Guardians of the Galaxy Ronan and The Kree?

That's disappointing, having a female main villain would be much more interesting and different. Maybe their co-lead villains.

gotg_3_20130812_1268494532.jpg

Hmm. Looks like a Kree there to me.

^Yep, and if Kree are in the movie, i'm pretty sure Ronan will be Kree as well.

Interesting. I know Kree in comics are pretty much just blue humans but I do hope they modify the look a little bit. Personally, I'd like them to look a bit more "alien".

Yeah, Ronan can take on The Thing and beat him in the comics (though a lot of that is due to his hammer) but he aint in Thor's league, Thor would beat him every time in the comics.

I am interested how powerful they make Ronan, if he is a main bad guy, he will need to be able to take on the Guardians and in their own right Drax, Gamora and Groot are all pretty powerful.

I'm actually not so sure. IIRC, Ronan has given the Silver Surfer a hard fight a couple times. That sounds like enough power to at least compete with Thor.

^Really? I would have thought SS would be able to deal with Ronan quite easily, unless SS was holding back, which he does do.

For me, SS is more powerful than Thor and I think both would wipe the floor with Ronan in a proper fight.

In The Annihilators, Ikon even pointed out that Ronan was the weakest of the group by some way, and this was a group that included SS, Beta Ray Bill, Quasar and Gladiator. There may have been one more I cant currently think of as well.

Being blue =/= being Kree guys.

For instance, both Nebula and Yondu are blue and not Kree. Among other characters not in the movie like Andromeda.

Being blue =/= being Kree guys.

For instance, both Nebula and Yondu are blue and not Kree. Among other characters not in the movie like Andromeda.
There's more to Yondu then just being blue. He also has a gigantic crest, which differentiates him from the Kree. You may as well say that Gamora and the Skrulls are the same because they're both green, even though the Skrulls have multiple chins, pointy ears, can shapechange, and have numerous other differences from the Zen-Whoberis.

As for Nebula, she's one of the rare exceptions of blue-skinned human looking aliens in the Marvel Universe who ISN'T Kree. And look at the pictures. There're SEVERAL of those blue-skinned human-like aliens running around, it's not just that one guy. So if they're not Kree, then they're certainly doing a good approximation of the Kree, as there're a lot of them.

as much as I'd like for them to be Kree, we don't know it for sure yet

when we see ronan we might. he is a blue kree.

For some reason you seem against the Kree being in this movie.

Eh, I think he just feels confident about that fact that they won't be in it, and is making it clear that he was the one who was "right"

which is okay, I do it from time to time as well lol

we haven't seen an official photo of him yet
He was in the SDCC trailer and he's not blue, nor anything similar to his look from the comics. People who were there told me he looks regular with markings on his face, and TheVileOne further confirmed that on this board.

For some reason you seem against the Kree being in this movie.
I'm not against Kree being in this movie. I would prefer it. But I'm not about to hope myself into believing they will be in it when there has been no indication that they are...besides "blue characters" in set photos and Pace referring to Ronan as a Kree when talking about his history from the comics. Otherwise everything points against them being in it.

Eh, I think he just feels confident about that fact that they won't be in it, and is making it clear that he was the one who was "right"

which is okay, I do it from time to time as well lol
Pretty much, although I don't mean to make it clear that I'm right just inform people on the standing of things. A lot of people...most people are hopping to the conclusion the Kree are in this movie because Ronan and Korath are in it and there are blue people in set photos...that is not the case.

this is the internet, no one rushes to tell you you're right. they only rush to tell you you're wrong. so just have fun speculating.

Mr. Dent has a point about the footage not showing Korath as a blue skinned Kree. But there is also a reason that they said this footage wasn't meant for the internet. Some scenes may not be completed or finished. I mean, isn't Ronan huge in comparison to "normal" sized characters. I'm sure some post production CG will be done if they go that route with his character. Lee Pace isn't exactly an intimidating guy on his own.

I'm pretty sure I saw a glimpse of Ronan in the leaked footage if it was him his silhouette looked great. :D

Like what exactly?
Korath not being blue. Ronan (and Korath by extension and Hounsou's own admission) being a part of Thanos's army, and his admiral at that. The fact we know Marvel has copyright issues with the Skrulls and one of those possibly being them not being able to call them Skrulls, it could be the same situation with the Kree.

So there's really nothing to suggest that they're Kree while there are several that suggest they aren't. Everyone is jumping the gun by saying just because they're in the movie means that Marvel are definitely using Kree.

Mr. Dent has a point about the footage not showing Korath as a blue skinned Kree. But there is also a reason that they said this footage wasn't meant for the internet. Some scenes may not be completed or finished. I mean, isn't Ronan huge in comparison to "normal" sized characters. I'm sure some post production CG will be done if they go that route with his character. Lee Pace isn't exactly an intimidating guy on his own.
There's no reason for Hounsou not to have been blue considering they did all the other make-up on him. Not to mention Kree don't have ridges on their face anyway.

I'm pretty sure I saw a glimpse of Ronan in the leaked footage if it was him his silhouette looked great. :D
If you're talking about the guy walking out the ship, I don't think that's Ronan. It's not possible since Pace hadn't begun shooting at the time the comic-con clip was shown.

was nebula in it? A blue faced female, with one eye like, purple was in it for a second, she was bald. Think it may have been her

cool. She looked good. Kind of reminded me of Avatar.

I asked James Gunn on formspring if Ronan would be Kree, his response was "As Lee Pace said at SDCC, Ronan is 'a very complicated Kree.'"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"