Days of Future Past "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay back on topic!

I totally agree with what you said about Cyclops. I thought he was a little more interesting than WOlverine. I would have liked to see more of him. :(

If you told me in the 90's that pyro would have a better role in the X-Films than Cyclops, I'd have laughed in your face.

But...here we are. Scott's potential was indeed wasted. And had Cyclops had a stronger role, the love triangle and rivalry with Wolverine would've been better to watch.

Yeah, Im sure they definitely will bring some new stuff here. Its still a big budget super hero team movie though. DOFP and Avengers are probably gonna be the two most epic Marvel comic films people will go to and mention for quite some time after its released. Thats a good thing.

I think DOFP could definitely top the Avengers well not in box-office and rating in Rotten Tomatoes. But as a movie, I think it will have depth, more personal connection with the cast and people would really relate to the characters. The Avengers felt safe and 1 note to me.

Yeah, Im sure they definitely will bring some new stuff here. Its still a big budget super hero team movie though. DOFP and Avengers are probably gonna be the two most epic Marvel comic films people will go to and mention for quite some time after its released. Thats a good thing.

I believe the same. Some x-men fans and haters still dont have a clear idea of how big and intense this movie is gonna be.

They have been dissapointed in the past, but this sequel with Bryan back on board will shock many people. And after the release, the excitement with this franchise will be back in full force and even bigger than ever.

We'll get the first round of positive and excited reactions once the teaser trailer arrives.

And once the movie arrives... oh, my friends, the X-men franchise will be in its full glory with praise and excitement everywhere. remark my words

I wasn't disappointed by X_Men,X2,and First Class.

Seriously this Is going to be one of 2014's biggest films.

If you told me in the 90's that pyro would have a better role in the X-Films than Cyclops, I'd have laughed in your face.

Pretty sure that Cyclops still had a better role in the X-Films than Pyro did.

Pretty sure that Cyclops still had a better role in the X-Films than Pyro did.

In X1 he did, not in the trilogy as a whole. He was mute most of X2 and had under 5 min of lines for his 8 min of screen time. Then he was out of X3 before the film started. His role was nothing more then mourning Jean for two films.

Last edited:
In X1 he did, not in the trilogy as a whole. He was mute most of X2 and had under 5 min of lines for his 8 min of screen time. Then he was out of X3 before the film started. His role was nothing more then mourning Jean for two films.

His role at the end of X2 and the beginning of X3 was mourning Jean.

Regardless of the size of his roles in the films...he still had a better role and was overall used better than Pyro was. I much prefer Cyclops's time onscreen in X3 to anything Pyro has in X3. Ditto X2, and certainly X-MEN.

I think DOFP could definitely top the Avengers well not in box-office and rating in Rotten Tomatoes. But as a movie, I think it will have depth, more personal connection with the cast and people would really relate to the characters. The Avengers felt safe and 1 note to me.

DoFP will probably get scrutinised harder than The Avengers, which didn't really pretend to be anything more than a big fun summer blockbuster.

I do hope Singer can pull it off.

I think DoFP will have such a heavy dark theme/tone it won't be as easily scrutinised... I think he'll go all out to make people feel uncomfortable seeing a modern day holocaust.

Yeah have you read the X-Men comic this is based on? I don't mean we'll see naked starved mutants...I just mean we're going to get more than just X3's Danger Room scene extended.

What we should see in the future setting:
Much of NYC in ruins. Mass burial sites (rank upon rank of tombtones). Mutant internment camps no better than the Nazi Ghetto's.

What we should see in the future setting:
Much of NYC in ruins. Mass burial sites (rank upon rank of tombtones). Mutant internment camps no better than the Nazi Ghetto's.
The tombstone idea was good in the comic but I don't see a post apocalyptic future where humans give mutants the time of day to bury their dead properly. Maybe instead of tombstones just a bunch of makeshift burials. Like a field of dirt with lumps for burials. We should be told mutants are forbidden to breed as are humans who carry the mutant gene. I hope every mutant incarcerated has an M tattooed on their face. It needs to be hardcore. We gotta see it as something that is possible in this world if we were frightened and brainwashed enough by fear and paranoia and hatred. Possible aside from, ykno, mutants, time travel and giant robots.

Yeah have you read the X-Men comic this is based on? I don't mean we'll see naked starved mutants...I just mean we're going to get more than just X3's Danger Room scene extended.

thats for sure! lol

this storyarc is clearly the most intense, dark and serious story of all the superhero movies to date.

So if Bryan shows all the ingredients of the comic and some new stuff here and there, we can be sure critics and fans alike will Praise this movie, much more than all the previous movies from the franchise

this storyarc is clearly the most intense, dark and serious story of all the superhero movies to date.

I seem to recall another movie. WATCH...something or other...

A good chance we will see

New York In ruins.

Internment camp for Surviving mutants

I think we will likely see those In future wearing specialied prisoner uniforms or battered
civilian clothings.

I seem to recall another movie. WATCH...something or other...

well, Watchmen was a serious movie, thats for sure, but the plot of that movie wasnt as intense and apocalyptic as this arc with United States controlled by Giant robots and mutants dying day after day, u know? :oldrazz:

Agreed. Pyro's role in the series as a whole was better than Cyclops. Cyclops entire purpose in the original trilogy is be a third point in the love triangle and a foil to Wolverine (clean cut Cyclops vs. rough Wolverine). So, he is essentially just there to add a bit of depth to Wolverine and Jean.

well, Watchmen was a serious movie, thats for sure, but the plot of that movie wasnt as intense and apocalyptic as this arc with United States controlled by Giant robots and mutants dying day after day, u know?

DAYS OF FUTURE PAST isn't really apocalyptic so much. It's not about the end of the world, or an impending world ending doom. Its futuristic more than anything. Yes, the idea of mutants being hunted and put into camps and killed and dying is a serious concept. I'm not denying that. But that's only part of the core concept of DAYS OF FUTURE PAST.

Whereas WATCHMEN is more or less soaked with dark concepts. It dealt with different aspects of the darker side of human nature, period. I can almost guarantee you, WATCHMEN will likely still end up being the more serious movie, and will have dealt with more serious and darker themes overall.

Agreed. Pyro's role in the series as a whole was better than Cyclops. Cyclops entire purpose in the original trilogy is be a third point in the love triangle and a foil to Wolverine (clean cut Cyclops vs. rough Wolverine). So, he is essentially just there to add a bit of depth to Wolverine and Jean

Sigh...

This just isn't true. I really want to have a discussion about it, but I just feel like it'll be a waste of time...

Well... you could just move on and not feel like it's your duty to shut down other people's opinions. It's fair that some people found Pyro better developed. Just like it's fair you find Cyclops better developed. Even if you think they're wrong, it doesn't mean you have to DESTROY them for it.

I made a new manip...I posted it in the manip thread... if you want to see.

Well... you could just move on and not feel like it's your duty to shut down other people's opinions. It's fair that some people found Pyro better developed. Just like it's fair you find Cyclops better developed. Even if you think they're wrong, it doesn't mean you have to DESTROY them for it.

There's having an opinion...and then there's having an opinion that ignores objective evidence to the contrary.

I don't have to DESTROY anyone's opinion. When they present an uninformed or biased one, they do it to themselves.

Hoping for Scott and Jean's return, and betting we'll see a fully assembled X-Men group money-shot, in an "altered" timeline at the close of the film.

As much as I'd love to see Cyclop's up and kicking ash within the film itself, I think it may be a bit too much to tackle his return with the already complicated plot. I'd be happy enough if DoFP ends with the prospect of a real Cyclops appearance later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"