Batwoman Ruby Rose WAS Kate Kane/Batwoman

I don't know; that's just what I read in an article about it. Apparently she thought it was a lot of people because she actually addressed it. What are the majority of the complaints you're seeing about?

I don't know; that's just what I read in an article about it. Apparently she thought it was a lot of people because she actually addressed it. What are the majority of the complaints you're seeing about?
Her as an actress and general dislike of her. What I find interesting is apparently she isn't the most popular person among the LGBTQ community. Which I had no idea about until recently, but apparently she has been a diverse topic in that community since "Orange is the New Black". Which I haven't watched, so yeah. My best friend is gay and she is a very big Batwoman fan. She goes back to Elegy and Batwoman is her favorite character. She was rather disheartened by the casting, which I found extremely interesting. She isn't the type who even uses social media or even attack anyone else, but her being rather disappointed in this news was rather telling to me.

Why is she disliked in the the LGBTQ community? I have a lot of friends in the community but this is the first I'm hearing about this.

Why is she disliked in the the LGBTQ community? I have a lot of friends in the community but this is the first I'm hearing about this.

From what I can gather, it could be because she is believed to have outed Demi Levato before Demi was ready, and because she is seen as the kind of lesbian that straight people like. Take that with a grain of salt, though, because I am not a part of the LGBTQ community, and I can hardly claim to have a full understanding of the issue.

From what I read, it's another one of those overly Progressive mobs, who are angry because she's not the exact fit to the fictional character. Ruby Rose is bisexual, and since Batwoman is strictly a lesbian, they're mad that they didn't cast a strictly lesbian actress. Also, some people are talking about how Ruby Rose isn't Jewish, and that since Batwoman is, they also need to cast a Jewish lesbian to play the role. Apparently, she's not gay or Jewish enough to play the role of a fictional character.

This s**t is just getting out of hand. I can't keep up with this lunacy, anymore.

From what I gathered is it ties to "Orange is the New Black" and her character there being in someway harmful to the community. I am not sure, but there is apparently a high level of resentment towards her, and it started a while ago. I was going through twitter and I read more then once from people identifying from the community that Ruby Rose is someone straight women love. I am not sure what that means, but I did not take it as a compliment.

From what I read, it's another one of those overly Progressive mobs, who are angry because she's not the exact fit to the fictional character. Ruby Rose is bisexual, and since Batwoman is strictly a lesbian, they're mad that they didn't cast a strictly lesbian actress. Also, some people are talking about how Ruby Rose isn't Jewish, and that since Batwoman is, they also need to cast a Jewish lesbian to play the role. Apparently, she's not gay or Jewish enough to play the role of a fictional character.

This s**t is just getting out of hand. I can't keep up with this lunacy, anymore.
A few people saying that is not where most of this backlash is coming from. Especially as a general issue with Ruby Rose seem to go back before this casting.

Wait, Ruby Rose is bisexual? I thought she was lesbian.

People online get angry about everything these days even when there is no cause.

People are angry right now about some jokes in Doom Eternal about demons being called "mortally challenged."

A few people saying that is not where most of this backlash is coming from. Especially as a general issue with Ruby Rose seem to go back before this casting.
Ruby Rose just quit twitter, and even made a comment about it. It's why she's taking a break from social media, because of the backlash from her not being gay enough for the role.

Yo... this feels like a Gunn-like hackjob. I don't buy for one second a wave of people were virulently incensed about A) Batwoman B) A CW show casting C) Bisexual person playing a lesbian without their social media telling them it was trending before it was. None of these people are upset about a straight woman playing a lesbian over on Supergirl. It's not insanity, it's people allow others to tell them what to be mad about, because it's impossible to be adequately mad about all the BS going on in the world.

Wait, Ruby Rose is bisexual? I thought she was lesbian.

People online get angry about everything these days even when there is no cause.

People are angry right now about some jokes in Doom Eternal about demons being called "mortally challenged."
Apparently Ruby Rose identifies as lesbian and gender fluid.

Are "people" angry, or are a few people angry? There is a difference. Because we start mixing this stuff up, and it suddenly becomes the idea that this is a lot of people. When it isn't.

Like TLJ situation. The majority who dislike TLJ who aren't going to get online and attack people based on their race or gender. But in that case, there are also way too many who will and have done just that. So the sexism and racism is totally a thing there.

Ruby Rose just quit twitter, and even made a comment about it. It's why she's taking a break from social media, because of the backlash from her not being gay enough for the role.
Yes, and Ozil quit the German national soccer team citing racism. Citing backlash against him he found racist. And you could find some. But the vast majority of backlash towards him had to do with him being pretty crappy for the national team the last 4 or so years.

