Ruffahulk Ruffasmash - Part 1

Discussion in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' started by Thread Manager, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Obi-Ron

Obi-Ron Deal with it

Anyone else disappointed we didn't get a Hulk dream sequence? Would have been a golden opportunity to explore the Banner/Hulk coexistence.

2. The Shape

The Shape In the shadows

I think a Ruffalo/Hulk solo outing could/would wind up being one of the best Marvel solo outings. Ruffalo's performace in AOU was so great and nuanced in places.

3. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

We'd need to see him talking as Hulk for that to work I think. But I'd love a full blown Hulk solo. So much potential.

4. ernesth100

ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

The thing with Ruffalo is he's getting old. He won't be able to play Banner much longer. Not only that but he's literally such an amazing actor everyone wants him. I think/fear after Infinity War they may recast him.

5. Iceman

Does it matter if Banner is older given that he doesn't have to do much in the way of physical except when he is the Hulk? As long as Ruffalo keeps dying his hair ;) and can pass for late forties I don't care how long he stays in the role.

6. ernesth100

ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

How long is his contract anyways?

7. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Exactly. Its the Hulk who does all the action scenes so Mark's age isn't as relevant as it is for say Cap or Thor.

If Marvel ever do a Banner/Hulk solo I just want a better portrayal than we got in AoU - two persona's battling for dominance, Hulk talking, amazing actions scenes for Hulk, great dialogue for Banner and most importantly NO Black Widow.

8. spider-neil

spider-neil spins a web any size!

Just watched the AoU and Hulk looks way worse in this movie. Last movie Hulk looked real and tactile, his skin was a nice shade of green. In the AoO looks this sickly pale green with a network of ugly green veins. Yuck. Why 'fix' what wasn't broken from the first movie?

9. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

I disagree. The Hulk effects were better and more advanced in AoU, especially with the facial expressions and emotion.

10. King23DC

King23DC Well-Known Member

Totally agreed. They went cheaper. Visibly.

Probably due to another CGI character taking up major screen time in Ultron. Hulk looked way less realistic and visibly more over the top / cartoon like.

Much the way the entire movie feels. AoU didn't take place in even a semblance form of reality. At least the original Avengers did.

Removed of its novelty, and originality Whedon and his writing / Avengers material was exposed for the fraud it is ...

AoU apes the originals plot beats down to rehashing mind control of the protagonists to push the plot forward.

11. scatterax

scatterax Presented in Technicolor

You think Whedon is a fraud? Based on what exactly?

12. lukebrodyg

lukebrodyg Well-Known Member

This post...

:ilv:

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

:huh:

14. <(o_o)>

<(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

Hulk's cgi was definitely all over the place in Avengers Age Of Ultron, especially the Hulk Vs. Hulkbuster scene.

15. Gamma Goliath

Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

I wouldve like to has seen this, and maybe it'll have been the moment he truly decided to leave.

16. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

Hulk deserves one more outing now after all this buildup. Just make his last scene a jumping off point, explore the Professor/Fixit personas, and bam. You can do that in 2 hours.

17. Iceman

Wonder how much he'll get to do in the IWs. And where he might appear before those.

18. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Cloud kicks ass

A lot hopefully, was disappointed with his screen time in AOU. As for the other movies I really can't see where he would fit in. As a wild guess it would be him fighting Blackbolt in Inhumans to show how much of a power house BB is.