Ronald D. Moore to Adapt Outlander series for TV

Well when you are in the moment, you probably don't think that far ahead.

Also, she's falling in love with Jamie and she now realizes how big of a monster Randall is but yeah she doesn't seem to care much for changing the past now. :funny: Can't blame her though.

I forgot to mention that I like the change in POVs. It threw me off for a bit but I think it's a nice change. Anyway, I just watched the previews and the young girl (can't remember her name) who has a crush on Jamie seems to be all vindictive and manipulative now. I didn't get that vibe in the first half of the season.

Well that crushing girl did ask Claire about a love potion back then. And now that he's shown up all married and such, she ain't none too happy. And then they found that weird omen thing under their bed that Jamie seemed to think was from crush gal.

That character in the book goes from school girl with a crush to crazy jealous pretty fast. Mostly because the book is from Claire's perspective. Claire also underestimates the girl's jealousy to her own misfortune.

This episode was a big one, was not ready for that revelation or for the truth to come out!

^ Your avy! SMG! :hrt:

I've never read the books but I heard about the spoiler about Geillis' character. Did she die this soon in the books too? I thought she was going to be a major character. Wasn't her kid with Duncan also a character in the book?

^ Your avy! SMG! :hrt:

I've never read the books but I heard about the spoiler about Geillis' character. Did she die this soon in the books too? I thought she was going to be a major character. Wasn't her kid with Duncan also a character in the book?

Yeah she and the unborn child of her and Dougal McKanzie are burned at the stake in the first book. When I read the book I was also shocked by her death. I thought they would both get away then she threw herself under the bus to save Claire. In hindsight it makes sense. She's pretty much a plot device used to tell Claire and the audience that other women from various time periods have been pulled through time by those stones, but Diana Gabaldon couldn't leave her alive without unbalancing the whole story. The story is at this point at least about Jaime and Claire and he needs to be the one who knows her secret. Claire having a woman friend who had been through exactly what she had been through would have thrown things off.

Besides Jaime and Claire won't be returning to Castle Leoch for a very long time maybe never if they stick to the books. So 90% of the characters connected to Castle Leoch and the surrounding town won't be returning after this episode. This is one of the great things about these books. Claire and Jamie's story lasts many years and takes them to various countries. It should keep viewers from getting bored with any one location or character.

Last edited:
Aw man, I was really bummed about Geillis's fate. Not necessarily the fact that she died (though that was awful), so much as the fact that she died IMMEDIATELY after Claire (and we) learned the truth. I mean, I just wanted them to at least get 5 minutes of conversation bonding over shared experiences and Claire learning about the '60's, lol. Was that so much to ask?!

Last edited:
Aw man, I was really bummed about Geillis's fate. Not necessarily the fact that she died (though that was awful), so much as that fact that she died IMMEDIATELY after Claire (and we) learned the truth. I mean, I just wanted them to at least get 5 minutes of conversation bonding over shared experiences and Claire learning about the '60's, lol. Was that so much to ask?!

Oh don't worry
Claire will get an opportunity to learn about the 60s.
;)

440.gif

Yeah she and the unborn child of her and Dougal McKanzie are burned at the stake in the first book. When I read the book I was also shocked by her death. I thought they would both get away then she threw herself under the bus to save Claire. In hindsight it makes sense. She's pretty much a plot device used to tell Claire and the audience that other women from various time periods have been pulled through time by those stones, but Diana Gabaldon couldn't leave her alive without unbalancing the whole story. The story is at this point at least about Jaime and Claire and he needs to be the one who knows her secret. Claire having a woman friend who had been through exactly what she had been through would have thrown things off.

Besides Jaime and Claire won't be returning to Castle Leoch for a very long time maybe never if they stick to the books. So 90% of the characters connected to Castle Leoch and the surrounding town won't be returning after this episode. This is one of the great things about these books. Claire and Jamie's story lasts many years and takes them to various countries. It should keep viewers from getting bored with any one location or character.

Ahhh... Thanks for the info. :up: I don't know why I thought she (or her child) was going to be a major player. :funny: I really liked her character (and the actress - loved her in The Borgias) so that's disappointing. I'm kind of bummed too that we're leaving Castle Leoch because I'm invested in the characters already but I'm up for wherever they're headed. :yay:

I'm excited for next week's episode. Claire and Jenny to the rescue! :awesome:

Claire was cute singing the boogie woogie bugle boy.:D

Murtagh's dancing on the other hand.:funny:

I was a little shocked when I saw whatshername grabbing her boob and milking herself. Wasn't expecting that.

I'm guessing that's the last we see of Jenny and Ian? Too bad if so because I love them. :hrt: The part where Claire was giving Jenny instructions on what to do was really sad. I'm sure it sucks meeting and loving these and knowing the doom ahead of them.

The whole second part was so cute with the Claire/Murtagh show.

I'm guessing that's the last we see of Jenny and Ian? Too bad if so because I love them. :hrt: The part where Claire was giving Jenny instructions on what to do was really sad. I'm sure it sucks meeting and loving these and knowing the doom ahead of them.

The whole second part was so cute with the Claire/Murtagh show.

If they stick to the books we'll see Jenny and Ian again. Might be late next season or season 3, but they'll be back.

I just realised this was back on and i'm up to the ep where Jaime returns home and re-uintes with his pregnant sister Jenny.

I'm wondering, if Jack Randall is killed, does Claire's husband in the future cease to exist? In other words, since Claire has knowledge of future events, does she now have the power to change history, or are things playing out exactly as they would have regardless of her being there, and that the past that her and her husband were discussing in the first ep of season 1,had already been tainted by her time travel experience?

I just curious what sort of time logic the books/show are using….

I'm all caught up, and man they sure as hell don't shy away from the torture/sadism in the show.'Wentworth Prison' has got to be some on the most intense / sickest scenes i'v seen on television..i wanted it to end…and then it didn't. I thought the hammer was bad…but the hammer with the nail…jeez!:(

Last edited:
Last night's episode was brutal. Some of the scenes made me want to puke. Well done show!

Well this made episode seem mild. I want to this, I'll continue to watch but they almost lost. That was the most disgustingly vile hour of TV I've ever watched.

I think they went too over the top. I doubt I'll ever watch the blackjack actor in anything he ever does again. I know there's a bunch more books for source material, hope nothing else approaches this.
I thought I hated Ramsey Snow.

It was nice the accepting of Claire's confession by the priest. His reaction was priceless. I thought he'd be incredulous.

Well this made episode seem mild. I want to this, I'll continue to watch but they almost lost. That was the most disgustingly vile hour of TV I've ever watched.

I think they went too over the top. I doubt I'll ever watch the blackjack actor in anything he ever does again. I know there's a bunch more books for source material, hope nothing else approaches this.
I thought I hated Ramsey Snow.

It was nice the accepting of Claire's confession by the priest. His reaction was priceless. I thought he'd be incredulous.

That's silly.

All I know is Tobias Menzies portrayed the most heinous scene of abuse I've ever seen on TV. If they let us know it happened would be one thing. They milked it. Saying his image strikes me deep down , I don't think it's silly.

I suppose it's like typecasting. George Reeves may have killed himself because the public only saw Superman. Tobias gave a strong performance, right now I think he'll always be Blackjack Randall.

I'm very hesitant to watch this last ep. I think i may have to line up a few eps of 'Brooklyn 99' to air right after, just to take the edge off after i watch it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"