Shazam Rotten Tomatoes/Critics reaction thread

Oh I care about DC films, I joined the Hype as primarily a DC fan, but for me, since Nolan wrapped up, it has been very dark times. I think my comments regarding Snyder's "vision" were rather measured, given Snyder's recent arrogant, tirade where he basically calls anyone who disagree with his interpretation idiots. This is a brand new statement from him, he brings this on himself.

Zack Snyder's Profane Tirade on Why His Batman Kills - IGN
I don't want to derail this thread too, but after read the transcript of his panel (and not 2 minute excerpt), I don't think it's that bad. And, no, he's not telling people that they're idiot for not agreeing with his 'vision'.
He's talking about Watchmen in Watchmen panel (not BvS like some articles said) and about how it influenced him on things and use Batman as his example. A rather poor example, but he's not trying to make his Batman as the ideal Batman or the only way.
I do think the way he said it quite harsh, but I also think he's tired about all of attacks that he and his family had gotten for years and lashes out.

- - - - -

I hope that Shazam! will be even more successful and if people who didn't like some of past DC movies liking it, that's a great news.

Anyway,
92%
Reviews Count: 77
Fresh: 71
Rotten: 6

Anyway,
92%
Reviews Count: 77
Fresh: 71
Re Snyder, before we going too far off topic, I don't see how he deserves being called arrogance and a *****e. Even if he feels like one, the setting of the talk is between his fans and the people that like him very much, so he could be over excited.

However, after 3 years of taking sh!t from everyone who hates him so much and talks about him like he killed their dogs, it's about time he had a little retribution verbally (it is not even that harsh how he said it).

92%
Reviews Count: 78
Fresh: 72

Two more for Certified Fresh stamp.

I hope this helps to dispel this ridiculous notion that critics have it in for DC. hearing that being said as a hardcore DC fan myself, always made me cringe w/embarrassment as it's just too ridiculous for words.

Critics of course are people -so to some extent, sure, it's possible that after 10 years people in general are a bit "marvelized" so to speak, but that's more of a zeitgeist cultural phenomenon thing happening it's not deliberate or personal- that can be happening and people and critics are still able to recognize good story telling from different points of views despite the belief from some of the vocal supporters of DC lower ranked critical bombs that this false narrative that critics and fans can only appreciate movies in the Marvel "mold".

The love of Aquaman and the recent critic uptick of RTs scores, combined with the critic praise of DC's Titans is showing their plenty of love going around if it' resonates. Shazam and Wonder Woman are leading the charge and it's exciting!!!

The love of Aquaman and the recent critic uptick of RTs scores, combined with the critic praise of DC's Doom Patrol is showing their plenty of love going around if it' resonates. Shazam and Wonder Woman are leading the charge and it's exciting!!!
Fixed

It would be nice if Zack wasn’t mentioned ever again going forward. From supporters and non supporters alike.

When that happens we've officially made it to the mountain top.

I hope Shazam can stay in the 90's.

When that happens we've officially made it to the mountain top.

I hope Shazam can stay in the 90's.
Once we have successful Batman and Superman movies again, he will be a distant memory.

Can you guys discuss this privately or something? It's not that relevant to Shazam! and its critical response, and it's also pretty hypocritical to yearn for a time when Snyder isn't discussed while being the only ones discussing him. Do yourselves and everyone a favor, and move on.

Can you guys discuss this privately or something? It's not that relevant to Shazam! and its critical response, and it's also pretty hypocritical to yearn for a time when Snyder isn't discussed while being the only ones discussing him. Do yourselves and everyone a favor, and move on.
Other people were talking about him just one page ago. Consider this my last comment about him. Back to Shazam

Other people were talking about him just one page ago. Consider this my last comment about him. Back to Shazam

And a page ago you expressed a desire for that talk to cease, yet kept engaging in it. I understand why you might have done so, though, especially with others joining in, so no worries. Thanks for making this your last. As for SHAZAM!, having seen it myself last Saturday, I can say that the praise is well-deserved. I'm excited to see more reviews come in, and I hope more will come today since it's the day of the LA premiere, if I'm not mistaken.

We are still missing reviews from Chris Stuckmann, Double Toasted, and Schmoesknow
+ Washington post, Cinemablend, Scifinow

I don't know about this site, but those first reviews not being added doesn't make sense.

+ Washington post, Cinemablend, Scifinow

I don't know about this site, but those first reviews not being added doesn't make sense.
Double Toasted recently got added but yeah all of the others are still missing.

For **** sake, DCEU fans need to stop this crap. They should just be happy that their movies have turned the corner and people are liking them. Be happy that the future looks bright instead of spewing this “Marvel is colluding with Rotten Tomatoes to trash DC” garbage.

Doing that would require admitting that the Snyder movies maybe weren't the unacknowledged works of incredibly deep art they had convinced themselves they really were.

Just stop. I'm a DCEU and Snyder fan. I've enjoyed almost every DCEU film except Suicide Squad, which could've been the greatest thing ever made and reviewed and I'd still not love it because it's just not my thing. Just because MOS and BvS weren't fully embraced critically and commercially doesn't mean that they don't have merit and that some of the criticism of them is ignorant and unwarranted.

UbrnNU7.gif

Doing that would require admitting that the Snyder movies maybe weren't the unacknowledged works of incredibly deep art they had convinced themselves they really were.

LOL. Deep art is an expression that shouldn't be present in a phrase containing his name.

LOL. Deep art is an expression that shouldn't be present in a phrase containing his name.

His name should be nowhere in a thread discussing SHAZAM! regardless of your views on his films' merits (they exist, imo). You know, complaining about some fans being sore losers in response to Sandberg's RT celabration by being sore winners isn't a better look. It's also off topic. Take your hate somewhere else.

Two more fresh from 81 but it's still 82. One of the fresh is from a critic that already submitted a score before but from different publications. I don't really know how that works but I think RT wouldn't count another review from a same critic. So 82 reviews then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"