Batwoman Ruby Rose WAS Kate Kane/Batwoman

I'm looking forward to this show, but like some of the other posters, I'm also a bit worried how the CW will handle the character. I can already picture them constantly reminding us that the character is gay.

Cliché scenes like:
"She's in a club, some guy is hitting on her, she ignores him and makes out with some girl, leaving the guy shocked.." or "a villain (male) tries to flirt with her, but she shuts him down and has some snappy comeback about not being into guys, only women"... and of course she's constantly checking other women out.

I hope they can stay away from all of that, and just let her be a superhero who happens to be a lesbian. (Instead of making it the focus)

7eFlyKz.jpg

OEZKeN6.jpg

Oh, I see their strategy now. They'll make Flash and Green Arrow look bad so Batwoman looks better by comparison.

I do love how she looks, though.

Looking at a side by side of Rose and comic Kate Kane, their facials structure (jaw line, chin, cheekbones) is so very similar. The suit itself may not be perfect, as in there is still more to like than not, but she is looking good.

I've not been this excited for a CW crossover. I liked Invasion! and Crisis on Earth-X but this is looking really good. Keeping my fingers crossed that it delivers.

I've not been this excited for a CW crossover. I liked Invasion! and Crisis on Earth-X but this is looking really good. Keeping my fingers crossed that it delivers.

One with the choir. ;)

Seeing that image of her holding the vial, I'm really hoping we'll be getting a detective in this character and not just an ass-kicker.

One with the choir. ;)

Seeing that image of her holding the vial, I'm really hoping we'll be getting a detective in this character and not just an ass-kicker.

:up:

Yes, that would be nice to see. Not sure how much of a detective she is in the comics but as she seems to have taken over Gotham from the missing Batman in this universe it makes sense that she'd have honed those skills as well.

Just your average day in the life if a super hero!!:D

I'm looking forward to this show, but like some of the other posters, I'm also a bit worried how the CW will handle the character. I can already picture them constantly reminding us that the character is gay.

Cliché scenes like:
"She's in a club, some guy is hitting on her, she ignores him and makes out with some girl, leaving the guy shocked.." or "a villain (male) tries to flirt with her, but she shuts him down and has some snappy comeback about not being into guys, only women"... and of course she's constantly checking other women out.

I hope they can stay away from all of that, and just let her be a superhero who happens to be a lesbian. (Instead of making it the focus)

That is the CW's biggest problem. They cannot help themselves to NOT cater to all races, creeds, sexual orientations, etc. Maybe they feel progressive for doing so but I personally do not need to be reminded of what they are trying to do weekly as well as several times per episode. It's actually kind of insulting. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence can see the messages and philosophies they are pushing.

I watched an interview from Oct. w/Ruby on Jimmy Kimmel where she talks about leaving the show and her answer is so laughable.

"I spoke with Berlanti and we agreed that we set out to tell Kates story and we told it all. I told all of Kates story and there will be many Batwomen down the road"

I watched an interview from Oct. w/Ruby on Jimmy Kimmel where she talks about leaving the show and her answer is so laughable.

"I spoke with Berlanti and we agreed that we set out to tell Kates story and we told it all. I told all of Kates story and there will be many Batwomen down the road"
I mean, I know it's just PR talk... but you guys didn't even finish whatever story you were telling, let alone "all of it." :funny:

I will laugh my ass off if there is a new Batwoman every season.

No need to wait. Just changed it.

Lol I meant you'd change it to WAS the new Batwoman, or now it will be Javicia Leslie WAS Batwoman if they keep up the pattern of a Bat person going missing every season.

Lol I meant you'd change it to WAS the new Batwoman, or now it will be Javicia Leslie WAS Batwoman if they keep up the pattern of a Bat person going missing every season.
Nah, I'm sure this is the last. Javicia's a winner. She shoulda been Kate.

Saw this on another forum...Ruby was edited out of COIE "JL" formation scene during the Superman and Lois: legacy of hope special
EvQuhwUXIAANScc

EvQtOXwXUAYWI3t

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"