Guardians of the Galaxy Ronan and The Kree?

I think a Ronan solo movie could work but the only problem is he doesnt really have a set villain. He either has fought good guys in the past or fights cosmic threats as part of a group or army. Maybe he visits earth and upsets a few heroes, who knows at this point.

I wouldnt mind them re-creating his and Gamoras fight from Annihilation in this movie though.

The Annihilation Ronan mini was so fun to read I think it'd be cool if when we're first introduced to Gamora she's on Godthab with the Graces.

That would be amazing, and with Korath now involved, very possible.

Man I cant wait to see Ronan, love that character, just hope he is more like the 616 version than the ultimate one. I dont mind him being a lackey of Thanos through Thanos using manipulation and deceit, but I hope thats as far as their relationship goes.

I'd like to see the Kree Sentry appear, whether it is in Guardians or in a hopefully future MCU Fantastic Four movie. If in GotG, he could just have a cameo appearance like the Destroyer in Thor.

I think if Ronan gets his own movie then we will see a Kree Sentry, I doubt it'll happen in this movie though, there is already so much going on.

If Marvel made a Ronan the Accuser movie before Black Panther, Inhumans, Nova, Captain Marvel, etc, I'd be seriously pretty pissed off

LOL I wouldn't. It seems AVEITWITHJAMON is the only one who loves Ronan as much as me.

I wonder if they can refer to the Kree by name? I remember Feige saying one of the reasons the chose the name Chitauri in Avengers was because they couldn't use the name Skrulls, but right before that said there was a little bit of the Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch situation with them as well. Maybe the stipulation with the Skrulls, and what I'm thinking is the Kree as well, is that they can use certain Skrull and Kree characters but they can't actually refer to their race as being Skrull or Kree? I just find it weird we haven't heard anyone at Marvel or anything out of the movie referring to the Kree. Pace called Ronan a Kree, but he may have just been referring to the comics.

They'll refer to them as Kree I'm almost positive, if not its a huge bummer

I wonder how deep into Kree lore the MCU will delve into. Will there be any mention of the Supreme Intelligence? I reeeeeeealy would love to see Mar-Vell in some form at some point and not just in an Abin Sur to Danvers kind of way.

I wonder if they can refer to the Kree by name? I remember Feige saying one of the reasons the chose the name Chitauri in Avengers was because they couldn't use the name Skrulls, but right before that said there was a little bit of the Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch situation with them as well. Maybe the stipulation with the Skrulls, and what I'm thinking is the Kree as well, is that they can use certain Skrull and Kree characters but they can't actually refer to their race as being Skrull or Kree? I just find it weird we haven't heard anyone at Marvel or anything out of the movie referring to the Kree. Pace called Ronan a Kree, but he may have just been referring to the comics.

well, the rights to Fantastic Four are most likely reverting back, and Marvel probably knows this.

Confirmation Ronan is Thanos's admiral (along with Nebula being an "employee" of Thanos).

so if ronan is with thanos, i wonder what this means for the kree empire. it would be good if ronan was only being controlled so later he could break free.

so if ronan is with thanos, i wonder what this means for the kree empire. it would be good if ronan was only being controlled so later he could break free.

Maybe Thanos conquered the Kree. Or he's Kree himself, albeit a Deviant. I noticed there's a lot of blue skin working for Thanos (Nebula and Ronan confirmed; Korath almost certainly by extension; and Yondu by supposition). Maybe he's the Kree Emperor.

Ronan is working undecover for the Kree, posing as a disillusioned follower of the Empire that defected to Thanos.

Maybe Thanos conquered the Kree. Or he's Kree himself, albeit a Deviant. I noticed there's a lot of blue skin working for Thanos (Nebula and Ronan confirmed; Korath almost certainly by extension; and Yondu by supposition). Maybe he's the Kree Emperor.
They are not going to mess with the species of the Mad Titan.

I wouldn't dig it but won't say they aren't going to do it.

it wouldn't be hard to convince ronan that aiding thanos would help the kree. so rather than conquering the kree maybe he just presented them with a greater way to conquer the universe and expand their empire, or destroy the skrulls once and for all.

Neither Ronan or Korath are confirmed to be blue. If anything it seems like Korath isn't blue in the SDCC trailer.

Like I keep saying, I don't think they're Kree, I'm feeling more and more confident about that. So my expectations are set accordingly. Rather than Thanos taking over the Kree or the Kree working for him or him being a Kree or whatever, it's far more likely Ronan is just a part of Thanos' empire if not his son.

You don't get to be someone's right hand and carrying out their most personal missions...you don't get to be someone's admiral by them taking your country or you working for them...if he was just cooperating with him in representation of the Kree he would be an "employee" like Nebula, a hired hand, not an admiral. If the Kree were subjugated by Thanos he would not be an Admiral. Him being Thanos' admiral suggests a long history that garners intimate trust.

Last edited:
They are not going to mess with the species of the Mad Titan.

I'd prefer they didn't, either, but I wouldn't bet on them going straight-up comic-book on this one and introducing a whole buttload of extraneous characters like Thanos' extended family, or trying to explain the Eternals and Deviants. I wouldn't even bet on Eros/Starfox showing up someday.

Neither Ronan or Korath are confirmed to be blue. If anything it seems like Korath isn't blue in the SDCC trailer.

Like I keep saying, I don't think they're Kree, I'm feeling more and more confident about that. So my expectations are set accordingly. Rather than Thanos taking over the Kree or the Kree working for him or him being a Kree or whatever, it's far more likely Ronan is just a part of Thanos' empire if not his son.

You don't get to be someone's right hand and carrying out their most personal missions...you don't get to be someone's admiral by them taking your country or you working for them...if he was just cooperating with him in representation of the Kree he would be an "employee" like Nebula, a hired hand, not an admiral. If the Kree were subjugated by Thanos he would not be an Admiral. Him being Thanos' admiral suggests a long history that garners intimate trust.

Yeah, I'd be willing to bet they're definitely borrowing from the Ultimate Ronan, and he *is* Thanos' son; but that would make them racially/genetically cut from the same cloth, and that's why I'm leaning towards them both being Kree, as one of those 616-Ultimate blends that the MCU is famous for.

I'd love to see the Kree but I just have a feeling it's not happening. I really feel like we're going to wind up finding out only Fox can use the name Kree/Skrulls while Marvel can use the characters. Ugh.

I don't think Thanos will be Kree either way though. I think he'll be emperor of the Endless Resurgence/Acheron Empire like in the Ultimate Comics (with a much more MCU aesthetic to his design and motives though).

I find what they're doing with Ronan/Thanos very interesting though. Ronan is basically playing the role of Vadar here while Thanos is Palpatine...although it's in a way that's much more epic because Thanos is really threading through an entire universe and they're not undercutting him the as the main conflict/threat of the story.

Last edited:
LOL I wouldn't. It seems AVEITWITHJAMON is the only one who loves Ronan as much as me.

I fell in love with all of the cosmic characters when I read Annihilation for the first time, but yeah, Ronan is one of my favourites.

Confirmation Ronan is Thanos's admiral (along with Nebula being an "employee" of Thanos).

Hhhmm, this worries me a bit, I just hope Ronan is still Kree and isnt Thanos's son. Though the fact that they are still calling him the Accuser means he must be somewhat faithful to the 616 version.

If Marvel made a Ronan the Accuser movie before Black Panther, Inhumans, Nova, Captain Marvel, etc, I'd be seriously pretty pissed off

wonder if it is implying that maybe, in a guardians sequel, somehow Ronan would be the lead?

I'm pretty sure he was called the Accuser in the Ultimate comics as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"