Manadlorian got a lot of people excited about Disney+ Star Wars series. Could Cassian Andor and K-2SO find something as meme-worthy as Baby Yoda? That’s up to Gilroy to figure out.

Nobody but Alan Tudyk plays K-2SO
Tudyk insists on doing the performance capture for K-2SO. He said the producers already offered to have a double do the performance capture so he only has to do the voice, but Tudyk is all-in.

“I don’t want anybody else doing that,” Tudyk said. “It means a lot to me. They offered it but it’s not a voice over job for me. Because his face doesn’t move, that’s what you have is your body to show emotion. And because of Sonny [his character in I, Robot] and just because of theater, I’m trained. I studied that and it’s something I enjoy.”

Glad we are getting this in 2021. I did like Andor in RO and if it’s half as good as Mandalorian this could be really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"