Rogue One: Comic(s)

Discussion in 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' started by Mondragon, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Mondragon

Mondragon My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey

[​IMG]

http://ew.com/books/2017/01/12/marvel-rogue-one-comic/

Marvel Announces Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Comic Adaptation

http://www.cbr.com/marvel-announces...al-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-TW&view=list

It'll be interesting to see how they expand on the story from what we saw on film.

#1 Mondragon, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  2. scarlet-witch

scarlet-witch Stormborn

Interesting! That EW article didn't really say what they'll focus on. I just want to learn more about our characters before they got to Rogue One.

3. Mondragon

Yeah Houser says - "Gareth Edwards had a bunch of ideas for extra scenes and character moments that didn’t make it into the film. I’m having a lot of fun playing around with those." Although she doesn't specify what those scenes are. Hopefully they are moments that do reveal some more back story for the main cast, and further characterization.
    Looking forward to it.

As far as "more about our characters before they got to Rogue One" I agree.
    I'de love to see more, although I think they'd be better off doing them as a few one-shots or stand alone mini-series.
    Some ideas:

Partisans:
    -A book focusing on Jyn's time with Saw Gerrera and his partisan militia. Seeing some of the extremes they go to, Saw's fall into paranoia, their break from the Alliance, see a few of the unusual members of Saw's team developed further as Jyn struggled along side them, bonding with, and then finally being separated from them, bringing her up to where we meet her in the film.

Rebel Spies: (aka license to kill / mission impossible in the Star Wars U)
    -Ongoing adventures of Cassian Andor and K-2SO, how they met, why he reprogrammed a cold sarcastic imperial assassin droid to become his "best friend"? (kinda sad actually!)
    Maybe with all the killing, all these dark spy missions (he's been doing this since he was 6), feeling he was losing his own humanity, he had to create something more "human" in an assassin droid.
    Cassian is somewhat a dark character, he is set up though as a bit of the James Bond (licences to kill) rebel spy/intelligence officer of the Rebel Alliance. Establish a conflict between his superiors Mon Mothma, and the more ruthless tactics of General Draven, as Cassian has to walk that fine line between losing his humanity in the face of his impossible missions.
    (also develop the team Pao and all the others which chose to follow him, (the 10 who feel like 100 group) and see how they became a team.

Guardians of the Whills: (the most likely)
    -Chirrut Imwe & Baze Malbus, their time as Guardians of the Whills, how they met, how Baze became his protector, explore Chirrut's spirituality an ongoing adventure with them would be great!

Dissent: (Bodhi Rook)
    -Not sure how much they could do with Bodhi, but a mini with how he came into contact with Galen Erso, maybe how he inspires him, how an every-man cargo pilot for the Empire, makes the incredible choice to defect, risk everything in pursuit and hopes for something better.
    As I understand it he was hoping to just deliver his message and walk away from it all, yet as things escalate there is clearlly that point where he knows he's never going back to that previous life. Maybe find out what that was, who he leaves behind, his family he was hoping to return to.
    Not sure if the Rebellion would get in contact with them, want them to know the significance of his sacrifice, but can't for fear of incriminating them. (Although we saw his wanted poster/hologram), so maybe in fact they do need to be rescued by the Rebels, and in the process his family realize the significance of what he did, somewhere there is a story there.

#3 Mondragon, Jan 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  4. sueb1863

sueb1863 Registered

Awesome!! They definitely need more character development, this will really flesh things out.

5. Mondragon

[​IMG]

Cover: Rogue One #2

6. Mondragon

[​IMG]

http://www.starwars.com/news/cassian-meets-k-2so-in-rogue-one-prequel-comic-exclusive

#6 Mondragon, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  7. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Will have to try these soon. Just saw the film again recently.

8. Mondragon

How Luke Skywalker Learns About 'Rogue One' - http://comicbook.com/2017/08/27/star-wars-rogue-one-luke-skywalker/

Star Wars #38 November 1. http://www.cbr.com/interview-star-wars-kieron-gillen/

#8 Mondragon, Aug 27, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017