Justice League Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dick Grayson was Robin for a number of years, and he was personally trained by Bruce in combat and how to handle situations, not to mention already being quite the acrobat.

He had earned the title of Batman/Gotham's protector after years of hard work and personally working alongside Bruce. Blake is not Dick Grayson.

Terry McGinnis became Batman right away. He was just a 17 year old kid.

Robin Blake was a cop/detective.

You're basically saying that Blake will leave it up to chance, and go train while leaving Gotham without a protector because it might not have anything happen to it. How lucky.

That's not realistic at all, especially with Gotham being the city it is.

It is very relevant, regardless of what universe it is set in.
You're assuming that I mean Blake will leave Gotham empty. Bruce can come to Gotham from time to time in the batcave and build something there.

Gotham should be fine for a while. Batman is dead to the people, it's fresh in their minds and theyre inspired im sure. It's a rebuilding period. If JGL watches over them and goes out as Nightwing once in a while then it's fine. JL happens and gotham is scared to do anything too crazy because they're afraid batman will appear out of nowhere like a ghost. After a while crime will return in his absence and by that time Blake will be there fully trained.

Terry McGinnis became Batman right away. He was just a 17 year old kid.

Robin Blake was a cop/detective.

Terry was a clone of Bruce and had his latent skills, while also being trained directly by Bruce for a while and had Bruce's 100% attention.

Not to mention he had that suit which greatly improved his skills as well. And that all fit in the futuristic setting.

You're assuming that I mean Blake will leave Gotham empty. Bruce can come to Gotham from time to time in the batcave and build something there.

Gotham should be fine for a while. Batman is dead to the people, it's fresh in their minds and theyre inspired im sure. It's a rebuilding period. If JGL watches over them and goes out as Nightwing once in a while then it's fine. JL happens and gotham is scared to do anything too crazy because they're afraid batman will appear out of nowhere like a ghost. After a while crime will return in his absence and by that time Blake will be there fully trained.

It doesn't work for me. You can't just leave because you think the city's going to be okay when you come back. There is no definite way of knowing that, and it's sloppy and careless for a hero to have that mindset. Literally anything could happen during that time. Blake's just saying, "Welp, let me go train because Gotham should be a-okay while I'm absent. I don't have any way of knowing that for sure, but hey, I'll leave it up to chance and hope everything stays alright by the time I return. What could go wrong?!"

No amount of good writing in the world can make me agree with that viewpoint, or understand it more.

So, there are plenty of ways to do it... For an ongoing comic book, or an Earth One style graphic novel. Which I'm all for. But not for the movies. As I said, we deserve the real Batman for the first meeting of the JLA. Reboot the movies.

Hopefully Bale'll sign on for one movie, the first JLA.

Blake can be the solo movies.

as long as Bruce is the first Bats in JLA.

It doesn't work for me. You can't just leave because you think the city's going to be okay when you come back. There is no definite way of knowing that, and it's sloppy and careless for a hero to have that mindset. Literally anything could happen during that time.

No amount of good writing in the world can make me agree with that viewpoint, or understand it more.
You're not understanding. I never once said Blake would leave Gotham.

Sure, but I don't want to see that on film. How does that even make a movie? Bruce just training random new characters in some city? How do u market that? It's cool but not for a movie I don't think.

I rather see them take the concept and go a different direction. Im not a purist, im not big on adaptations. Have Bruce finding special people like Diana and Clark.
There's more to it than just that :funny:

Batman helping cities out while having a sidekick by his side, training them along the way. That's more or less a Batman Inc. thing :p

Terry was a clone of Bruce and had his latent skills, while also being trained directly by Bruce for a while and had Bruce's 100% attention.

Not to mention he had that suit which greatly improved his skills as well. And that all fit in the futuristic setting.

So Bruce was fit to fight crime at 17, before his training, because of his genes?

I thought you're saying that it was Bruce's training that made him fit to crime. Is it both?

If McGinnis the 17 year old can become Batman, while training in his spare time, then Blake the already trained cop can also become Batman, while training in his spare time. Blake can also have a newly invented awesome suit from Fox Jr.

Hopefully Bale'll sign on for one movie, the first JLA.

Blake can be the solo movies.

as long as Bruce is the first Bats in JLA.
Absolutely. I wouldn't mind Bruce being referenced through dialogue or a brief cameo in the second movie, with Blake as a futuristic Batman. Along with Martian Manhunter, Aquaman (doesn't have to be a big role), and maybe John Stewarts Green Lantern. Hal can leave after the first movie as well.

You're not understanding. I never once said Blake would leave Gotham.

I am understanding. I'm saying how Blake would realistically be able to train and learn all of what Bruce knows in order to entail Gotham's survival. And even then, he doesn't leave Gotham and that's fine. He goes out night after night learning skills along the way, and that's somehow fine? That's like me taking driving school or learning how to race, then also thinking I'm able to immediately handle Nascar racing because I'm learning how to drive along the way. I'd crash and burn. No amount of will is going to help me if I don't know how to deal with what I'm doing.

