Daredevil Rosario Dawson Joins the Cast as Night Nurse

Claire Temple character also ties in with Luke Cage there other Netflix show so they can bring the character back for that show.

Linda Carter they could introduce in the Doctor Strange movie if they want.

Rosario Dawson not only in all the Netflix shows but also in Doctor Strange would be too good to be true.

I've never heard of the character.My fear is that it'll be another "Fish Mooney" role,where you have a name actor in a character no one really cares about, eating up screentime that could be better used elsewhere.

There goes all my hope for Echo in Season 1...

And who even cares about Night Nurse?

So, who should play Elektra or Echo now?

My hope is for Elektra to be played by Genesis Rodriguez and Echo to be Michelle Rodriguez.

And just to round out the cast, Tricia Helfer as Typhoid and I'm drawing blanks on Gladiator and Mister Fear but I'd put them both in this.

So, who should play Elektra or Echo now?

My hope is for Elektra to be played by Genesis Rodriguez and Echo to be Michelle Rodriguez.

And just to round out the cast, Tricia Helfer as Typhoid and I'm drawing blanks on Gladiator and Mister Fear but I'd put them both in this.

These are all questions for the general discussion not the Night Nurse thread.

Yeah, a different thread would be better. But I'm extremely skeptical of Echo this season (she's a great character, but she should at least be post Born Again given the Fisk connection).

Yeah, a different thread would be better. But I'm extremely skeptical of Echo this season (she's a great character, but she should at least be post Born Again given the Fisk connection).

Well this is the MCU they may not follow the comic exactly.

So is this going to be her theme song?
[YT]FrkEDe6Ljqs[/YT]

:awesome:

Well this is the MCU they may not follow the comic exactly.

Yeah, but it's a good connection and they already have a lot to squeeze into 13 episodes.

I'm fine with Typhoid Mary not needing Kingpin to know who Matt is. But Echo is different. Maya's story is strongly connected to the fact that she was raised by the Kingpin and then used as a weapon against Daredevil. The whole idea is Kingpin wanted Matt to fall for her and then break his heart. If she just happened to meet Matt and fight Daredevil, it would be a huge coincidence and kinda suspension of disbelief breaking.

Don't get me wrong, she's a good character. But good things come to those who wait and they've got so many other story lines they can do as well. You want Echo, I'd like Typhoid, we both probably want Elektra, but who knows if this season. I want Melvin Potter/Gladiator. The Hand should show up. Even Bullseye is an unknown right now. Before Frank Miller, Daredevil wasn't known for a strong Rogue's Gallery. Since then, there's no way they can get we want in 13 episodes.

Before Frank Miller, Daredevil wasn't known for a strong Rogue's Gallery. Since then, there's no way they can get we want in 13 episodes.

Stilt man, leap frog and masked matador would like a word with you :cwink:

Of course, I'm quoting Frank Miller when I say that it wasn't very good. People love his take on Stilt Man, but I'm not sure he liked the guy that much (particularly the way he treated the character). I feel Masked Matador was someone that even Marvel thought sucked so much that they killed him off and never brought him back. Others have been attempted to be redeemed. There's an issue with the Jester by Denny O'Neil that's absolutely brilliant.

The only ones Miller really gave serious treatment to were Bullseye and Gladiator. He did suggest that he wanted to do a story with Copperhead but never got around to it.

But I don't think there are really any bad characters, just badly written ones. Even the Owl has been handled great by some people since the zaniness of the silver age.

Oh I was just joking lol. Only a few of his early rogues can and should be salvaged

I don't really want to see Elektra before Bullseye

Just saying, Elektra could be like her own season basically.

Even with 13 episodes, it's a lot going on. I want strict focus on establishing Daredevil, Kingpin, plus training with Stick, etc.

Plus we also have Karen Page already.

I would really like Bullseye as an adversary, but you don't necessarily need an Elektra story right off the bat.

That aside, I'm not sure what the model will be here. We know the characters come together in Defenders, but what about after that?

Of course, I'm quoting Frank Miller when I say that it wasn't very good. People love his take on Stilt Man, but I'm not sure he liked the guy that much (particularly the way he treated the character). I feel Masked Matador was someone that even Marvel thought sucked so much that they killed him off and never brought him back. Others have been attempted to be redeemed. There's an issue with the Jester by Denny O'Neil that's absolutely brilliant.

The only ones Miller really gave serious treatment to were Bullseye and Gladiator. He did suggest that he wanted to do a story with Copperhead but never got around to it.

But I don't think there are really any bad characters, just badly written ones. Even the Owl has been handled great by some people since the zaniness of the silver age.

Maybe, but it be hard for Stilt-Man be relevant in this day and age. Stilt-Man seems like he should have been a one shot villain, not a reoccuring one.

I think a few Silver Age DD villains have managed to remain relevant in the modern age: Owl, Mr. Fear, Purple Man, Mr. Hyde (though he started as a Thor foe) and of course Gladiator.

I think if you combined the better Silver Age villains, with some of the better villains Nocenti created and of course the villains Miller revamped during his run, DD would have a decent rogues gallery.

Well, that's what they do. Daredevil's rogue's gallery is much stronger than what it was before Miller. And that has a lot to do with them not using the lame ones except in acknowledging that they are lame. But every so often, you can pull off a story that works if you handle it carefully. Bendis's treatment of Leap Frog (essentially offscreen) works well because of his lameness.

Temple and Cage
2zo8y1i.jpg

She looks almost indistinguishable from Misty Knight in those pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"