Days of Future Past "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 2

It wouldn't need to look exactly like that. Just pretty much the red jump suit with the flame making the (gold parts).

I've always loved this and I think it could have been an option.

gSyHNX5.jpg

If Jean had any characterization whatsoever after she killed Xavier it would have been easier coming up with a better costume idea.

Meh, while I was semi-fine with that look in the comic, it's too lazy to actually use as a costume.

Well I wanted a variation of the classic costume, but I thought this might have the "realism" that some here are clinging too. At least it has the Phoenix insignia.

I actually like the X3 outfit, just not as THE Phoenix costume. Maybe some gold trimming and a phoenix insignia on it would have helped.

Well I wanted a variation of the classic costume, but I thought this might have the "realism" that some here are clinging too. At least it has the Phoenix insignia.

I really don't get the need for the Phoenix insignia. It would just look cartoonish. In X2, she had the phoenix coat and a phoenix necklace but those were just a nod to the Phoenix in the comic-books and they weren't in your face and not that noticeable. But a big Phoenix insignia around her chest especially if she already had the phoenix aura around her entire body. Thats like if Wolfsbane turned into a wolf, she has to have an image of a wolf on her costume. Not that I'm saying Wolfsbane had a costume like that in the comics.

I really don't get the need for the Phoenix insignia.
She's the Phoenix.......:dry:
It would just look cartoonish.
No more cartoonish than a black woman with white hair or blue mutants everywhere...:dry:
In X2, she had the phoenix coat and a phoenix necklace but those were just a nod to the Phoenix in the comic-books and they weren't in your face and not that noticeable. But a big Phoenix insignia around her chest especially if she already had the phoenix aura around her entire body.
Pretty much everyone here would have accepted the continuance of that same subtlety in nods regarding her costume.
I have yet to read a post anywhere on here saying they wanted a chest emblem of the Phoenix. I'm not sure why you cannot grasp this.
And she never had her aura either, so we miss out on two visualizations of a phoenix. :csad:
Thats like if Wolfsbane turned into a wolf, she has to have an image of a wolf on her costume. Not that I'm saying Wolfsbane had a costume like that in the comics.
No, it's more like Wolverine having those claw marks on the sides of his costumes, or Iceman having icy looking X's on his costume, or Storm having a cape............waitaminute. :wow::o:whatever:

I don't really care if they have the Phoenix insignia on her costume all I want is the actual aura.

Last edited:
She's the Phoenix.......:dry:

No more cartoonish than a black woman with white hair or blue mutants everywhere...:dry:
Pretty much everyone here would have accepted the continuance of that same subtlety in nods regarding her costume.
I have yet to read a post anywhere on here saying they wanted a chest emblem of the Phoenix. I'm not sure why you cannot grasp this.
And she never had her aura either, so we miss out on two visualizations of a phoenix. :csad:
No, it's more like Wolverine having those claw marks on the sides of his costumes, or Iceman having icy looking X's on his costume, or Storm having a cape............waitaminute. :wow::o:whatever:
Very well said, I agree

rachel_summers_phoenix_by_scarecr0w13-d4fg6js.jpg

There's something very dominatrix about this costume that it would look silly on Famke. I think Fire/Phoenix aura is enough to showcase the Phoenix and as for the clothing, something that is not very costumey should be enough.
if they wanted to give her a dominatrix look they could go with this style....
2cgmnmd.jpg

a3gg40.jpg

The comic book costume is highly symbolic. It's meant to look timeless and elevates her above the ordinary. The boots, gloves, and symbol are iconic now. The gold and the sash reflects status, and it just has the look of developing power on another level. Also, the changing colour symbolizes the Phoenix's current nature. The costume has actually come to mean a lot of things after its debut as well.

It's a "spandex" costume with gold boots, gloves and a sash.

I can see how green and red are somewhat symbolic (and the X3 costume WAS red, with previous ones having green elements), but explain how green or red spandex inherently shows "developing power on another level" beyond the fact that this is what superheroes tend to wear.

The comic book costume is iconic because it is how long Phoenix has been depicted, but it is not "highly symbolic" in itself, other than the fact that there is a symbol of a phoenix on her chest.

Green spandex doesn't really mean much of anything. Nor does red spandex, come to think of it. Nor do gold boots really, beyond "look, it's kinda flashy".

The sash is there for decoration, to help show movement (flight) in the absence of a cape, and to break up the colors. It has little to do with status.

I've always loved this and I think it could have been an option.

gSyHNX5.jpg

If Jean had any characterization whatsoever after she killed Xavier it would have been easier coming up with a better costume idea.

A T-shirt and a leather coat? Not much effort involved.

She already had the leather coat in X2.

Good interview.Famke Is very beautiful and sexy over 40 women.at times hard to believe she will turn 49 In november

It's up to filmmakers and fox if her and other vet of ofiginal trilogy who aren't Hugh jackman
return In future films.

I think the reason why its taking so long for Fox to make an only ot cast film is the budget. We all know they are all willing to comeback but obviously their salary is still a factor.

I think the reason why its taking so long for Fox to make an only ot cast film is the budget. We all know they are all willing to comeback but obviously their salary is still a factor.

Budget/cost was part of the reason that they decided to end the original trilogy with X3. I remember the producers talking about that before X3 even went into production, saying they instead wanted spin-offs and prequels.

I think the real issue is the boxoffice wasnt as big as they expected with such a large cast of stars.
Fox probably saw all the money the other franchises were doing back in the day, and they gave X3 a 200m budget thinking the profits would be big that time around, but after a strong weekend, the final numbers werent on par with other franchises, so they realized the efforts they made werent worthy one more time.

Thankfully, the industry is quite different now, and most comicbook movies are now doing 600-700m, at least, so they could affoard another Ot sequel perfectly.

Also, actors salaries aren't as crazy anymore where it takes up most the production budget.

yeah, I honestly dont think their salaries is a real problem to Fox. Its more that they have another interest right now: the prequels with younger stars.

The budget for X3 probably bloated because all the returning cast members from X1/X2 had to renew their contract and it probably led to salary raise which I imagine is a big raise. Then add up the cost for rushing the film.

I also read an article before, can't remember where I read it, that there were some hard-core negotiations to the OT actors just so they would comeback in DOFP and sign the contract? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it came from Simon Kinberg.

Budget/cost was part of the reason that they decided to end the original trilogy with X3. I remember the producers talking about that before X3 even went into production, saying they instead wanted spin-offs and prequels.

Yeah they said that and of course spin-offs and prequels would equal to less salary raise to returning cast members well except for Hugh Jackman. A X-Men 4 movie would automatically guarantee a bigger budget compare to Origins/First Class/The Wolverine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"