There's more to it than just that :funny:

Batman helping cities out while having a sidekick by his side, training them along the way. That's more or less a Batman Inc. thing :p
Yeaaah but I don't really want to see full movies where Batman isn't even in gotham fighting criminals with sidekicks. It's gotham or nothing for me when it comes to solo batman films. Plus if it's Bale, I rather see him in JLA only. Unless he's in a mentor role in a Blake or Beyond flick.

So Bruce was fit to fight crime at 17, before his training, because of his genes?

I thought you're saying that it was Bruce's training that made him fit to crime. Is it both?

If McGinnis the 17 year old can become Batman, while training in his spare time, then Blake the already trained cop can also become Batman, while training in his spare time.

No, I'm saying Terry already had Bruce's combat skills and brains(some of them, seeing as how he wasn't as smart as Bruce) dormant inside of him after the fact that Bruce had learned them. So when he was training in combat, those skills were able to come out quicker than the average person learning how to do so for the first time because those skills were literally in his genetics.

No matter how you try to spin it, that is not the same case with Blake.

Yeaaah but I don't really want to see full movies where Batman isn't even in gotham fighting criminals with sidekicks. It's gotham or nothing for me when it comes to solo batman films. Plus if it's Bale, I rather see him in JLA only. Unless he's in a mentor role in a Blake or Beyond flick.
I get ya ;)

That's why I'm preying it's Blake!

Absolutely. I wouldn't mind Bruce being referenced through dialogue or a brief cameo in the second movie, with Blake as a futuristic Batman. Along with Martian Manhunter, Aquaman (doesn't have to be a big role), and maybe John Stewarts Green Lantern. Hal can leave after the first movie as well.

Personally I'd want JLA to stress that the members will come and go, but the symbol will remain intact; emphasized by Bruce's departure at the end of the movie (after an epic handshake with Clark at the Florence cafe), having completed his mission of setting up the league, and proving its effectiveness to the world.

In the sequel, if it ever comes, stepping in are Robin Blake, John Stewart, MM, Hawkgirl (for Bruce Wayne, Hal Jordan, Cyborg, and Aquaman).

I am understanding. I'm saying how Blake would realistically be able to train and learn all of what Bruce knows in order to entail Gotham's survival. And even then, he doesn't leave Gotham and that's fine. He goes out night after night learning skills along the way, and that's somehow fine? That's like me taking driving school or learning how to race, then also thinking I'm able to immediately handle Nascar racing because I'm learning how to drive along the way. I'd crash and burn. No amount of will is going to help me if I don't know how to deal with what I'm doing.
But what I said was, Bruce would train him fully, after the first JL. In the meantime Gotham isn't that bad at all because it's still a fresh couple of years after TDKR, so Blake goes out in a Nightwing type costume (we don't have to see it, but itll be implied) and he'll take out the odd idiot and hand em' over to the police. To do that u don't need the complete league of shadows training. Just some fighting skills and tech, etc. It's a leadup until Batman trains him to be Batman. Which will be great timing for when Gotham starts going back to ****.

But what I said was, Bruce would train him fully, after the first JL. In the meantime Gotham isn't that bad at all because it's still a fresh couple of years after TDKR, so Blake goes out in a Nightwing type costume (we don't have to see it, but itll be implied) and he'll take out the odd idiot and hand em' over to the police. To do that u don't need the complete league of shadows training. Just some fighting skills and tech, etc. It's a leadup until Batman trains him to be Batman. Which will be great timing for when Gotham starts going back to ****.

And once again, you're relying on pure chance when you say that Gotham probably isn't bad at all during that time. Regardless of it being a couple of years after TDKR, that does not stop the crazies and criminals from running around, doing harm and causing chaos. Especially with a Nightwing(or whoever he is) that isn't fully trained to keep that stuff at bay.

It's pure chance. So a villain is obviously going to be coming in on a good schedule :p

Personally I'd want JLA to stress that the members will come and go, but the symbol will remain intact; emphasized by Bruce's departure at the end of the movie (after an epic handshake with Clark at the Florence cafe), having completed his mission of setting up the league, and proving its effectiveness to the world.

The sequel, if it ever comes, switches out Bruce Wayne, Hal Jordan, Cyborg, and Aquaman for Robin Blake, John Stewart, Hawkgirl, and MM.
Yes! But to add my 2 cents for a second, I seriously doubt Aquaman or Cyborg will be in the first movie.

I would have this lineup in the first (btw a cameo by JGL would be best)...
Batman (Bruce), Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash (Barry), Green Lantern (Hal) and just a few scenes by John Jones.

2nd movie Bruce, Hal are replaced by Blake and Stewart. Jones becomes MM. Aquaman debuts. And the others? Who knows. Maybe Barry is replaced by Wally. Maybe Barry stays.

I wouldn't bring Cyborg or Hawkman/girl into it personally.

Yes! But to add my 2 cents for a second, I seriously doubt Aquaman or Cyborg will be in the first movie.

