"Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGoddess

TheGoddess Well-Known Member

maybe she had it there all along and didn't notice it..cuz lol

I'm like that all the time.
    She could have had family over,a niece or something who placed is there,and she just now paid attention to it.I'd be creeped too if i was a single woman living in NYC ALONE.

2. Mystique's Leg

Mystique's Leg Well-Known Member

That's creepy. They should make a horror story out of that story about a haunted book, starring and directed by Famke.

3. Endeavor

Endeavor Que bolá con el timbeque?

I hope it's not some freak that's sending her a message

4. CyclopsSummers

CyclopsSummers Well-Known Member

He has been vaporized.

By making a twist. Cyclops has not been vaporized finally, just inconscious somewhere.

Or time travel and modify the past.

5. Mr.M

Mr.M Well-Known Member

LIKE YOU!!! Mystery solved.

I'll get you the teddy bears this Christmas. But don't resort to this.

Better yet, I'll break into Singer's home and convince him to get Cyclops in DoFP so that none of the fans feel lonely.

6. jaymes_e06

jaymes_e06 Well-Known Member

I think the guy that broke into her house already made that movie. Though it's more of a documentary because he put cameras all in her house and watches it at nightfall.:o

7. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

hmm... you seem to know alot about this for an... Innocent person

[​IMG]

:oldrazz:

8. jaymes_e06

Hell I wish I had thought of it. That guy is brilliant!:oldrazz:

9. Endeavor

lol
    whatchutalkinaboutWillis

10. jaymes_e06

Imagine finding this book my your night stand.
    [​IMG]
    I would have shat myself.

11. henzINNIT

henzINNIT Well-Known Member

Indeed. As this entire plot has to focus on changing things to prevent an apocalyptic future, I don't understand how Scott and Jean's returning this way is more cheesy than another, entirely new construction to allow them to return.

Oh... and that book.... Jesus Christ I'd be dropping bricks.

12. Nell2ThaIzzay

Nell2ThaIzzay Well-Known Member

Because this plot isn't about retconning things that have happened already in the series because certain fans were unhappy with it.

The original story wasn't about undoing the comics that happened before it to create a new timeline of comics. But that's exactly what people want to happen in order to bring Cyclops and Jean Grey back.

Because in order to bring Cyclops and Jean Grey back, the main trilogy, or very significant pieces of the main trilogy, have to be undone to allow that.

Because the time travel is going back to 1973, to a time period where Cyclops and Jean Grey aren't even involved in, so them coming back at the end has nothing to do with anything that happened.

13. Mr.M

Mr.M Well-Known Member

Aside from the crazy, obsessed fanboy possibility, maybe it's the crazy ex that still had the keys and Famke forgot about no taking that set of kets back.

But yeah, that's freaky. Most likely a crazy X-Men fanboy though, or someone that wanted to get done in same way Xenia did Bond in the Golden Eye movie.

14. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

As I said elsewhere on here, we don't want Cyclops and Jean back only for it to be a repeat of the situation we had before: Wolverine dominates at Cyclops' expense and then the love triangle thing.

If Cyclops and Jean return, then it has to be something different.

15. Mars123

Mars123 Well-Known Member

Absolutely it needs to change, I'd almost say no more triangle.... Maybe a few glances or one scene with Jean and wolvie where she sets the boundaries but no more trainable in the future please!

16. Endeavor

I'd like to see Logan abandon his Jean obsession and go after his actual true love: Mariko

17. Mr.M

Mr.M Well-Known Member

Yeah, she could cameo at the end of this movie and Wolverine could get some closure in that regard, but it is irrelevant. I think Logan has already moved on, so even if that couple is resurrected, he will let it be, regardless of whom he ends up with.

18. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

I doubt it would be as simple as wolverine is over her, not after all the fuss they built up with X3 and the wolverine, he technically didn't get over her in the wolverine he just let her death go

19. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Well sadly, Bryan Singer has said that Scott isn't in Days of Future Past. I guess that James Marsden didn't want to return, but they could have recast him honestly. I am still holding hope the Framke Jensen as Jean does make an apperance or at least a reference. She was totally willing to come back last time I checked.

20. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Well X3 was kinda hinting at his relationship with Storm but with Wolverine they probably will go with Mariko.

21. Mr.M

Mr.M Well-Known Member

Could be misdirection. Didn't Mangold and/or Famke state Jean wasn't in Wolverine either? My guess is that Marsden isn't in the film with anything of note, but I think there could be a cameo.

22. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

You would think that given on how hard of a life that Scott Summers is known to have had during his upbringing, what with his parents dying in a plane crash, him and his brother being separated, along with the moment where he had to deal with his powers and wasn't able to control them until Xavier arrived in his life, that FOX could capitalize on all of that, but sadly, they lacked the foresight to do so.

23. DOFP

DOFP Well-Known Member

^^agreed ):

24. jaymes_e06

Sadly this is sooo true. :(

25. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Even though it’s already been 7 years since “The Last Stand”, I still can’t get over on how badly screwed Cyclops was from the X-Men Franchise. Before the third film was released, I was hopeful that Cyclops would receive a substantial role in the third film due to Logan’s story being somewhat concluded regarding his past in the Second film, along with how they were going with the Dark Phoenix storyline. I had no idea then on how much they would change things in the final result.

I think it makes it even worse when I watch things like X-Men: Evolution, or even Wolverine and the X-men, where Cyclops was better fleshed out and portrayed in those incarnations, even in the latter one, than he was in the live action franchise.

What ever happened to the guy that told an unconscious Xavier in the first film that he would take and look after the X-Men and everyone else in the school if something should happen to Xavier?

This is why I wanted a reboot for the X-Men franchise when First Class was announced, and especially after I saw it because if they could give Alex Summers in that film a good enough role then imagine what they could have done with Scott, especially in a Wolverine Free team.

Honestly, I don’t hate Wolverine. I really like the character, mainly due to how Hugh Jackman portrays him. But I don’t like how Scott had to be the scapegoat in order for Wolverine to shine. Cyclops lost his role in the team, his overall significance, and even his woman, to Wolverine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.