Groot - " I am Groot (hello giant angry green man)"
Hulk - "RAAARGH (I said hello!)"
Groot - "I am Groot (why are you shouting?)"
Hulk - "RAAARGH (if you say that one more time I'll...)"
Groot - "I am Gr...(maybe I can hel...)"
Hulk - "RAAARGH (RAAARGH)"
*Fight*
:woot:

Basing off of GotG's on-screen feats, I'd say Groot's the only one who could give Hulk a run for his money. Groot was super powerful throughout the entire movie. Very versatile, very resilient.

Everyone else was basically either human level, or super soldier level. Except the power stone amped Ronan of course. But aside from that, or the use of space ships and advanced weaponry, I think Hulk would effortlessly steam roll most of the GotG cast.

Maybe even Yondu, since being pierced by an energy dart would probably only stagger, then piss Hulk off.
I'd love to see him join them for some escapades. They could help him out if he's lost in space.

Oh yes, I'd much rather see them cooperate than compete.

I just hope they steer clear of the Collector. He'd probably want to collect Hulk.

If they're willing to portray that classic display of power, then certainly we can get a thunderclap.

They'd have to show this film Hulk with a little more intelligence to be able to tactically think of using a thundervlap. Although I guess he had the wits to save Iron Man in the first film.

I don't know if it's so much to do with intelligence, which Hulk does have enough of to use improvised weapons, but more a case of such a tactic even coming to mind, let alone him being convinced it would work.

I do imagine there's a strange conceit for any super strength character to figure that if he slammed his palms together hard enough he'd create a shock wave. It doesn't seem all that intuitive. Realistically, you'd think that'd have to be an accidental discovery of one's capabilities. Like Clark Kent attending a play and joining in applause only to find that his applause demolishes the entire building.

But for entertainment purposes, if there's a scenario that's perfect for a thunderclap, use it, even if it doesn't make perfect sense.

Well that leak was right about the fight. Loved every second we got, can't wait to see more. That was absoultely orgasmic. This movie is going to rock. Marvel is unstoppable at this point.

Like Clark Kent attending a play and joining in applause only to find that his applause demolishes the entire building.
Oh man that'd be so hilarious (well, not for the people in the building but yeah) - The MOS 'Man of Murder' fans would go crazy :D

Anyone else disappointed that Hulks behaviour resembles that of a gorilla in the Hulk/Widow clip? His behaviour in that clip really reminded me of Serkis' work on Planet of the Apes. Not a fan of this approach for this character.

In these couple clips featuring hulk i feel like they've been edited down to remove any possible dialog he may have. Especially after tony calls him bruce.

In these couple clips featuring hulk i feel like they've been edited down to remove any possible dialog he may have. Especially after tony calls him bruce.

I hope you are right as the scene with Widow strongly resembled something out of Planet of the Apes in my opinion. The interactions between the two were like a human interacting with a primate including mimicking etc. :csad:

Ruffalo confirms universal still has hulk solo rights in a collider interview.

I hope you are right as the scene with Widow strongly resembled something out of Planet of the Apes in my opinion. The interactions between the two were like a human interacting with a primate including mimicking etc. :csad:

He's already kind of been shown to be like this in a I think at most you will get a line or 2. But hey for your sake I hope I'm wrong, I'm good with either approach.

I don't know if it's so much to do with intelligence, which Hulk does have enough of to use improvised weapons, but more a case of such a tactic even coming to mind, let alone him being convinced it would work.

I do imagine there's a strange conceit for any super strength character to figure that if he slammed his palms together hard enough he'd create a shock wave. It doesn't seem all that intuitive. Realistically, you'd think that'd have to be an accidental discovery of one's capabilities. Like Clark Kent attending a play and joining in applause only to find that his applause demolishes the entire building.

But for entertainment purposes, if there's a scenario that's perfect for a thunderclap, use it, even if it doesn't make perfect sense.
I'd love to see it in any case. I'm sure they will develop what he can do with each film.

Ruffalo confirms universal still has hulk solo rights in a collider interview.
I think they really need to make a solo film with Ruffalo. If he had more time to shine, I'm sure he'd rival RDJ and Evans. I just watched the Hulkbuster clip above, and it's thrilling. The Hulk offers action like no other character, especially the way he's handled in the MCU. It's dog off the chain stuff.

I love how Hulk scratches his face and twitches a bit when he see's the Hulkbuster. Like the magic is not only driving him insane it looks like it hurts a little.

Maybe they still want a cut from distributing solo films

When Marvel originally started up as a production company, the basic set up was that they'd have creative control and own the characters, with Paramount distributing. The sole exception to this was Universal, who would still owned Hulk. Basically they agreed to give the rights the character back to Marvel, with the agreement that they would distribute all Hulk films for them. When Marvel was bought by Disney, this whole set up with Paramount/Universal became irrelevant and I believe Disney bought the distribution rights for Iron Man, Thor, Cap from Paramount. I'm not entirely sure, but supposedly Universal refused to play ball and held onto their Hulk distribution rights.

So Marvel can in effect, produce their own Hulk film, but they can't release it without Universal getting a percentage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"