Rotten Tomatoes watch thread

Its definitely way down compare to the first film and the rt rating a few days ago. But i hope its still a wonder ful film regardless.

I think this is still the 2nd highest in the dceu or is it tied with Harley Quinn?

Its definitely way down compare to the first film and the rt rating a few days ago. But i hope its still a wonder ful film regardless.

I think this is still the 2nd highest in the dceu or is it tied with Harley Quinn?

The first WW film has the highest RT score. Shazam is second.

It definitely doesn't look good considering the first film was over the 90s. Like don't get me wrong, its still a fresh rating. But this reminiscent of Iron Man 1/2's rt rating. Oh well.

Just watched Double Toasted's review and they also compared it to Superman 3 and 4 and gave it a Rental. I'm really starting to get worried.

I havent seen the movie but come on now, comparing it to Superman 3 and 4--two of the worst cbms ever made is pure hyperbole at its best. I can guarantee you its not even close to those those movies.

I havent seen the movie but come on now, comparing it to Superman 3 and 4--two of the worst cbms ever made is pure hyperbole at its best. I can guarantee you its not even close to those those movies.

Thing is, they are not the only ones who have drawn that comparison.

It’s a better made movie...but Superman 3 is a very good comparison in terms of tone. Perhaps the best comparison.

The movie’s second starting sequence is a montage of slapstick comedy, just like Superman 3

It’s a better made movie...but Superman 3 is a very good comparison in terms of tone. Perhaps the best comparison.

The movie’s second starting sequence is a montage of slapstick comedy, just like Superman 3

Disappointing to hear, but not surprising. That kind of tone doesn't appeal to a lot of people. I'll be watching it tomorrow, but my excitement level is at an all-time low as that kind of tone is just not for me.

Disappointing to hear, but not surprising. That kind of tone doesn't appeal to a lot of people. I'll be watching it tomorrow, but my excitement level is at an all-time low as that kind of tone is just not for me.

I think better to know before you go in.

But like I said, the comparison to Superman 3 is in terms of tone not quality.

I think better to know before you go in.

But like I said, the comparison to Superman 3 is in terms of tone not quality.

I understand, but I am not a Donner Superman fanatic or even a WW TV show fan. This is stuff that was good for its time. That stuff isn't for the modern superhero film. I was always against the 80s setting because this is what I feared would happen.

Has there ever been a movie that was certified fresh and then nosedived into rotten?

So what happened here? I’m not by any means a conspiracy theorist but did Warner Bros hand pick like 50 critics who were guaranteed to give this a fresh review for the first wave? Because all of a sudden every critic submitting a review now doesnt seem to like it.

It already has 200 reviews, unless the neXt 200 reviews are mostly negative then it would get a rotten rating. I think this has now settled with a fresh rating.

But yikes 93% to 71%. That is a sophomore slump. I eXpected way better than that and I usually agree with critics regarding comic book movies. So I definitely have my eXpectations lower for this movie regarding its quality.

Hard to say until I see the film tomorrow but could be a reaction to the overwhelming positive first wave of reviews. Probably created an expectation that even if it wasn't quite as good as the first that it would be a consistent experience and the change in tone and script created bigger disappointment than initially anticipated.

I also wonder how much not seeing the film in the theater is affecting the experience. Superhero films were meant to be seen on the big screen with a crowd. Watching them at home alone definitely allows you to analyze / pause a film and there's no rush from an excited crowd especially if the film is just above average.

It already has 200 reviews, unless the neXt 200 reviews are mostly negative then it would get a rotten rating. I think this has now settled with a fresh rating.

I think it's going to end up with a 63% RT score. The last 20 reviews were 10 fresh and 10 rotten. Not good.

Honestly doesn’t surprise me. Besides the No Man’s Land sequence, everything else in the first one was underwhelming. Gal seems like a nice person but she can’t act her way out of a bag.

Last 80 reviews, 47 Fresh 33 Rotten

If things go really bad with new reviews this could end up in Man of Steel territory.

Should be noted that reviews in Korea and India are not good. COVID may have saved this film from the embarrassment of massively underperforming at the box office.

Honestly doesn’t surprise me. Besides the No Man’s Land sequence, everything else in the first one was underwhelming. Gal seems like a nice person but she can’t act her way out of a bag.
the first one got great reviews RT 90+ a lot of people are saying this one is full of more action. Gal is called "captivating" as Wonder Woman & said to have much greater acting in this sequel. She was already that in bvs to most ppl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"