Roland Emmerich's 2012

there are two options.

a) they showed every money shot they have in this movie. to get people in the theater

b) this movie is full of money shots of destruction.

So according to Emmerich the worlds gonna end by

Meteors, Tsunamis, and gigantic earthquakes. hmmm 2012 is gonna be a brutal year indeed haha.

So according to Emmerich the worlds gonna end by

Meteors, Tsunamis, and gigantic earthquakes. hmmm 2012 is gonna be a brutal year indeed haha.

Honestly, Emmerich didn't come up with these ideas. Read a bit on Nostradamus and other predictors of the future. There was another guy who's name escapes me that was pretty famous or 'known' for his predictions along side Nostradamus.

I'm not saying I believe that's what will happen on 2012, especially since the Mayan calendar just says it's the end of a cycle, not the world necessarily. I just think it's a fun/entertaining idea to run with for a film and who better than Emmerich to bring a semi-mindless disaster film to the big screen.

for a 2012 movie i would do an alien invassion that was never done before

Honestly, Emmerich didn't come up with these ideas. Read a bit on Nostradamus and other predictors of the future. There was another guy who's name escapes me that was pretty famous or 'known' for his predictions along side Nostradamus.

I'm not saying I believe that's what will happen on 2012, especially since the Mayan calendar just says it's the end of a cycle, not the world necessarily. I just think it's a fun/entertaining idea to run with for a film and who better than Emmerich to bring a semi-mindless disaster film to the big screen.

oh i know, ive watched the history channel before lol. Its Nostradomus, Merlin, The Bible, and supposably the Internet that says **** will happen. It is a good reason to just let your ideas go wild for this kinda film. I may see it. Cusack is a good actor in my opinion and the rest of the cast seems kinda descent. Idk about Glover being the president though lol.

for a 2012 movie i would do an alien invassion that was never done before

What would some of your ideas be? I'm just curious because alien invasion films have practically been done to death...not to mention Emmerich was the one who directed Independence Day.</p>
oh i know, ive watched the history channel before lol. Its Nostradomus, Merlin, The Bible, and supposably the Internet that says **** will happen. It is a good reason to just let your ideas go wild for this kinda film. I may see it. Cusack is a good actor in my opinion and the rest of the cast seems kinda descent. Idk about Glover being the president though lol.

I'm at work so I can't view the full trailer, tha's kind of cool that Danny Glover is in it. I don't think I've seen him in anything remotely big since the original saw. Surprised to find Oliver Platt is in this as well.

What would some of your ideas be? I'm just curious because alien invasion films have practically been done to death...not to mention Emmerich was the one who directed Independence Day.</p>

I'm at work so I can't view the full trailer, tha's kind of cool that Danny Glover is in it. I don't think I've seen him in anything remotely big since the original saw. Surprised to find Oliver Platt is in this as well.

yeah oliver platt u rarely see these days. The last film i saw danny glover in was Be Kind Rewind, but this is like a big role for him now. Should be interesting

i dont know how i would do it. but i would :hehe:

2012 just screams aliens to me. they came back. and then comes a twist.

Does anyone know which studio is doing the CGI for this film because it is very impressive!

I know this film is going to be incredibly boring, it is gonna be utter crap but visually it is gonna be great!

I really hope there's more to the story than the whole center of Earth, Sun, and galaxy aligning causing the Earth to come off it's axis blah, blah, blah. That whole thing has been turned into a joke at this point. I've heard it is basically an alien invasion movie though, so it's rather moot.

The CGI is pretty damn impressive. I'm still not sure If I want to see it though.

The day after tomorrow looks like a walk in the park compared to this :wow::wow:

digital domain was made from stan winston and james cameoron. michel bay is now the owner.

i think lot of people from ILM are working at DD. their work from last year has been very impressive.

Michael Bay has handled the company quite well. ILM and Digital Domain are definitely the best. Thanks to the great connection you mentioned of senior executives from ILM now working over at DD of course.

looks like a bunch of destructive mayhem and madness. should be fun to watch!!! i just hope that this movie has a realistic outcome for the fate of humankind. i don't mind if mankind survives this incident as long as the majority is wiped out. i'm tired of disaster movies that only wipe out a fraction of mankind's population only to have the disaster recede, leaving most of mankind untouched.

Independence Day = Crap
The Day after Tomorrow = Crap
Godzilla 98' = Crap

Why would this be any different?

Trailer looks great, but the movie will like end up disappointing and suck.

Edgar Cayce maybe? Anywho, it should be a fun film to watch.

On a side note, anyone else here ever heard of the bible codes? supposedly it predicts an asteroid impact for.......wait for it........2012.

Hey Dorky and dark_b did you guys notice the reuse of the "blood moon eclipse" crap from DB:E. I'm 100% sure its the same exact shot at 28-30 sec point. Pretty hilarious that they used footage from it I think.

Oh yeah I forgot to Mention 10,000 B.C. which was also crap by Emmerich.

Hey Dorky and dark_b did you guys notice the reuse of the "blood moon eclipse" crap from DB:E. I'm 100% sure its the same exact shot at 28-30 sec point. Pretty hilarious that they used footage from it I think.
i noticed. but i dont think its exactly the same. but its pretty close.

even though i acknowledge that, by today's standards, ID4 sucks...it was awesome popcorn fun back when it first came out...and was one of the movies that got me interested in how films were made.

but yeah...the rest of Emmerich's films are kinda crappy. i hope this one doesn't follow that pattern.

haha, it's very similar but it's actually a different shot. the bright spot in the DB:E trailer is roughly at 2 o'clock while the bright spot in the 2012 trailer is at 3 o'clock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"