Logan Rotten or Fresh? The Rotten Tomatoes Thread for Logan! Snikt!

It was pretty obvious to me that this was gonna be the highest rated Wolverine movie.
Well yeah... but this franchise as in higher than Deadpool and all X-Men movies obviously.

Yeah, I remember going from not really caring about this movie to being extremely interested when that first trailer hit.

It was a fantastic trailer.
Yeah I think the movie will owe a lot of its success to that trailer.

Back up to 94% and average rating of 8. Getting closer to that 200 mark as well.

Itcwill end with prob 340 reviews or so. So still a ways to go.

Of course Armond White gave it a rotten review.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/445444/oscars-awards-fiasco-crybullies-revenge

Not much to say about Logan, the latest in Marvel Comics’ X-Men franchise, this one pushing Wolverine/Logan (Hugh Jackman) toward retirement. It’s really just another exercise in violence featuring Logan’s adamantium claws — a trait shared with teenage Laura (Dafne Keen) in overblown action scenes that recall the sickeningly sadistic kiddie assassin movie Kick-Ass. Mel Gibson’s Blood Father handled a similar father-daughter plot better, but this penchant for on-screen violence is part of contemporary culture’s ugliness.

Haha Armond White used to drive me crazy but now I can't help but love him. Now whenever a movie is on a roll on Rotten tomatoes, my mouth salivates in anticipation for when he posts that negative review to make the masses lose their mind. Get Out was looking beautiful at 100% and this man let that rating sit a good 2 weeks. He even let opening weekend pass by. And as sure as the sun rises and sets, he pops that one negative review to drop it to 99% and to remind people he isn't going away. That's art. He's the needed chaos that balances society when there's too much order.

Wow this sits at 94 right alongside Iron Man and The Dark Knight.

This is the most impressive tomatometer for a movie in this world so far.

It's doing a lot better in RT than several Best Picture nominees from this year. That's pretty damn wild for a Wolverine film.

Logan's score and review count: 94% fresh with 202/216 fresh reviews and a score of 7.9/10.

It's doing a lot better in RT than several Best Picture nominees from this year. That's pretty damn wild for a Wolverine film.

Who would have thought we would get here after Origins, 8 years ago!!?? :cwink:

It truly is a special film in its own right...It does deserve nominations for awards and really Hugh Jackman should be nominated for a oscar here

Not only this movie, but Deadpool as well.

Yeah I was thinking that while watching Logan again last night how great it is that within the space of 12 months both characters have come full circle to be redeemed and have solo movies that will be loved for a long time now. Its also great for Reynolds and especially Jackman, just a shame one is finished now but at least he went out on top.

Few more rottens were just added. Back to 93. Will be tough to hit 95. So I'm thinking it ends on 94.

HOPE it ends on 94. Tie with TDK and Iron Man? Good enough for me, despite whatever the average score is.

It truly is a special film in its own right...It does deserve nominations for awards and really Hugh Jackman should be nominated for a oscar here

Hugh Jackman AND Patrick Stewart deserve nominations.

They acted their asses off in this movie, and it truly shows. Amazing performances.

Just saw it...loved it, it's everything I wanted from a Wolverine movie...just too bad it's the last one :(

Does anyone know how many fresh reviews Logan needs to get back up to 93%?

Peter Travers super positive review for Logan was never posted on RT. Wonder why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"