Ruffahulk Ruffasmash - Part 1

Discussion in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' started by Thread Manager, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]459417[/split]

2. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

aka the unofficial official semi-official Mark Ruffalo & Hulk thread

[​IMG]

So what do we want to see from the big green fella and his puny counterpart this time around? Rampaging Hulk? New bromances? Smashing goes without saying

3. ernesth100

ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

Well I always assumed each time Bruce turns i to Hulk he starts out at a certain strength level. As he gets angrier it begins creeping up. Now I'd assume they measured the time his strength increase based on level of anger and made a Plan based on that.

As long as when Hulk is rampaging they defeat him within a certain time limit before his strength rises too high for battle, they should be fine and thus they made Hulkbuster a couple of tons(strength is commonly measured in tons with the superhumans of the MCU)stronger than the Hulk so he'd be able to outmatch and take down the Goliath the moment he gets outta hand. Of course that's just my thoughts, I could and most likely am FAAAAAAR OFF.

4. TheVision

TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

Since Avengers 1, its possible Tony and Bruce have done tests to see how strong Hulk gets too. They mustve calibrated the tonage Hulk can take etc.

5. CoherentChaos

CoherentChaos Well-Known Member

Woo! RuffaHulk Ruffasmash finally got a continuation!

Anyways, I don't think we have any strong evidence yet for or against MCU Hulk having increasing strength, but I think it's a fair bet. At the very least we can probably assume that no matter how powerful the Hulkbuster turns out to be, the Hulk is going to be hard to beat.

But I really do like Spitfire's idea of Bruce ultimately "defeating" the Hulk before he ends up smashing an exposed Tony.

6. ernesth100

ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

@TheVision that's basically what I said.

@CoherentChaos I had an idea like that too.

7. Sarg92

Sarg92 Ouch!

In TIH, Hulk's strength was shown to increase in relation to his anger during the college campus fight when he was being fired with the sonic canons and during the fight with Abomination when he was pinned against a wall.

8. First Avenger

First Avenger Well-Known Member

^ Agreed,they got that perfectly in TIH.

9. ernesth100

ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

Agreed, if even some parts of TIH are canon I hope his Angrier=Stronger thing is one of them. It probably is. Infact maybe this aftually ends in the Hulk getting so angry he's able to rip vibranium Ultron i half or something.

10. Gamma Goliath

Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

There is no "if there are some parts cannon" the whole movie is cannon to the mcu. refrenced in avengers multiple times and in AoS. I think we'll see hulks anger fuel his strength during the Hulkbuster fight. Im sure tony will start off on top in that fight.

11. Azzazel

Azzazel Member

In that case...How is Ultron going to be able to stop the Hulk? He can literally kill thousand of drones if he wants to and i'm guessing Ultron's vibranium body can only take so much damage.

Maybe that's why there is theory going around that Ultron will somehow find a way to lunch the Hulk into space/another dimension?

12. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

I don't think they've really made it a specific point about Hulk getting stronger when he gets angrier and him overpowering Abomination isn't really that different than in all kinds of hero movies where the protagonist rallies to win at the end. It's perfectly fine to interpret it like Hulk gets stronger that way, since that's the comic way, but I wouldn't be absolutely sure on that Whedon writes him like that.

As for Ultron stopping the Hulk, I'm sure he'll be capable. Vibranium Ultron is certainly more durable than Thor and a raging Hulk didn't manage to do any sort of relevant damage to Thor in the first Avengers movie.

13. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

Hulk becomes as strong as he needs to be. He can get overwhelmed. He's gotten the **** kicked out of him by Ultron in the books, so hey.

14. dr fate

dr fate Active Member

from the clips it appears that they evacuate the city before ultron attacks, so im hoping what happens is they get overwhelmed then hulk and thor draw the bulk of the drones into the open and go ape **** on them. we haven't really seen these two flex there muscles to their full potential and this is an opportunity without putting innocent people in danger.

15. ernesth100

ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

That'd be awesome. Hulk and Thor letting loose together.

16. LEOZZTT

LEOZZTT Well-Known Member

17. terry78

He really looks like Ruffalo in that shot.

18. ernesth100

ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

He has brown eyes.

19. Gamma Goliath

Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

His eyes have looked brown in promo art and posters and green in the trailer. Especially in that scene with BW. Maybe reading too much into it but i wonder if there is something about that.

20. ernesth100

ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

Rumor has it Banner is in control the majorit of the movie except for some scenes where the Hulk side takes over and he goes full force.

21. terry78

I find it weird how in the movie he's pretty much dominant but in all the cartoons the Hulk pretty much is the dominant persona and Banner is more or less trapped. It's a little disturbing, but that's what the kiddies wanna see I guess.

22. Kirmit

Kirmit Big Green Machine.

I don't like the brown eyes, looks better when they're green.

23. TalismanRing

TalismanRing Cyclone Cookie Tosser

It is very disturbing but I don't think the loss of self, identity, mind and control registers as the true horror it is to children who only see -- ooh HULK SMASH as cool and fun.

24. ernesth100

ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

[​IMG]

Have you ever seen such rage personified in a single facial expression.

25. CoherentChaos

CoherentChaos Well-Known Member

Yeah, they've really outdone themselves with giving Hulk a ton of visual personality and nuance, on top of being hyper realistic and identical to Ruffalo.

I expect tons of great of expressions from him.