Days of Future Past Rogue or Kitty?

Great Mind(s)

Broken
Reaction score
First attempt at a thread bare with me, if it's too irrelevant feel free to delete it! It's in my opinion that either Rogue or Kitty need to be in the future scenes with Wolverine (at least). Kitty would be closer to the comics obviously but without the mind-traveling, it wouldn't be 100% accurate anyway. I would love to see Ellen Page return and given something with substance, I think Singer could really direct her well. On the other hand, Rogue is somewhat of the "Kitty-esq" character of the movie-series and we've been emotionally invested in her story which kind of fizzled out. As well as the fact that she and Wolverine have the relationship like that of he and Kitty in the comics. If there's a third option you think is better, do tell! So... poll time.

Not really a fan of film Rogue in X1,2 or 3, so unless they switched her personality wise Im goen with Kitty or other. I can see how Rogue would make more sense, especially since the audience knows her more. So I can def see that pov. Her adaptation just pisses me off enough to not wanna see her again unless they adjust her to be more like the comics.

Last edited:
Neither Rogue nor Kitty have past versions in the 1960s, so they are not as obvious a choice for time traveller as in the comics.

But Kitty is more 'comic accurate' as a choice for time traveller and perhaps her phasing powers allow her body to survive the physical trauma of the trip.

Singer has a better relationship with Anna Paquin and has never worked with Ellen Page before. But Rogue would be pretty useless either in the future, or if sent back in the 60s, unless her confidence, battle training and powers are beefed up a bit.

I don't mind which one, but if it's Rogue she has be a bit more feisty than in the previous portrayal.

the phychic travel isnt needed at all.

The key is to time travel, whatever the form is.

So my choice is Kitty, definetly. For many reasons, but the main ones:

1. She is the star of the storyarc, so deserves to be on this sequel
2. Rogue has had a decent presence on the trilogy, but Kitty only had a decent role on X3
3. Kitty working with the 60's x-men would be really cool, and will bring a very useful power.

Last edited:
I voted for Rogue just because I want to see her character redeemed. I wasn't too impressed with how she was used so far.

For some reason I get the feeling that neither will be in this film.

the phychic travel isnt needed at all.

The key is to time travel, whatever the form is.

So my choice is Kitty, definetly. For many reasons, but the main ones:

1. She is the star of the storyarc, so deserves to be on this sequel
2. Rogue has had a decent presence on the trilogy, but Kitty only had a decent role on X3
3. Kitty working with the 60's x-men would be really cool, and will bring a very useful power.

I think it would be cool to have Kitty (Page) interacting with the 60s environment... But I'd personally like an Xavier mind swap. I would still open the movie with either Rogue or Kitty in desolate NYC escaping Sentinels and meeting up with Wolverine...

I disagree.I think Rogue will be used.Based on what we have heard I am betting the returnes from X-Men trilogy will be ones cast by Byran Singer.

Bryan Is very likely to avoid reference to the Last Stand,and will want to bring back,with
possable exception of Halle Berry,actors he has good relationship with.Anna Paquin Is one of those.

Bryan may want to call back to the close relationship between Wolverine and Rogue he had especilly In first X-Men.

Rogue has essentilly filled the Kitty Pryde role In Bryan's past X-Men films(X-Men and X2)
and It makes sence It would continue here.

Rogue as Time Traveler allows you opportunity to show her having to find way to mansion after time travel and then you can cut to what Is going on In Past to both
X-Men and Brotherhood.

It's very unlikely Rogue would suddenly have the MS Marvel powers but I can defently see In working with Wolverine In Dark Future she devolped more fighting skills.

I think it would be cool to have Kitty (Page) interacting with the 60s environment... But I'd personally like an Xavier mind swap. I would still open the movie with either Rogue or Kitty in desolate NYC escaping Sentinels and meeting up with Wolverine...
yeah, Id love a beggining like that too

Im getting too used to that idea that probably I'll be dissapointed with the final result, lol

But the Xavier mind switch doesn't allow any real crossover between Original
trilogy and First Class casts.Also to make Xavier Mind switch work you would
have to go back and forth between past and future.James Mcavoy will not spend most of film playing Older Xavier In younger Xavier's body.

Kitty traveling physically back in time, all the way.

Much cooler than a mind switch.

Having Havok, Beast, Banshee and Kitty fighting together would be pretty fun to me.

