Rotten Tomatoes watch thread

There's a touch of the Tim Burtons about it; delivers a film that quickly becomes part of pop culture and is given carte blanche on the sequel to less than stellar results.

I think the main thing to take from this is that collaboration is important on films like this, as opposed to giving one person free reign.
Yep. A lack of collaboration or far too much collaboration are two usual suspects in most average or bad films.

I thought Batman Returns was in a lot of ways better than the original, but it did struggle because of Burton's indulgence in excess.

Wonder Woman is hardly the first comic book movie to have sequelitis. Iron Man 2, Thor The Dark World, Iron Man 3, Age of Ultron, Batman Returns.

I don't think this is a BvS situation though. Overall, people are fairly mixed to positive on the film. The reviews and audience score reflect that.

Wonder Woman is hardly the first comic book movie to have sequelitis. Iron Man 2, Thor The Dark World, Iron Man 3, Age of Ultron, Batman Returns.

I don't think this is a BvS situation though. Overall, people are fairly mixed to positive on the film. The reviews and audience score reflect that.

Imdb rating is 5.6 and audience score on RT is 43%.

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

74 percent based on an audience sampling of 2,196 votes.

Click on "see score details" and then on "all audience". The 74 percent is from just those who bought a ticket from select theater chains and then verified their ticket purchase. I would trust the "all audience" rating more considering that most people did not watch this in a theater.

Context: Rotten Tomatoes Debuts "Verified" Audience Ratings to Fight Trolls | Hollywood Reporter

Click on "see score details" and then on "all audience". The 74 percent is from just those who bought a ticket from select theater chains and then verified their ticket purchase. I would trust the "all audience" rating more considering that most people did not watch this in a theater.

Context: Rotten Tomatoes Debuts "Verified" Audience Ratings to Fight Trolls | Hollywood Reporter

Yeah, so I'm sticking with the verified audience rating.

Also, that audience rating score is still based on a sampling of 15,100 votes. Sorry but that's barely a drop in the bucket for the audience size of a movie like this. I don't trust such a sample size.

Yeah, so I'm sticking with the verified audience rating.

Also, that audience rating score is still based on a sampling of 15,100 votes. Sorry but that's barely a drop in the bucket for the audience size of a movie like this. I don't trust such a sample size.

Then you shouldn't trust the verified audience score either. And again, most people didn't watch this movie in a theater.

Then you shouldn't trust the verified audience score either. And again, most people didn't watch this movie in a theater.

I don't fully trust that either. Let's see where both are six months to a year from now. By comparison the audience rating of the first movie has 133,000 ratings.

I would just look at Top Critics percentage which is now at 70 % with average rating of 6.5/10, after 67 reviews.

I suppose few more reviews would be added soon, for example - Birds of Prey got 75 Top Critics reviews.

I would just look at Top Critics percentage which is now at 70 % with average rating of 6.5/10, after 67 reviews.

I suppose few more reviews would be added soon, for example - Birds of Prey got 75 Top Critics reviews.

Chris Stuckmann of all people is considered a top critic on RT so I'm note sure looking at the top critics score is a good idea.

Chris Stuckmann of all people is considered a top critic on RT so I'm note sure looking at the top critics score is a good idea.
He is one of 67 Top Critics, apart from that, there are many positive and negative reviews for this movie, not sure why one should be considered above others. Which is why rating aggregate sites like RT exist. Now, RT meter is not the best way to judge a movie but it's popular one.

In regards the tier of critics who were last to release their reviews, given they probably weren't given free access, I'd be curious to know how many watched on illegal streams.

I haven't seen the film because I'm international and won't until I can in a official capacity. I want to make sure I'm giving the film every chance.

Reviews have slowed down considerably though, maybe it manages to hang on to that 60%.

Reviews have slowed down considerably though, maybe it manages to hang on to that 60%.
Weeks from now, there would be at least 50 reviews added. And this film is probably just soon to be out in theaters in other countries. This should at least reach 450 reviews in 2021.so a rotten rating at this point is inevitable.

Currently RT meter is at 60 %, if all next 11 reviews are negative, then it will fall to 59 %.

When the movie hits Rotten, I wonder what the new critics census will be.

This has been the biggest drop I can think of. The closest comparison would be the Thor sequel.

I remember Thor: The Dark World started off very good and was certified fresh, but that was from all the critics from other countries. Once the American critics hit, the score dropped quickly and eventually the certified fresh sticker was lost.

That said, this situation is worse, as although T:TDW lost its certified fresh status, it was and still is fresh. WW84 will is hanging on to its freshness by the barest of threads.

The movie’s score climbed up one point. It’s now at 61% again. Perhaps it’ll stabilize somewhere in the low-to-mid 60’s range.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"