Batwoman Ruby Rose WAS Kate Kane/Batwoman

All we know is that she will be a "highly trained street fighter" which implies that her military background won't be included which is a shame. Her father could be the one that trains her but I don't know... it's just pure conjecture on my part. Also that she has a "passion for social justice" and I have no idea what that means.

I honestly don't know what point you're trying to make?

Someone asked why the LGBTQ community is upset, so I said what I read. You then come in, and say that's not where most of the backlash is coming from. I then tell you that Ruby Rose did indeed quit twitter, because of the LGBTQ outrage.

I was talking about a specific form of outrage that she's getting(which is true. It's there), and I guess you're speaking more broadly about her casting? I dunno, either way, you're kinda off track to the point I was originally responding to.
She could be taking the general backlash poorly as well. Not simply the pocket of people being horrible, but the fact that a lot of people are not happy about her as an actress or being cast in a role she just doesn't fit.

I bring up Ozil specifically because he was citing racism as the reason why he left, when the backlash to him on that basis was rather small compared to his play and his decision to take a photo with Erdogan, calling him his president.

So what I am saying is yes, people doing that stuff is awful. I am sure it hurts her and it is BS. But relativity, its small, and perhaps the wave of general dislike for her casting coming her way may also be a contributing factor to her getting off social media.

Last edited:
She could be taking the general backlash poorly as well. Not simply the pocket of people being horrible, but the fact that a lot of people are not happy about her as an actress or being cast in a role she just doesn't fit.

Tbh Ruby Rose wasn't having a go at people who thought that she is a poor actress nor did she say they're wrong for having a opinion on her acting. She was specifically talking about the vocal minority that were questioning her sexuality which is ridiculous. It doesn't matter if its just a small group or not, she's still human.

Tbh Ruby Rose wasn't having a go at people who thought that she is a poor actress nor did she say they're wrong for having a opinion on her acting. She was specifically talking about the vocal minority that were questioning her sexuality which is ridiculous. It doesn't matter if its just a small group or not, she's still human.
Yes, she is still human. Which means even backlash based simply on her fit for the role and her acting ability, hurts.

Yes, she is still human. Which means even backlash based simply on her fit for the role and her acting ability, hurts.

There's literally no evidence of her being angry with anyone that doubts her acting ability. I get it you have a bias against her but come on. I guess we will never agree on this :sigh:

Last edited:
You fundamentally change the character of Batwoman if you change her origin. Her entire origin is tied to her tragedy, her relationship with her father and sister, being kicked out of the army, her spiral into chaos, and then one night seeing Batman. Then her ruthless training begins, which is nothing like Batman's. This is before we get into how she operates in general. How she pushes back against the idea of working with Batman.

It's not my first choice, but the possibility of us seeing Batman is pretty slim. Plus this is the CW. They have a history of altering the origins of their heroes. Supergirl's survived pretty much intact I think because she was pre-CW.

If they can get Batman to make an appearance then that's great, but it would have to be consistent appearances if they are to keep to her canon origin and growth.

If there is no Batman in this iteration, then I still don't think that it changes who Kate Kane is. If who she is all because of Batman then she would be a pretty shallow character. And, if there is a Batman in this, he'll probably be like SG's Season 1 Superman, as a name mentioned at a distance in order to excuse his absence.

Either way, it's probably a good idea to hold off on canonized expectations. As much as I would love to see a Batwoman entirely committed to the comics I don't think that's what we're going to get.

EDIT - Just has a wild thought. If she turns out to be on E1 then what if the Green Arrow is her 'Batman..?'

Last edited:
Mark Pedowitz (CW President) pretty much said we won't see Batman if the series gets made with this quote. He said "There’s no discussion about a series. Batman already exists in the Arrowverse because last season Oliver Queen mentioned his name at one point. And Batwoman, if the series goes forward, lives in Gotham. There’s no plan at this time to have Batman appear."

So Batman does exists and we probably get hints to his existence but that's it.

Mark Pedowitz (CW President)...said... "Batman already exists in the Arrowverse because last season Oliver Queen mentioned his name at one point...

Mr. Pedowitz is not exactly correct. Queen mentioned Bruce Wayne, not Batman. Hypothetically, Thomas and Martha may have lived to a ripe old age on this version of Earth - and the Batman never existed.

everyone knows bruce wayne is batmans alter ego...

It’s a shame Batman won’t appear. I was really looking forward to seeing his leather jacket and cheap-looking cape clasps.

Mark Pedowitz (CW President) pretty much said we won't see Batman if the series gets made with this quote. He said "There’s no discussion about a series. Batman already exists in the Arrowverse because last season Oliver Queen mentioned his name at one point. And Batwoman, if the series goes forward, lives in Gotham. There’s no plan at this time to have Batman appear."

So Batman does exists and we probably get hints to his existence but that's it.

But Batman lives in Gotham too...:whatever: And is that then CW confirmation that Bruce Wayne is Batman even if it's not mentioned on the show?

Anyway, since he mentioned Oliver Queen talking about Bruce Wayne in relation to whether or not Batman will be seen/heard from, does that mean that Batwoman is on E1?

I'd like her to be on E38, but I can see how they might want to keep her on the same Arrow-Earth as the rest of the line-up, sans SG - and if it is to be a replacement for Arrow.

