Justice League Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 2

No, justice league mortal was never intended to have anything to do with nolan's batman and nolan made a point of that to WB.

I actually believe armie hammer believe or not was cast as batman in that incarnation and i can't even remember who was cast as superman?

DJ Cotorona (sp?) was cast as Superman.

Yes it was, not for very long, but it was. It was written to be a sequel to Batman Begins, Talia's original reasoning to be a villain because of R'as' death. Then Nolan asked for it to be kept separate, and when WB were actually going to make a Superman sequel, Singer said the same, before he then abandoned ship.

There actually was a WF crossover between Bale and Routh planned. It never got off the ground though.

After seeing MoS, I have to say, I would have much rather have seen a WF starring Bale and Routh rather than any potential JL/WF that continues from the MoS universe.

I thought Cavill was fine in the role, but I prefer Routh (despite all of SR's problems). I hope he gets a chance to play Superman again one day, perhaps an older, more established Superman, but this time, with a much stronger script. It sucks that Routh was never utilized to his full potential in the role.

I liked Routh's Superman too (also like Cavill's Superman) both are very different. Routh's Superman was shown to be stoic and a loner.

Maybe after all this DC shared Universe storm gets over in eight years, WB may want Bale and Routh to appear in a solo WF movie, where no other DC heroes exist.

Routh was like Superboy rather than Superman. He just came off as a wimp. Even if he was laying down punches like Cavill he still looks like Super BOY.

Bale and Routh in a movie is a disaster. Routh returning as Superman is a disaster. They couldn't do that anyway. TDKT doesn't live in the Donner-verse. Two completely separate tones. Bale would be close to 50 anyway.

Screw Brandon Routh.

I know that many many fans simply hate Routh (for whatever reasons) but I am Not saying that WB should replace Cavill with Routh, Cavill is doing fine as Supes.

Still, Routh after seven years would look a lot more mature, he just looks a few years younger than he actually is.

I don't agree with your assessment that he looks like a Superboy.

Nlva31E.jpg

Last edited:
Routh was like Superboy rather than Superman. He just came off as a wimp. Even if he was laying down punches like Cavill he still looks like Super BOY.

Bale and Routh in a movie is a disaster. Routh returning as Superman is a disaster. They couldn't do that anyway. TDKT doesn't live in the Donner-verse. Two completely separate tones. Bale would be close to 50 anyway.

Screw Brandon Routh.

Come on man, this is just childish. If Cavill had played Superman in SR all the way back in 2004/2005, he too would have looked very young in the role, moreso than Routh even.

Routh would be ideal for Superman NOW (just like Cavill), but his casting back in SR was Singer's fault, not his.

Routh did the best job possible with the material given, and the only reason people are hating on him now is because MoS is fresh and new (which won't last, people will see it for the weak film that it is and hate on it eventually as well). He was never allowed to play with the role to its full potential, and now we won't know, since sequels to SR were never made.

And for the record, I can definitely see the Batman of BB and Superman of SR operate in the same universe (TDK and TDKR are debatable). Sadly, I can't say say the same for MoS and TDKT after seeing the movie (despite all my support before MoS was released). Snyder's style is just too bland - doesn't fit with Nolan at all.

If they ever resurrect the Nolan verse years from now in a possible Dark Knight Returns, I wouldn't mind seeing Routh as Superman.

Last edited:
Routh's potential was never full explored. And like I said, if he was given all the stuff he simply voiced in the Returns VG, he would've had more fans today :(

Routh's potential was never full explored. And like I said, if he was given all the stuff he simply voiced in the Returns VG, he would've had more fans today :(

Yup, I blame the story writers, script writers, Singer and his costume designer for all that went wrong with Superman Returns. :csad:

Even if Routh never gets another chance as Superman he did fine in my opinion.

Come on man, this is just childish. If Cavill had played Superman in SR all the way back in 2004/2005, he too would have looked very young in the role, moreso than Routh even.

Routh would be ideal for Superman NOW (just like Cavill), but his casting back in SR was Singer's fault, not his.

Routh did the best job possible with the material given, and the only reason people are hating on him now is because MoS is fresh and new (which won't last, people will see it for the weak film that it is and hate on it eventually as well). He was never allowed to play with the role to its full potential, and now we won't know, since sequels to SR were never made.

And for the record, I can definitely see the Batman of BB and Superman of SR operate in the same universe (TDK and TDKR are debatable). Sadly, I can't say say the same for MoS and TDKT after seeing the movie (despite all my support before MoS was released). Snyder's style is just too bland - doesn't fit with Nolan at all.

If they ever resurrect the Nolan verse years from now in a possible Dark Knight Returns, I wouldn't mind seeing Routh as Superman.
I didn't like Routh, sorry. If Bale's Batman was ever linked with any other Superman other than Cavill I would probably boycott the movie just like Jett is boycotting Justice League. Im dead serious, and I don't care if that's "childish". It would be a joke, whether it was done by a different director or not. Cavill is a million times better than Routh could ever be as Kal-El, I don't care who's writing him, directing him or designing his suit.

I didn't like Routh, sorry. If Bale's Batman was ever linked with any other Superman other than Cavill I would probably boycott the movie just like Jett is boycotting Justice League. Im dead serious, and I don't care if that's "childish". It would be a joke, whether it was done by a different director or not. Cavill is a million times better than Routh could ever be as Kal-El, I don't care who's writing him, directing him or designing his suit.

