Ruin a good film

"He's as prejudiced as most people are..." Ummm, I think he's a little bit more prejudiced than "most people." I've been drunk many, many times in my life and I've never launched into a rant against Jews or any other group of people. There has also been speculation that he's inserted anti-Semitism and homophobia into his films (Passion and Braveheart). I'm not entirely convinced he did this, but I can see the reasoning for it, and it's only been fueled by some of the things he's said while drunk.

As for your other comments... there are many women who can knock a man's teeth out, for sure. But it's no secret that men in general have prey on women in abusive ways for centuries because physically, the majority of them are bigger and are able to exploit that. To dismiss Gibson's actions the way that you are, even if it was one isolated incident, is disturbing and I honestly am a bit concerned for the women in your life if you hold this kind of view that "hey, we all do bad stuff when we drink." No, we all don't.

hahaha! Fair Enough but if you're honestly telling me that you recall everything you've done while drunk then I'm telling you, you've never been that drunk. haha!
So you're basing his prejudice solely on things you've read or heard? hahaha ok.

And its no secret that women have prayed on men/people too. Its not as common, sure but it does happen. They're and have been women out there just as evil and as cruel as any man. The Godmother, Belle Gunness, Mary Ann Cotton, The Beast of Buchenwald, Myra Hindley to name a few. Look up some of the things women in power of past have done like Queen Mary or the Empress Ranavalona.
And no one is dismissing his actions. He did a terrible thing but its something he regrets doing and it was outside of his normal behaviour. He's sorry for it, he's paid for it, Nobody is dead or crippled cuz of it. He's done therapy, anger management all that stuff. Now he's a better man than he was. Nobody is perfect.

If this was repetitive behaviour, I'd totally be on your side. We all do things we regret doing doh, even if they're not that bad of a thing and anyone who says they've lived without regret has learned absolutely nothing about life or they're just rotten liars.

You just sound like someone who doesn't believe in forgiveness or second chances but whatever, I'm sure you have your reasons.
I like that you find me disturbing doh. It makes me smile.

hahaha! Fair Enough but if you're honestly telling me that you recall everything you've done while drunk then I'm telling you, you've never been that drunk. haha!
So you're basing his prejudice solely on things you've read or heard? hahaha ok.

And its no secret that women have prayed on men/people too. Its not as common, sure but it does happen. They're and have been women out there just as evil and as cruel as any man. The Godmother, Belle Gunness, Mary Ann Cotton, The Beast of Buchenwald, Myra Hindley to name a few. Look up some of the things women in power of past have done like Queen Mary or the Empress Ranavalona.
And no one is dismissing his actions. He did a terrible thing but its something he regrets doing and it was outside of his normal behaviour. He's sorry for it, he's paid for it, Nobody is dead or crippled cuz of it. He's done therapy, anger management all that stuff. Now he's a better man than he was. Nobody is perfect.

If this was repetitive behaviour, I'd totally be on your side. We all do things we regret doing doh, even if they're not that bad of a thing and anyone who says they've lived without regret has learned absolutely nothing about life or they're just rotten liars.

You just sound like someone who doesn't believe in forgiveness or second chances but whatever, I'm sure you have your reasons.
I like that you find me disturbing doh. It makes me smile.

Yes... I'm basing my thoughts on his prejudice one things HE'S said that I've HEARD him say. I'm not sure why that's so hard to accept. Maybe he's sorry now, and maybe he doesn't truly believe those things, but he still said them, and we have recordings of it. It's like when Trump says "I'm the least racist person in the world" and you can pull up about 100 different things he's said and done in his lifetime that prove the opposite. In Gibson's case, there aren't nearly as many examples, but the ones we have are pretty damning.

And fine, I don't thoroughly recall everything I've said and done while drunk. But something tells me that if I did anything even close to the crap Gibson has done, someone would have at least told me about it.

And as for no one being crippled as a result of his abuse, I would point you to this story from 4 days ago. While I'm not sure about the validity of the tumor thing, I don't doubt that she has suffered from PTSD over it. I've dated several women who were previously in abusive relationships, and all of them have had some form of PTSD. Gibson pleaded guilty to abuse, and even if you believe his story that he only slapped her once with an open hand, he was caught on tape repeatedly threatening to kill her.

haha! I was merely pointing out your own hypocrisy and laughing about it. Nothing more. Acceptance is never my issue.

Trump never shows remorse and doesn't even care to and thats the difference. It's not even funny how terrible that comparison is.

So again, You've never been that drunk.
And the point isn't that you would do something that bad or even close to that extent, just something that you would never normally do and possibly regret.
But if you ever did get that drunk while going thru a meltdown, who knows what you'd be capable of? You don't know until you know.
So you're telling me you've never in your life threaten to kill anyone before? hahaha! Man, you sound unreal.

PTSD is a mental issue not unlike Mel's meltdown.
Human's can be fragile and complicated creatures, man.

I'm ready to end this doh. This Convo has worn thin. Agreed?

Yeah, we might as well agree to disagree.

As for Argo, I don’t think it’s that great either, but it won an Oscar so apparently someone does.

Anyway... The Untouchables... well, speaking of Oscar talk, as Sick Boy once said, Sean Connery winning one for that role was a “sympathy vote.” And on that note...

Trainspotting

hahaha! Ya but the Oscars always have some kind of alternative agendas with their voting system.

Take out the Begbie character and this might've been the most depressing comedy of all time.

The FLy(Cronenberg)

Hard to criticize, but the plot can prove to be a little labyrinthine maybe, especially if you're not into Noir.

The Princess Bride

No one can hear Inigo Montoya speaking his threat in such a soft tone from a distance.

Chinatown

I'd rather rewatch some others Leo McCarey films like "Ruggles of Red Gap" or:

Duck Soup

Turtle Soup. I'm sorry, all I could think of is the title to some TMNT comics from their pre-IDW era.

Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story

He would've been 18 at the time, but Danny (Kwok-Kwan) Chan is to Bruce Lee as Richie Loco is to Tupac...and Jason Scott Lee looks the least like him

Loving Vincent

I haven't seen it yet, but it looks amazing and also a great labor of love, so I can't really say anything bad about it, sorry:yay:

The Duellists

No guns, but spoiler alert [blackout]grenade[/blackout]

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

Western, not my genre

Not a Western.

duellists-1.jpg

It Deserved a better villain.

From Russia With Love

Hmmm... tough one but it may have been the inspiration for that awful John Travolta action movie, From Paris with Love? That's all I got.

A Fistful of Dollars

If you have seen Yojimbo, then it is very predictable and doesn't detour too much from the story.

The Crow

They are doing a remake and it will suck.

Heat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"