I'd rather they go with the Xavier mind transfer with regards to mind travel. But, since Rogue is pretty much Kitty in the movieverse, she could knock about with Wolverine in the future. Kitty proper was never a significant character, so she could end up as one of the fallen X-Men.

I agree they could go with Xavier mind transfer as the time travel but It wouldn't be my first Choice.Well at least that would be better than It being Mystique.And one possibly
around using the Xavier mind transer as time travel and still havin ga First Class/X-Men trilogy casts cross over Is seeking the 1960's bone clawed Wolverine to help stop the
assassination.Rogue at very least Is likely to be one working with Wolverine In future.
If they do a version of Wolverine breaking other suruving mutants from Internment camp Rogue would be likely choice to add him.

Rogue simply because she's more significant in the X-Men trilogy than Kitty. Kitty's upgraded role in X3 was really random and I don't want to see her as the time traveler for this cross-over movie.

I disagree.I think Rogue will be used.Based on what we have heard I am betting the returnes from X-Men trilogy will be ones cast by Byran Singer.

Bryan Is very likely to avoid reference to the Last Stand,and will want to bring back,with
possable exception of Halle Berry,actors he has good relationship with.Anna Paquin Is one of those.

Bryan may want to call back to the close relationship between Wolverine and Rogue he had especilly In first X-Men.

Rogue has essentilly filled the Kitty Pryde role In Bryan's past X-Men films(X-Men and X2)
and It makes sence It would continue here.

Rogue as Time Traveler allows you opportunity to show her having to find way to mansion after time travel and then you can cut to what Is going on In Past to both
X-Men and Brotherhood.

It's very unlikely Rogue would suddenly have the MS Marvel powers but I can defently see In working with Wolverine In Dark Future she devolped more fighting skills.

That's a very good point. I can see Singer making an attempt to "take back" the series that he kind of started.

Definitely Rogue because Kitty hasn't made any sort of impact on me, as much as I like her character in the comics. Her being on the team in X3 was definitely fan service, as were most of the cameos, they felt very forced and if they weren't in the movies, the movie still would have been the same but maybe more character development in place of the numerous cameos. In the movie universe she was poorly handled. Ellen Page was a bad choice for Kitty.

What I also disliked was Rogue's scene with Logan in X3. In X-Men he was like, "I'll protect you and take care of you.." but in X3 he was like, "I'm not your father, do what you want.." totally ruined their bond that was developed over the first two movies. The novelization/alternate ending was better because Rogue didn't take the cure and in the novel she even returned and stayed behind to protect the school right before the battle on Alcatraz.

I'm sure the audience is familiar with Rogue and the terrible disservice to her character in X3 blah blah blah but I don't need another film with her weak portrayal as a major part again. Enough already.

If I'm stuck choosing between the two my take is that the moiveverse has done a far better job w.Rogue than w.Kitty. This can be a way to really integrate Kitty and make her really feel part of the team. So my vote is for Kitty- although I would be just fine w.Rogue.

I voted for kitty pride. For one Ellen Page has ammassed a good deal of name recognition since her last x-film, also, with rogue they have to devote screen-time or dialogue to her regaining her powers, or how this has affected her, which given how much I'm expecting this plot to involve, will detract from the overall story. whereas with Kitty you can just jump right into the main plot of the film.

Rogue all the way. Paquin and Jackman shared many great scenes and I'd love to see them knocking around in the future. It would be interesting to see a far more comic-familiar Rogue, changed by the future she faced. She would perfectly assume Kitty's role from the comic as someone dramatically altered by her experiences, and there could be some great interaction between her and 60's Xavier as the prof is just taking on his first students and Rogue was basically his last.

I think Kitty would do fine. The character is slightly familiar to audiences thanks to X3.

And she has appeared on both X-men: Evolution and Wolverine and the x-men, so its not like she is an unknown character, you know?

some fans seem to expect just the same two-three characters over and over.

Its time to really EXPAND the universe, not to repeat the same formula.

I love Kitty but Rogue will likely get it, if at all.

I'm 99.9% sure that this film will be told from Wolverine's POV, so it makes sense that Rogue will be at his side--they've been together from film #1 and I actually love the chemistry between them.

But Rogue will be useless in terms of...well, anything--past, present or future...especially in battle. Let's hope Logan takes a third party with him too, ergo, Scott, Jean or Storm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"