The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Rotten Tomatoes score? - Part 4

I notice that the RT Audience Score has dropped from 86% to 78% overnight.
Not good, that's a big overnight drop and OW is upon us. Wonder how much more it'll drop?

The RT score had been at 78% for a a few days now.

It was far from an abrupt drop.

Man... didn't expect it to fall below 70%...

Did they change the consensus? I remembered it being more positive o_O

Well we're actually moving up at the moment? Maybe it can scrape through as a low fresh?

From an objective point of view though is it really good for the series if it does do that? Or is it better if it completely tanks? Surely mediocrity is the worst thing for the series, as it stays poor in the majorities mind whilst not being bad enough to elicit change from the studio point of view.

Just food for thought, I still love the film, but a lot of you don't, so what do you think, from a franchise point of view, is the best place for this score to end up?

I'm usually pretty close to RT scores when it comes to CBM, this is definitely an outlier for me. Loved it, don't care what number it finishes on with RT.

The film is back at 56% after 3 negative reviews were added.

I don't see any proof of growth at this moment but it has stablized. Mid 50's it is.

7 positive reviews in the last 10.

The RT score had been at 78% for a a few days now.

It was far from an abrupt drop.

Taking into account that some movies that have been out for months have barely dropped, it seems abrupt by comparison.

and

6Wp1k3x.png

Richard Roeper, who I find myself agreeing with most of the time on these movies gave it a B+. He didn't like TASM, and says that this movie is overstuffed, but seemed to like the visuals a lot. Interesting.

Well we're actually moving up at the moment? Maybe it can scrape through as a low fresh?

From an objective point of view though is it really good for the series if it does do that? Or is it better if it completely tanks? Surely mediocrity is the worst thing for the series, as it stays poor in the majorities mind whilst not being bad enough to elicit change from the studio point of view.

Just food for thought, I still love the film, but a lot of you don't, so what do you think, from a franchise point of view, is the best place for this score to end up?

$$$$ is all that will affect what happens with the franchise. Sony needs it to be a commercial success.

Most RT scores are pretty accurate. Just like MOS , TASM2 is pretty mediocre. They both have nice character moments, but the story struggles to captivate and would have benefited from better editing. Most great CBM's (IM excluded) have memorable villains and unfortunately the antagonists in this sequel are just... there.

I still think it could sink lower. The go up a little and drop more trend continues.

I still think it could sink lower. The go up a little and drop more trend continues.

I think it can drop more, also. But, I don't see it falling below 50% at this point. But, it might get close to 50% at this rate.

I'm thinking 52-54% right now.

I'm thinking about the same range, as well. It keeps dropping a point or two after it gains a point. But, there won't be enough reviews I think to push it under 52%, all said and done.

With only about 50 reviews to go, its not changing much from this current score. 54-56% is probably the range. Unless it leans heavily one way for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"