Oliver mentioned Bruce Wayne, not Batman. Yes, Batman exists in the Arrowverse, because they have directly referenced him MANY times...on Earth-38. In all the years of Arrow, they've made no reference to there being another famous vigilante in another city on Earth-1, that I'm aware of, so the easiest conclusion to draw there is that Bruce Wayne simply is not Batman (yet) there. Oliver is basically his Earth's Batman (which would explain why he got Batman's villains and storylines). And that's why it would make so much more sense to put this show on Earth-38, imo, and just say Batman's out-of-commission for one reason or another, because in that universe, Superman's been around for 15 years and worked with Batman many times, so it's probably safe to say Batman's been active for well over a decade as well and might be due for a rest/retirement/injury or something. But they won't do that. Because they've never particularly cared about logic in this multiverse, lol. They'd rather set it on an Earth that has given us no reason to think there has ever been a Batman there, for...reasons.

Last edited:
Oliver mentioned Bruce Wayne, not Batman. Yes, Batman exists in the Arrowverse, because they have directly referenced him MANY times...on Earth-38. In all the years of Arrow, they've made no reference to there being another famous vigilante in another city on Earth-1, that I'm aware of, so the easiest conclusion to draw there is that Bruce Wayne simply is not Batman (yet) there. Oliver is basically his Earth's Batman (which would explain why he got Batman's villains and storylines). And that's why it would make so much more sense to put this show on Earth-38, imo, and just say Batman's out-of-commission for one reason or another, because in that universe, Superman's been around for 15 years and worked with Batman many times, so it's probably safe to say Batman's been active for well over a decade as well and might be due for a rest/retirement/injury or something. But they won't do that. Because they've never particularly cared about logic in this multiverse, lol. They'd rather set it on an Earth that has given us no reason to think there has ever been a Batman there, for...reasons.
In the same breath, Batwoman could take other elements of Batman and use it for her show.

As you've rightly stated, Arrow is (essentially) Earth 1's Batman, and (for CW purposes) Batwoman doesn't need a Batman to exist. Batwoman isn't going to be an Earth-38 show (as much as I agree it should be). It'll be an Earth-1 show.

Yes, that's exactly what I stated at the end there, lol.

When are we going to get a publicity shot of her in costume? Has she even tried it on yet? Will she have a wig or just have a cowl with no hair sticking out? Why would someone with short hair even wear an external wig?

When are we going to get a publicity shot of her in costume? Has she even tried it on yet? Will she have a wig or just have a cowl with no hair sticking out? Why would someone with short hair even wear an external wig?

Last years crossover shot in October, so it will probably be a wait. We will definitely get a photo before they start shooting the crossover, though.

I think she will wear a wig when she's in costume... I just hope it isn't a leather jacket that has a bat signal and a cheap looking cape but then again this is CW so I don't have high hopes.

I think she will wear a wig when she's in costume... I just hope it isn't a leather jacket that has a bat signal and a cheap looking cape but then again this is CW so I don't have high hopes.

That's one of my fears. They took a great character like Reign and completely changed her around, looks and all. I really hope they are smart enough to leave the nucleus of the character, looks and history, and build from there.

I for one, would be very disappointed if this is Batwoman in name only.

But then again, they've done pretty good with the looks of the main stars, haven't they? The Green Arrow looks like the Green Arrow, the Flash looks like the Flash, Supergirl still looks like Supergirl, Superman looks like Superman... (Although those last two are truly iconic and I think Fandom would have burned the Arrowverse to the ground if they's tried to get 'funny.')

Last edited:
That's one of my fears. They took a great character like Reign and completely changed her around, looks and all. I really hope they are smart enough to leave the nucleus of the character, looks and history, and build from there.

Well that's what some of the Netflix Marvel shows are.

And even in the first season of Arrow he wasn't even Green Arrow in name. He was the Hood. And he didn't even wear a mask but black paint.

And in Smallville, Clark referred to himself as the Red/Blue Blur, and then the Blur (or was it the other way round?).

But really, why does she need to wear a wig as Batwoman if she has short hair? If she had long hair and she wore it out, then she might want to cover up her hair so people can't see its real colour.

But if she has short hair, then that's like Bruce Wayne deciding to wear a long wig while he's Batman just in case people think he's Bruce Wayne. But since they can't see what colour hair he has under that cowl, then why would it matter?

If Kate Kane hides her hair under her cowl, then is she just wearing the wig for vanity? And she could really have any colour out there on different days of the week. Red, black, blonde, brown, white. She could even have pink or green one week.

Maybe she would have a long red wig when in costume and short non-red hair otherwise, so it would point in the wrong direction.

I don't see why they wouldn't use a wig. She uses one in costume in the comics, it keeps the look without requiring them to get an actress to grow out her hair/get extensions/dye it. I'm more curious if they'll make her dye her real hair though, which I could easily see them skipping on.

And even in the first season of Arrow he wasn't even Green Arrow in name. He was the Hood. And he didn't even wear a mask but black paint.

And in Smallville, Clark referred to himself as the Red/Blue Blur, and then the Blur (or was it the other way round?).

But really, why does she need to wear a wig as Batwoman if she has short hair? If she had long hair and she wore it out, then she might want to cover up her hair so people can't see its real colour.

But if she has short hair, then that's like Bruce Wayne deciding to wear a long wig while he's Batman just in case people think he's Bruce Wayne. But since they can't see what colour hair he has under that cowl, then why would it matter?

If Kate Kane hides her hair under her cowl, then is she just wearing the wig for vanity? And she could really have any colour out there on different days of the week. Red, black, blonde, brown, white. She could even have pink or green one week.
So which ones are those?

Kate Kane wears a wig as a disguise. The illusion that Batwoman has long hair. Also who wears a red wig when they have red hair? It's a way to throw people off the scent. They emphasis why it is a good idea with the DEO, because her cousin is identified by test on her hair, which she leaves behind while out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"