Legends 'Rogue One' Prequel Series Starring Diego Luna

NotNickFury

Superhero
Reaction score
So a prequel to a prequel.

‘Star Wars’ Live Action Streaming Series to Star Diego Luna

Diego Luna will star in a new “Star Wars” series for Disney’s new streaming service. The show will be a prequel to “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”

Luna will reprise his role as rebel spy Cassian Andor, the cocky daredevil who helped Felicity Jones steal the Death Star plans in the hit 2016 movie.

“Going back to the Star Wars universe is very special for me,” said Luna. “I have so many memories of the great work we did together and the relationships I made throughout the journey. We have a fantastic adventure ahead of us, and this new exciting format will give us the chance to explore this character more deeply.”

There are two other characters in Rogue One I would love a show about... and they went with one of the two most bland, painfully dull characters in the movie.

There are two other characters in Rogue One I would love a show about... and they went with one of the two most bland, painfully dull characters in the movie.

I am 1000% with Backstroke of the West.

There is one character I don't care for in Rogue One, and it is Cassian. Chirrut/Baze, Saw or Jyn. But nope.... Well at least K2SO should be around. Also really hoping for Mon Mothma to be a semi-regular, for the Rebels characters to show up and maybe even a Leia cameo.

Last edited:
Eh. I thought Cassian was more interesting than miserable Jyn.

It would be nice to see events in Rebels get a mention although I guess it will depend on how far before Scariff it is set. But there should be some crossover of the timelines considering Rebels was during the previous 4 years. And the events of Rebels did have an impact on the larger Rebellion although it was more in the later seasons. For example they have said that the reason the Rebels leaders were so reluctant to try a large scale attack on the Empire in Rogue One is that Thrawn's siege of Atollon left bad memories.

One good thing is that there is a comic which covers the first meeting of Cassian and K2 so that shouldn't be in the show which will be nice since there is a tendency in these sorts of shows to feel a need to put in an origin story for everything.

Umm Disney, since you're doing live action SW shows now, can we please get a Dr. Aphra show, or a Rae Sloane show? Pretty Please!!

As for Cassian, hopefully they really get into all of that morally shady/iffy stuff that he claimed that he's done on behalf of the Rebellion. He could be Space Jack Bauer essentially or something, that'd be different for this franchise and this is the right medium to experiment in imo.

I liked his introduction in Rogue One. If the show is anything like that, sure, why not?

Cassian also fought in a Separatist-allied militia during The Clone Wars, so it'd be interesting to maybe get some flashbacks seeing some of that.

Very random character to make a show about, but it has some potential in exploring the beginning of the Rebel Alliance and Cassian being a former Separatist. I liked his character because of the moral ambiguity he brought; I'd like to see more of that.

Umm Disney, since you're doing live action SW shows now, can we please get a Dr. Aphra show, or a Rae Sloane show? Pretty Please!!

As for Cassian, hopefully they really get into all of that morally shady/iffy stuff that he claimed that he's done on behalf of the Rebellion. He could be Space Jack Bauer essentially or something, that'd be different for this franchise and this is the right medium to experiment in imo.

I liked his introduction in Rogue One. If the show is anything like that, sure, why not?

I liked his character because of the moral ambiguity he brought; I'd like to see more of that.

LOL like the Mandalorian there are now four threads in different forums discussing the same show.

Might as well post here too-

NMlPhst.jpg

HIwo7GJ.jpg

Cassian Andor: Some of us, most of us, we've done terrible things on behalf of the Rebellion. We're spies. Saboteurs. Assassins.

Everything I did. I did for the Rebellion. And every time I walked away from something I wanted to forget I told myself it was for a cause that I believed in. A cause that was worth it. Without that, without a cause, we're lost. Everything we've done would have been for nothing. I couldn't face myself if I gave up now. None of us could.

Cassian Andor was a unique look at a darker side of a Rebel fighter/spy, who'd been doing it so long, following orders, killing, he'd lost his humanity (and tragically knew it), to the point where there was no turning back after all he'd done, all that was left for him (and his team), was to die completing his mission.
Interesting to see how he got there.
Also K2-SO: Ironically the cold gunmetal Imperial Assassin droid, Cassian who had lost his own humanity, reprogrammed him to be more human than himself. Like he was afraid of losing that, so made the assassin droid, human, while he became the cold killer.
love that dynamic.
What's great about also re-introducing K2-SO and how they became a duo, is there is a hint K2's programming actually survived them all, so he would have memories of all this.

Love it!
Also Cassian was the one who first said "Rebellions are built on Hope".
R1 was a great ensemble team, and character arcs, they weren't the ones who get the medals, the kiss from the princess, the recognition, glory, or any reward. Buried within a bigger war/heist epic, with a simple mission (we don't mater, and never will, all that maters is get the plans (and hope) into the right hands).

All culled from one line in the classic crawl about Rebel Spies.
Plus of all of the Rogues, he really was "the Rebel Spy" of the opening crawl.

They should actually just call this series Star Wars: "Rebel Spy"

MrgRiwS.jpg

Last edited:
Diego+Luna+Alan+Tudyk+u6vmiDl0uXem.jpg

Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy announced today that Alan Tudyk will reprise the role of K-2SO in the upcoming Cassian Andor live-action series ...

Awesome! For this to work Cassian character absolutely needs his "human" half ...I really like the mismatch of these two; Andor the flesh and blood, yet cold, grim Rebel assassin (losing his humanity) whose been doing this so long he's becoming little more than a programmed killing machine taking orders.
And Kaytoo; the Imperial gun-metal assassin droid reprogrammed to be human, to an almost Innocent extreme, spouting unabashed childlike, genuine truth and honesty.

tudyk-k2so-tall-1536x864-968056422844.jpg

Last edited:
SWCC: Rogue One's Alan Tudyk Offers Insight Into K-2SO & His Career

Tudyk also revealed that one of the benefits of K-2SO is that he has basically no facial expressions. But because of that, “I can just change my lines every time. I improvised a lot.” In fact, a large number of improvised lines made their way into Rogue One. “When I slapped Cassian, I can’t believe that line made it into the movie."

Tudyk had to learn to walk on stilts with prosthetic feet "ILM bought the best ones available," he said, "and I had to use them." He also revealed he used high-tech robotic arms for K-2SO's long arm. “They were a little noisy," he recalled. "What’s so great about those arms is … that they just built them from the ground up. They just made them; ILM, they justmade the things.”

When asked how he felt about reprising his role in the upcoming Cassian Andor series on the Disney+ streaming service, Tudyk said it's “so exciting. Diego Luna promised me a paella on Day One.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"