Rogue One Rogue One: Comic(s)

Breogan

My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey
Reaction score
Star-Wars-Rogue-One-Noto.jpg

http://ew.com/books/2017/01/12/marvel-rogue-one-comic/

Marvel Announces Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Comic Adaptation

The “Rogue One” adaptation follows in a tradition of comic book adaptations for “Star Wars” films. Marvel adapted the original “Star Wars” in a six-issue storyline that kicked off their first ongoing “Star Wars” comic in 1977. Marvel subsequently adapted “The Empire Strikes Back” and “Return of the Jedi.” The publisher also just concluded their “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” adaptation.

http://www.cbr.com/marvel-announces...al-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-TW&view=list

The limited series won’t just be a strict adaptation of what fans saw in the theater, however. Houser spoke about the series, saying that it will include more than what was seen in the film. “The comics will definitely expand on what was seen in both ‘Rogue One’ the film and the novelization,” said Houser. “Lucasfilm and [‘Rogue One’ director] Gareth Edwards had a bunch of ideas for extra scenes and character moments that didn’t make it into the film. I’m having a lot of fun playing around with those. Adaptations across different forms of media have always been a great opportunity to explore other facets of the story, and we’re excited to have new material in the ‘Rogue One’ comic.”

It'll be interesting to see how they expand on the story from what we saw on film.

I love the characters who stole the movie as much as everyone else — Chirrut, Baze and K-2SO, I would say — but I find something really compelling about the trio of Bodhi, Jyn, and Cassian. You have the new convert, the lapsed believer, and the life-long devout thrown together to work for a common goal. That’s a dynamic I’m excited to explore further.

Last edited:
Interesting! That EW article didn't really say what they'll focus on. I just want to learn more about our characters before they got to Rogue One.

Interesting! That EW article didn't really say what they'll focus on. I just want to learn more about our characters before they got to Rogue One.
Yeah Houser says - "Gareth Edwards had a bunch of ideas for extra scenes and character moments that didn’t make it into the film. I’m having a lot of fun playing around with those." Although she doesn't specify what those scenes are. Hopefully they are moments that do reveal some more back story for the main cast, and further characterization.
Looking forward to it.

As far as "more about our characters before they got to Rogue One" I agree.
I'de love to see more, although I think they'd be better off doing them as a few one-shots or stand alone mini-series.
Some ideas:

Partisans:
-A book focusing on Jyn's time with Saw Gerrera and his partisan militia. Seeing some of the extremes they go to, Saw's fall into paranoia, their break from the Alliance, see a few of the unusual members of Saw's team developed further as Jyn struggled along side them, bonding with, and then finally being separated from them, bringing her up to where we meet her in the film.

Rebel Spies: (aka license to kill / mission impossible in the Star Wars U)
-Ongoing adventures of Cassian Andor and K-2SO, how they met, why he reprogrammed a cold sarcastic imperial assassin droid to become his "best friend"? (kinda sad actually!)
Maybe with all the killing, all these dark spy missions (he's been doing this since he was 6), feeling he was losing his own humanity, he had to create something more "human" in an assassin droid.
Cassian is somewhat a dark character, he is set up though as a bit of the James Bond (licences to kill) rebel spy/intelligence officer of the Rebel Alliance. Establish a conflict between his superiors Mon Mothma, and the more ruthless tactics of General Draven, as Cassian has to walk that fine line between losing his humanity in the face of his impossible missions.
(also develop the team Pao and all the others which chose to follow him, (the 10 who feel like 100 group) and see how they became a team.

Guardians of the Whills: (the most likely)
-Chirrut Imwe & Baze Malbus, their time as Guardians of the Whills, how they met, how Baze became his protector, explore Chirrut's spirituality an ongoing adventure with them would be great!

Dissent: (Bodhi Rook)
-Not sure how much they could do with Bodhi, but a mini with how he came into contact with Galen Erso, maybe how he inspires him, how an every-man cargo pilot for the Empire, makes the incredible choice to defect, risk everything in pursuit and hopes for something better.
As I understand it he was hoping to just deliver his message and walk away from it all, yet as things escalate there is clearlly that point where he knows he's never going back to that previous life. Maybe find out what that was, who he leaves behind, his family he was hoping to return to.
Not sure if the Rebellion would get in contact with them, want them to know the significance of his sacrifice, but can't for fear of incriminating them. (Although we saw his wanted poster/hologram), so maybe in fact they do need to be rescued by the Rebels, and in the process his family realize the significance of what he did, somewhere there is a story there.

Last edited:
Awesome!! They definitely need more character development, this will really flesh things out.

swRogueOne002.jpg

Cover: Rogue One #2

DAMx3L9WAAA_jSz.jpg:large

http://www.starwars.com/news/cassian-meets-k-2so-in-rogue-one-prequel-comic-exclusive

In Rogue One, we saw how Cassian Andor and K-2SO became legends of the Rebellion — and how their story ended. Now, we’ll finally learn how it all began.

StarWars.com is excited to announce Star Wars: Rogue One — Cassian & K-2SO Special #1, coming in August from Marvel. Written by Duane Swierczynski with art by Fernando Blanco, the 40-page one-shot will reveal how Cassian, one of the top intelligence officers of the Rebel Alliance, met K-2SO, a reprogrammed Imperial security droid. Check out the cover below by Julian Totino Tedesco, which finds the duo back-to-back, ready for battle.

Last edited:
Will have to try these soon. Just saw the film again recently.

How Luke Skywalker Learns About 'Rogue One' - http://comicbook.com/2017/08/27/star-wars-rogue-one-luke-skywalker/

Star Wars #38 November 1. http://www.cbr.com/interview-star-wars-kieron-gillen/

Because the run has more of a military tone than Jason’s run I thought the best way to start that was by coming off the back of Rogue One which was more of a war movie take on the Star Wars universe. So we’re kind of starting with a smaller story explicitly integrating with and exposing the New Hope characters to everything that happened in Rogue One.

...we get people like Luke discovering everything that allowed him to get into a position to destroy the Death Star. He finds out about Jyn Erso and all the people who sacrificed their lives to give him the chance to be a hero. As you can imagine, that’s going to hit Luke hard.

When I saw Rogue One I immediately thought, “I wonder what Luke makes of all this? I wonder what Leia makes of it?” Now I’m in a position where I get to write that. [Laughs] It’s a lot of fun.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"