New Mutants Rotten Tomatoes thread for The New Mutants

This should be interesting...

my guess will be 60%. Only because I’ve seen really good reviews that haven’t posted to RT yet and then meh reviews.

more added
Globe and Mail 1.5/5
Stuckmann C+
Columbus Underground 2.5/5

verified popcorn score at 59% with 111 reviews.

I'm surprised that popcorn score is low. maybe due to low reviews?

also seeing lots of 2.5~3 reviews on twitter/youtube saying not bad but not great. just there like THR article sum it up.

The movie’s RT score as of now. Not off to a good start but it’ll certainly go higher when more reviews start coming in. The movie will open in more markets like the UK, so expect the next flood of reviews to come in around that time.
upload_2020-8-27_22-1-2.jpeg

Last edited:
14% now with 7 reviews.... thats only 7 but holy crap. Imagine if this was screened to critics.

Yeah. A major studio wouldn't delay a film so many times if it is somewhat good. I'm not going to say I told you so, but we have reviews from the critics who risked themselves going to a theater just to review this film. Another stinker for the former FoX regime and another badly reviewed X-Men/Marvel movie. Now I'm intrigued to see how this film compares to Dark PhoeniX.

14% now with 7 reviews.... thats only 7 but holy crap. Imagine if this was screened to critics.

Yeah. A major studio wouldn't delay a film so many times if it is somewhat good. I'm not going to say I told you so, but we have reviews from the critics who risked themselves going to a theater just to review this film. Another stinker for the former FoX regime and another badly reviewed X-Men/Marvel movie. Now I'm intrigued to see how this film compares to Dark PhoeniX.
Kevin Feige def not gonna bring the New Mutants cast into the MCU.

Kevin Feige def not gonna bring the New Mutants cast into the MCU.

Seems hasty to throw the baby out with the bath water just because this single film that had a very troubled production is bad. If the cast is good in the roles keep them. Just get better writers and directors.

Seems hasty to throw the baby out with the bath water just because this single film that had a very troubled production is bad. If the cast is good in the roles keep them. Just get better writers and directors.

Then do what with them? There is no baby here. These are c-list characters from a defunct universe that is seperate to the mcu. I doubt Marvel has big plans for these characters anytime soon even if they could figure out how to fit them into an entirely new canon.

Up to 23%. Dark PhoeniX is now again, the lowest scored X-Men film in Rotten Tomatoes with 22%.

Then do what with them? There is no baby here. These are c-list characters from a defunct universe that is seperate to the mcu. I doubt Marvel has big plans for these characters anytime soon even if they could figure out how to fit them into an entirely new canon.

Yeah, we'll never see these iterations of the characters again. Hell, it seems like we won't even see Ryan Reynold's Deadpool again and those movies were pretty big hits.

I don’t think we were really expecting scores of 90% for this one lol.

Up again! Now to 25% 4 fresh, 14 rotten.
You really didn't like him in the role? I wasn't a very big fan of those films (I seem to be in the minority) but I thought he was a great Deadpool.
I prefer a clean slate to everyone entering the mcu.

If the screw over Ryan they will lose the goodwill for any Deadpool in the mcu.

Now at 24% with 29 reviews. There's also a consensus summary now in that site.

What an absolute mess that the last two films in this 20 year old franchise are being shredded by the critics. I knew this is going to be a bad movie but I was thinking maybe somewhere around 40%. Just terrible.

They cast Alice Braga as Cecilia Reyes. So no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"