Rotten Tomatoes watch thread

8 of the last 9 reviews have been positive. WB must've made a call lol....j/k. But I think they are safe from Rotten territory.

Safe from being rotten thats what it's come to. How did this happen?

I stand corrected. It's got 224 positive reviews out of 374 total, sitting at under 60% (59.5%) but they round up on RT.

Two more bad reviews and it'll be fully rotten.

The best thing that could happen for WW3 is for WW84 to fall below 60%. No more Patty "Trust Me" Jenkins. Time for the studio to be more involved.

Patty was not the only writer on WW84.
There was also Geoff Johns & Dave Callaham.

ZJlmIHj.png

Will they now have to change the RT critic consensus a 3rd time? Not sure that's ever happened before.

The fact that WB immediately brought back Patty without even taking some time to reassess things is unbelievable.
Giving directors carte blanche can be both a good and bad thing. Sometimes you get beloved films like The Dark Knight or Mad Max Fury Road, or sometimes you get divisive movies like Batman V Superman or The Last Jedi. I’ll always appreciate what Jenkins was going for with this movie even if it just didn’t work.

Again. I ask. What was the discrepancy between those first 30-40 critics who said “THIS FILM IS AMAZING, EPIC, EMOTIONAL, BETTER THAN THE FIRST ONE!” and the 200 critics that followed that were like “this is a significant step down and the story is a mess.”

Whether its 62% or 58% it hardly matters. Its a movie with mixed reviews. That is not going to change. RT gave an arbitrary importance to 60.

Its not as if WB is sitting tight waiting to make a huge decision based on whether its 59 or 60% on RT. Its all the same.

With 378 reviews in there are still another 70 / 80 reviews waiting to be added, as most of DCEU / MCU movies nowadays get around 450 reviews.

So, rating can decrease/ increase further, we will have to wait and see what happens.

Last edited:
Again. I ask. What was the discrepancy between those first 30-40 critics who said “THIS FILM IS AMAZING, EPIC, EMOTIONAL, BETTER THAN THE FIRST ONE!” and the 200 critics that followed that were like “this is a significant step down and the story is a mess.”

I still think maintaining access is a big thing which is influencing the early reviewers, access both to future early sceeenings and in some cases to the people involved with the film. I mentioned this before, but Zack Snyder is giving interviews to Grace Randolph in the lead-up to the film, she will in all likelihood praise the Snydercut. I mean she didn't even like B v S but now acts like she would love to see Snyder continue his vision.

I still think maintaining access is a big thing which is influencing the early reviewers, access both to future early sceeenings and in some cases to the people involved with the film. I mentioned this before, but Zack Snyder is giving interviews to Grace Randolph in the lead-up to the film, she will in all likelihood praise the Snydercut. I mean she didn't even like B v S but now acts like she would love to see Snyder continue his vision.

Man that is so...sad that people distort their own opinions in such a way just for some extra perks. Like. I cant picture being a professional critic getting a screening of Fant4stic and then going on twitter saying, “ONE OF THE BEST CBMS EVER. BETTER THAN THE AVENGERS.” And then after the fact, see the movie get destroyed by the majority of critics—it makes people question my credibility as a critic.

Man that is so...sad that people distort their own opinions in such a way just for some extra perks. Like. I cant picture being a professional critic getting a screening of Fant4stic and then going on twitter saying, “ONE OF THE BEST CBMS EVER. BETTER THAN THE AVENGERS.” And then after the fact, see the movie get destroyed by the majority of critics—it makes people question my credibility as a critic.
Yeah it's a risk and a potential issue with any type of reviewer platform. Movies or otherwise.

It is sad but I get it. As has been said people are so afraid of losing access or being screwed over.

Not saying that's what happened with WW84, just making a general observation

I have no idea what happened with Wonder Woman 84. First reactions are always positive or really toe the line if they are negative sounding. But I've never seen it like this

It wasnt just that the first reactions were postiive, they were GLOWING. Like Patty knocked this thing outta the park and made the best DCEU film.

I do remmember there was one critic, I think from Collider, from that iniial batch who was "yeahhh...the movie's...good, but theres issues." And a lot of people saw that as a potential red flag...as we should have. Alot of these people were just straight up lying though saying stuff like "loaded with action." I mean, thats just plain untrue lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"