Apparently Ruby Rose identifies as lesbian and gender fluid.

Are "people" angry, or are a few people angry? There is a difference. Because we start mixing this stuff up, and it suddenly becomes the idea that this is a lot of people. When it isn't.

Like TLJ situation. The majority who dislike TLJ who aren't going to get online and attack people based on their race or gender. But in that case, there are also way too many who will and have done just that. So the sexism and racism is totally a thing there.
I have no idea, but it's another reason I don't like social media. It makes a small group loud even if they are small.

I have no idea, but it's another reason I don't like social media. It makes a small group loud even if they are small.
That is a good point. I don't use social media. I observe it. To see what is going on. It is funny to find random things trending and figure out why.

Yes, and Ozil quit the German national soccer team citing racism. Citing backlash against him he found racist. And you could find some. But the vast majority of backlash towards him had to do with him being pretty crappy for the national team the last 4 or so years.
I honestly don't know what point you're trying to make?

Someone asked why the LGBTQ community is upset, so I said what I read. You then come in, and say that's not where most of the backlash is coming from. I then tell you that Ruby Rose did indeed quit twitter, because of the LGBTQ outrage.

I was talking about a specific form of outrage that she's getting(which is true. It's there), and I guess you're speaking more broadly about her casting? I dunno, either way, you're kinda off track to the point I was originally responding to.

All the German players all played poorly but Ozil was singled out (his family has Turkish heritage) and Ozil arguably wasn't even the worst player... 4 years ago the German team with Ozil won the World Cup. Ozil had backlash over taking picture with the Turkish president and he received a huge backlash from the German media as they felt he was supporting the policies in Turkey. There were claims that Ozil isn't patriotic and that he doesn't care about Germany.

Anyway back on topic. Twitter is becoming a place where people become outrage for the sake of it and it's a joke. Ruby Rose actually stated before deleting her Twitter account that she was receiving backlash from the LGBTQ community on Twitter. It doesn't matter if its from a small group of people it still doesn't negate the fact that she was being bullied because she's not Jewish or that some are even accusing her of not being gay.

Last edited:

The next Batman actor needs to have witnessed his parents murder or there’s no authenticity to it.

From what I can gather, it could be because she is believed to have outed Demi Levato before Demi was ready, and because she is seen as the kind of lesbian that straight people like. Take that with a grain of salt, though, because I am not a part of the LGBTQ community, and I can hardly claim to have a full understanding of the issue.

I don't understand any of this.

I just don't see the cause for backlash unless you think she's a terrible actor or such.

Is Demi Lovato a lesbian? And is she out now? If so, why did Ruby Rose out her? What business was it of hers?

What does any of it have to do with her being cast as Batwoman?

I know nothing about her off-screen antics or persona or whatever, I just think she's a crap actress based on what I've seen, which is my sole objection to the casting. But I certainly don't side with those jerks who drove her off Twitter, either. I don't care how much you dislike an actor or actress or their characters, harassing them about it on Twitter is gross behavior.

I'm rooting for her to prove me wrong about her acting. But if the lines from the leaked audition tapes are any kind of indication, she may not even get a fair chance to do that. Can only hope for the best at this point.

Last edited:
Yeah she’s never wowed me in anything I’ve seen her in. But this is the CW. I could say the same of pretty much all the actors in the CW-verse, with the exception of Neal McDonough.

Is Demi Lovato a lesbian? And is she out now? If so, why did Ruby Rose out her? What business was it of hers?
No idea, but Ruby Rose claimed they had some sort of fling, which she denied and said love is fluid.

Yeah she’s never wowed me in anything I’ve seen her in. But this is the CW. I could say the same of pretty much all the actors in the CW-verse, with the exception of Neal McDonough.
Melissa has impressed me on more than one occasion, both on Supergirl and in other projects, but she's pretty much the only one. Most CW leads are "decent" which is all they need to be I guess. If she's decent, I'll be satisfied.

Melissa has impressed me on more than one occasion, both on Supergirl and in other projects, but she's pretty much the only one. Most CW leads are "decent" which is all they need to be I guess. If she's decent, I'll be satisfied.

I agree about Melissa Benoist. She seems very keen to stretch and develop herself as an actress. She's the only CW lead that I could actually see holding her own in the big screen DC universe with Affleck, etc (I'm NOT saying this would ever happen - before I get piled on! :yay:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"