I would have this lineup in the first (btw a cameo by JGL would be best)...
Batman (Bruce), Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash (Barry), Green Lantern (Hal) and just a few scenes by John Jones.

2nd movie Bruce, Hal are replaced by Blake and Stewart. Jones becomes MM. Aquaman debuts. And the others? Who knows. Maybe Barry is replaced by Wally. Maybe Barry stays.

I wouldn't bring Cyborg or Hawkman/girl into it personally.

Yeah that probably makes more sense.

(I just don't want to wait so long for Aquaman :( )

However, despite my idea, I don't imagine that the studio will want to throw away recognizable faces so fast. If people really like Hal Jordan in JL1, I don't think they'll switch him for Stewart (unless it's Will Smith or something...)

And once again, you're relying on pure chance when you say that Gotham probably isn't bad at all during that time. Regardless of it being a couple of years after TDKR, that does not stop the crazies and criminals from running around, doing harm and causing chaos. Especially with a Nightwing(or whoever he is) that isn't fully trained to keep that stuff at bay.
Yeah but it's about how u write it. Nolans boys can just write it that way. Just like the wrote everything else. A lot of things were chance, like Catwomans timing or the leagues revenge, etc.

It's pure chance. So a villain is obviously going to be coming in on a good schedule :p
Sorry but ur words went over my head, cuz I was looking at ur avatar! :hrt:

All movies operate on conveniace to one degree or another. Isn't it lucky that there was a garbage chute right next to Han and Leia when they needed it? That the Death Star II could fit the Falcon in it's trenches? That a mind controlled Selvig built a fail safe? That all the (organic) aliens shut down when Stark blows up the ship?

Then - again - make that part of the story. Have him away from Gotham during peace time undergoing training, but eventually a new Ra's/Joker/Bane like villain comes and start causing trouble, more than the resurgent citizens and police can handle. Blake, against his kung-fu mentors wishes, goes back. He goes back, does a lot of good...but not against the big fish. He's still just doesn't have 'it'. Even Gordon says so! He comes to Wayne Manor, tells Blake he knows he's the new Batman (because who else would it be?) and to stop. He's just not Bruce. Eventually, through persistence, extra training, something unique to Blake 'making the role his own' he overcomes all those obstacles, as all heroes do (including Bruce).

It works fine. But again... For a comic. Not for the movies... Reboot with Bruce.

Like I said, no amount of writing will make me accept that faulty reasoning, shauner. But I'm done guys, have fun with the Blakeman discussion, I won't be a bother anymore.

All movies operate on conveniace to one degree or another. Isn't it lucky that there was a garbage chute right next to Han and Leia when they needed it? That the Death Star II could fit the Falcon in it's trenches? That a mind controlled Selvig built a fail safe? That all the (organic) aliens shut down when Stark blows up the ship?

Then - again - make that part of the story. Have him away from Gotham during peace time undergoing training, but eventually a new Ra's/Joker/Bane like villain comes and start causing trouble, more than the resurgent citizens and police can handle. Blake, against his kung-fu mentors wishes, goes back. He goes back, does a lot of good...but not against the big fish. He's still just doesn't have 'it'. Even Gordon says so! He comes to Wayne Manor, tells Blake he knows he's the new Batman (because who else would it be?) and to stop. He's just not Bruce. Eventually, through persistence, extra training, something unique to Blake 'making the role his own' he overcomes all those obstacles, as all heroes do (including Bruce).

It works fine. But again... For a comic. Not for the movies... Reboot with Bruce.

Yes that would be fine for a comic, but even then it's faulty. I can't swallow something like that for a Batman movie. I do want a reboot as well, but like I said, I'll stop with the Blakeman debate.

Last edited:
My point is, a little dialogue explaining that gotham hasn't been doing too bad since Batman saved the city. there's the odd theft but the community has been focusing on paying tribute to batman and rebuilding the city with the help of....blah blah. It's about the story being told.

Blake Is guarding once in a while, most of the time by using the computers in the batcave then going out once every couple of months to do vigilante work. That may not even be necessary, they can write that the cops are handling the odd break in like any other city. You get the odd murder too, but in the Nolan-verse Batman wasn't about that at all. It was about organized crime and the big stuff. Because that was the main root of the city's problems.

No, I'm saying Terry already had Bruce's combat skills and brains(some of them, seeing as how he wasn't as smart as Bruce) dormant inside of him after the fact that Bruce had learned them. So when he was training in combat, those skills were able to come out quicker than the average person learning how to do so for the first time because those skills were literally in his genetics.

No matter how you try to spin it, that is not the same case with Blake.

So it's both then for Bruce. the fact that he has good genetics, and the fact that he's trained.

For Terry, he has good genetics. Not genetics that contain... accelerated training. If that was the case, Bruce Wayne's training would have been accelerated as well. Cloning doesn't take into account the age/state (training) of a person, only the genetics.

Thus all Blake needs is good genetics, a fancy suit, and some training in his free time, just like McGinnis.

And how bout this...Blake has naturally better genetics than Bruce Wayne ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back