Age of Ultron Ruffahulk Ruffasmash - Part 1

Completely agreed, I wanna see him smile again. For whatever reason.

I want to see a huge lifting feat from Hulk. Like tossing a skyscraper like a missile or something.

Yeah, that's the thing, we rarely see feats of strength on film from characters that have it. They're just punching stuff usually. Superman lifting that island in SR doesn't really count because of the weird cutaways.

Exactly. The most we will probably see is Hulk tossing around cars.

The Avengers punch was pretty awesome. I want something like that again. Because when I first saw that scene I just melted. It personified the fact that "Hulk is strongest there is."

The Avengers punch was pretty awesome. I want something like that again. Because when I first saw that scene I just melted. It personified the fact that "Hulk is strongest there is."

Absolutely.

Also, after the punch, he stopped the leviathan's movement *completely* with both hands pretty easily. That in and of itself is a huge strength feat.

At times, I just wish he made the killing blow after that punch, and not Iron Man, even though the creature was as good as dead. They showed Thor taking out a few with his lightning, it would've been great to see Hulk directly killing a few on his own as well. Hulk could kill a few of those things as effortlessly as Thor did.

Although the way Iron Man came in & fired that missile was a great way to show the Avengers' teamwork and transition to a functioning team.

Last edited:
Exactly. The most we will probably see is Hulk tossing around cars.

Probably.

It's possible, however, based on what we've seen in the trailers & what Hemsworth said, the amount of destruction caused in the Hulk vs. Hulkbuster fight could indirectly show how phenomenally strong Hulk is (& Stark's Hulkbuster suit too!).

I'm expecting to see far more destruction in this fight compared to say the fight vs. Abomination.

There are a couple of things I'm wondering.

1. How the hell was Hulk sticking to the Hulkbuster armor while it was flying up the building? He wasn't even holding onto it, he was just punching it!
2. Does that scene has something to do with the Hulk falling scene in TV Spot #3
3. Will Banner get a legitimate amount of screentime compared to the Hulk?

4. Will they show more transformation scenes? I didn't like how in some Hulk movies they'd make the transformation in the dark or shrouded in smoke or something so it wasn't visible. The Avengers went a long way to rememedying this by showing both transformation scenes in full detail. I want that again.

I'm sure hulk is holding on or iron man has him.

Hulk falling looks like it fits into that scene.

Your third question should really be will hulk get a lengthy amount of screen time compared to Banner? but we've already had whedon and ruffalo confirm the role of both bruce and hulk have been beefed up.

And I'm sure we'll openly see him transform.

From what we've scene in the trailers I'm sure Hulk will have very much screentime.

Hulk will have MUCH more screen time than he did in the first Avengers movie, that is for certain.

Absolutely.

Also, after the punch, he stopped the leviathan's movement *completely* with both hands pretty easily. That in and of itself is a huge strength feat.

At times, I just wish he made the killing blow after that punch, and not Iron Man, even though the creature was as good as dead. They showed Thor taking out a few with his lightning, it would've been great to see Hulk directly killing a few on his own as well. Hulk could kill a few of those things as effortlessly as Thor did.

Although the way Iron Man came in & fired that missile was a great way to show the Avengers' teamwork and transition to a functioning team.

Hulk doesn't have the kind of power to defeat them that easily. They have too heavy armor and are too large to just punch to death easily. The one Hulk did kill was because he could use it's own momentum, so he's very bound to situation on that kind of opponent.

It's not like we weren't treated to a rampaging Hulk anyway, and it looks to be more of it in AoU.

Yeah, and I can't wait to see Hulk go wild again. If we can't get it in solo movies we might as well get it in Avengers films.

Probably.

It's possible, however, based on what we've seen in the trailers & what Hemsworth said, the amount of destruction caused in the Hulk vs. Hulkbuster fight could indirectly show how phenomenally strong Hulk is (& Stark's Hulkbuster suit too!).

I'm expecting to see far more destruction in this fight compared to say the fight vs. Abomination.

I did not remember Hemsworth saying that. Thanks for the info. Hope we see how powerful the Hulk is more than we did in the first film. Thor too.

I'm sure hulk is holding on or iron man has him.

Hulk falling looks like it fits into that scene.

Your third question should really be will hulk get a lengthy amount of screen time compared to Banner? but we've already had whedon and ruffalo confirm the role of both bruce and hulk have been beefed up.

And I'm sure we'll openly see him transform.
Yep ,there should be some development in his abilities to transform at will.

I hope they show how Hulk understands the difference between friend and foe.
Yes, at least when he's not being 'influenced'. During the final battle at least I want him to be very much aware of what's going on and a proper team member who doesn't need supervision, even if there are big Hulk-team problems earlier.

Yes, at least when he's not being 'influenced'. During the final battle at least I want him to be very much aware of what's going on and a proper team member who doesn't need supervision, even if there are big Hulk-team problems earlier.

Yes. I hope we get this.

Same, I'd like that. Just a whole scene of the Avengers working as a team perfectly with the Hulk.

He looked reasonably in control (well in terms of on the side of teammates) when he was fighting in the circle so that's a good sign.

I think in the begginging he'll be in control.In the majority of the middle he'll be out of control and under Scarlet Witches influence.
In the end he'll fome together with the Avengers for the final battle. In control once more.

You think Hulk will be under her control for more than just the Hulkbuster scene? I thought it might just take a shock to shake him out of that.

For the opening scene, Hulk seems to be in good control. If Nat can so casually approach him and even have a little chat, then its safe to assume he's in enough control that his teammates don't have to worry about getting crushed.

There's the rumor (?) that Scarlet Witch tricks him into attacking a dead Leviathan, so who knows. Maybe that plants the seed for Bruce's decline towards the middle of the film. Ruffalo has hinted at a sort of ego struggle and I feel like that's the perfect opportunity to bring that up. Make it a slow burn into madness, a slow loss of control (cue the shot where Bruce looks up with green eyes and smiles?), as the Hulk persona starts to demand dominance over Bruce.

You know, instead of just, whenever Ultron starts doing his thing, Scarlet Witch just zaps Bruce on the spot and Hulk immediately goes on a rampage. I think that would play out too similar to A1, where all it took was a sudden explosion (a singular event) to trigger the rampage.

I'm guessing after that, Bruce regains dominance enough to at least take a stand against Ultron. After that, who knows?

Three things that can happen.
1. He'll be deemed to dangerous after his AoU rampage and locked away,
2. Have gone insane himself after Scarlet Witches mind games and go into hiding as Banner always attempting to hold the Hulk back or something along those lines.
3. Have Banner give into the Hulk as the dominant personality ala Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes in exchange for Hulk being a hero. But maybe after that the Avengers find out Hulk doesn't want to be with the Avengers where he finally talks in an extended cohernent sentence(even if he refers to himself in third person but is still understandable).

I'd like #3 personally it'd be a perfect reason for Hulk to go off on his own and perfect means to set up a Ruffalo Hulk solo film.

If #1 happens Him being locked away can also lead to a Red Hulk storyline where they get his blood(come on if the Army locks the Hulk away the first thing they're gonna do is take his blood).

Or to a much much much very nearly impossible extent. Be shot into space. My one dream(which will of course never happen) is Gaurdians of the Galaxy: Planet Hulk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"