Guardians of the Galaxy Ronan and The Kree?

Cooool, so glad to have my fears put to rest. It's awesome Gunn answers questions like that on Formspring. They must be planning on really changing the Kree though, since Korath isn't a pink or blue Kree and obviously them working for Thanos is weird.

I asked James Gunn on formspring if Ronan would be Kree, his response was "As Lee Pace said at SDCC, Ronan is 'a very complicated Kree.'"

Awesome :woot: isn't Formspring ask.fm now? Or is that just a UK thing..?

Its good to have Ronan confirmed as a Kree, as a fan of the character its pretty essential to him. I hope the Accuser title has the same meaning as in the comics as well.

I wonder if they're going to redesign Ronan to look more like a regular foot soldier Kree i.e. slimmer and less burly? Obviously, Pace doesn't have the same physique as Ronan. Unless they plan on mocapping him.

they will probably give ronan armor or mix armor with robes.

I don't doubt them giving him armor but I think he'll be closer to a slim, foot soldier Kree than his comic form. Basically, I think he'll look more like this:

genis-vell-kree.jpg

than this

815873-10232_accuser.jpg

Cooool, so glad to have my fears put to rest. It's awesome Gunn answers questions like that on Formspring. They must be planning on really changing the Kree though, since Korath isn't a pink or blue Kree and obviously them working for Thanos is weird.

Goes back with my whole, Thanos deceiving the galaxy thing. Some people think that Ronan is Thanos son? I think that may be the vibe, Nebula, Gamora, Ronan, a part of some "Royal Family"? Or something like that, giving atleast Ronan a reason to work for his "dad". At the end, he finds out he's not his father, which would explain how he "turns good" at the end of the movie or something.

That was said at some point, right? That Lee Pace's character will turn good at the end? I feel like that slips under the radar. If he turns good at the end, maybe for a final battle, does that mean we will see Thanos in action for a battle?

Maybe Korvac? Wasn't there speculation that Lovibond was playing Carina?
What was the reasoning for that speculation? Was it valid?

That'd be a cool little twist, of Korvac somehow shows up.

It'd probably be Thanos though, if there is a final battle and Ronan is on the "good side"

I don't doubt them giving him armor but I think he'll be closer to a slim, foot soldier Kree than his comic form. Basically, I think he'll look more like this:

genis-vell-kree.jpg

than this

815873-10232_accuser.jpg

or he could simply be a slimmer version of the second photo.

Ronan looks different than the rest of the Kree, cause of his armor, in my opinion. The hood is necessary in my eyes. That first picture you posted, would not fly with me, good sir

I didn't mean the clothes, I meant in terms of his physique. I don't think he will wear anything that looks like either one of the clothes in those pictures in the movie.

Is Ronan really THAT bulky though? I never thought he was built like Thanos, sorta thought the armor is what gives him his bulk.

Yeah he's really that big

ronan2.jpg

Also, in regards to the first part of your post, I think when Ronan turns good Yondu will take over the main villain reigns for the remainder of the movie, which I'm basing off of trying to make sense of Hitflix's article where they say Yondu is the main villain of the film, while Pace's character is a villain who turns good. I'm thinking Marvel will fake us out, having Ronan be the villain for most of the film and then have Yondu follow it through when Ronan turns good. Considering Yondu is a sort of mentor to Star-Lord, it makes it personal. And of course, Thanos will have a big role in why Yondu turns "to the dark side".

Maybe. Yondu though? I don't know. That feels...anticlimactic to me? Ronan is bad, cause of Thanos. He finally turns good, then Star-lord's mentor, becomes the villain at the end, because of once again, Thanos. Don't know man, that sounds a bit stale to me. It's like..."of course". Given the overall vibe this movie seems to be giving off, I don't think it will be that, simple/expected. Hence why I am really trying to think outside the box

As for the Ronan picture you posted, yeah, he is big, but that studly shirtless picture, he isn't THAT bulky, not as big as the previous picture you posted, with the armor. If anything, he seems more ripped, that's a look I think any "in shape" actor could pull off in terms of muscle mass. Honestly, I am a sentimental person, if that's the right word. Almost every character, there is one thing I associate most with their physical appearance....Thor's Helmet, Thanos' shoulder harness thing, Genis' starry blue skin, Ronan's hood...

I don't care what Ronan's outfit looks like, as long as it resembles SOME sort of armor, with that hood, I'll be happy with it. :up: I am really looking forward to some set pictures of Ronan. We haven't gotten too much set photos compared to the other movies, this stage into filming, have we?

Well Yondu could be a not so good guy that mentors a green Peter Quill and then Peter later realizes...hey this guy is actually kind of a d**k

I think when Ronan turns good Yondu will take over the main villain reigns for the remainder of the movie

Interesting idea... Maybe by the end of the movie, the Guardians decide that McGuffin X is too powerful, and they plan to turn it over to the Collector for safekeeping. But surprise! Yondu (who we may not even have seen since his mentoring of Quill in the beginning of the film), reappears because he wants the McGuffin too, and hadn't expected Quill to give it away.

If they want to do the larger Ronan look, then they could simply use mo-cap like they did with Mark Ruffalo.

Or armor. Thanos looks pretty big, based on his concept art, his armor makes him decently bulky, they could do the same for Ronan

^There are plenty of ways they could do it, and I hope they do keep him bulky, and as someone else said, we gotta have the hood as well.

Considering how spot on the other weapons we have seen look also, I cant wait to see Ronan's hammer.

They might portray it in a slightly different way than a hammer to avoid Thor comparisons. It's one of the reasons I think they took away Yondu's bow and arrow, because Hawkeye already has that covered in the MCU.

Yeah, but I mean, I think they should leave it. It's not like fill the slots, ya know? I think finding a distant alien who is also a good archer etc, with a hammer, is cool. Especially since its a movie that takes place in a different galaxy. (was confirmed by fiege)

I wouldn't mind them portraying it as a staff or double ended lightning rod like Ultimate Ronan.

Yeah, but I mean, I think they should leave it. It's not like fill the slots, ya know? I think finding a distant alien who is also a good archer etc, with a hammer, is cool. Especially since its a movie that takes place in a different galaxy. (was confirmed by fiege)
Why are the Guardians of the Galaxy in a different galaxy? Also, when was this confirmed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"