I'm a Batman fan first and foremost above anyone else. However, I've always said that an actor trying to convince me he's Superman is a far tougher sell then an actor trying to convince me he's Batman. Adam West, Michael Keaton, and Christian Bale all convinced me that they WERE Batman for their respective interpretations! Even Val Kilmer to some extent. Superman on the other hand, I honestly believed that Christopher Reeve's red boots were so big that nobody could ever walk in them. To me he was Superman and everyone else from Dean Cain to Brandon Routh were no more convincing as Kal-El than an Elvis impersonator was to the king himself. It's just how I felt and many people in my age range feel the same. Henry Cavill proved to me that I was wrong about that theory. Henry was phenomenal! He is the true successor to the role that I've been waiting for years to see.

:doh:call snyder bland visually really?

of the 2 you call snyder bland visually lol
Man_of_Steel_37011.jpg

34rt7xs.jpg

man-of-steel-russell-crowe-trailer-skip.jpg

man-of-steel-body.JPG

screen-shot-2013-04-17-at-10-18-25-am.png

image45.jpg

:doh:call snyder bland visually really?

of the 2 you call snyder bland visually lol
Man_of_Steel_37011.jpg

34rt7xs.jpg

man-of-steel-russell-crowe-trailer-skip.jpg

man-of-steel-body.JPG

screen-shot-2013-04-17-at-10-18-25-am.png

image45.jpg

I said his style was bland, meaning, his overall filmmaking style - I didn't say anything about visuals. Aside from visuals, I don't think Snyder has much going for him.

From EW:

https://twitter.com/amrkvtz/status/351812918184120320

Adam Markovitz ‏@amrkvtz 3m
Got some Christian Bale/Batman/Justice League scoop to share in a few minutes...

Here you go:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/07/01/christian-bale-batman-justice-league/

Christian Bale says he won't be Batman in 'Justice League' movie

We already knew that Christian Bale probably wasn’t going to show up as Batman in the upcoming Justice League movie, the Avengers-style supergroup of DC heroes. First, Bale said that he wouldn’t do another Batman movie unless Nolan opted for a fourth Dark Knight chapter, which Nolan says isn’t happening. Then Man of Steel and Dark Knight screenwriter David S. Goyer confirmed that the Justice League’s Batman would be a rebooted character. So that pretty much closed the book.

Still, with news like this, sometimes you just have to hear it from the man himself.

“We were incredibly fortunate to get to make three [Batman films]. That’s enough. Let’s not get greedy,” says Bale, who called EW to promote his upcoming revenge drama Out of the Furnace (in theaters Nov. 27). “Chris [Nolan] always said he wanted to make it one film at a time. And we ended up sitting there looking at each other, saying ‘We’re about to make the third.’ We never really knew if we were going to get to be there, but if that was how it was going to be, this was where it should end as well.”

The actor says he hasn’t even been involved in official talks about a Justice League movie. ”I have no information, no knowledge about anything. I’ve literally not had a conversation with a living soul. I understand that they may be making a Justice League movie, that’s it.” But he says he’s not sad to pass Batman’s cowl into new hands: “It’s a torch that should be handed from one actor to another. So I enjoy looking forward to what somebody else will come up with.”

Last edited:
I see where he's coming from. It makes sense. BUT I can now say that WB are complete morons. The fact that they only went through Nolan is laughable. They could have reached out to Bale in a meeting, offered him money, layed down what plans they may have had with the character. Heck, Goyer could have as well. With Nolan's approval or not. Sure, Bale could have declined if Nolan wasn't happy about it but the fact that they never tried is beyond ridiculous for a studio like WB.

I love Nolan to death, I love those movies. Each one more than the last. He certainly has a point in wanting his ending to be an actual end and for JL to have a new Batman that's a little more suitable. Bravo. But what I don't get is just how stubborn Chris has been. He doesn't own this character. There's ways to not undo the trilogy and continue with Bale's version but Nolan is obviously pigheaded. He doesn't own the damn character so why would he care what they do with Batman after The Dark Knight Rises especially if Goyer and Snyder and Zimmer were involved with the progression??

I get it, but at the same time I cant wrap my head around WB not contacting Christian. At least try to see what he would say.

But anyways, now it's ultra confirmed that Bale's time is over. It's cool that he's stoked for a new actor to take up the mantle in a new universe. I am too. As long as WB casts the right guy.

I see where he's coming from. It makes sense. BUT I can now say that WB are complete morons. The fact that they only went through Nolan is laughable. They could have reached out to Bale in a meeting, offered him money, layed down what plans they may have had with the character. Heck, Goyer could have as well. With Nolan's approval or not. Sure, Bale could have declined if Nolan wasn't happy about it but the fact that they never tried is beyond ridiculous for a studio like WB.

I love Nolan to death, I love those movies. Each one more than the last. He certainly has a point in wanting his ending to be an actual end and for JL to have a new Batman that's a little more suitable. Bravo. But what I don't get is just how stubborn Chris has been. He doesn't own this character. There's ways to not undo the trilogy and continue with Bale's version but Nolan is obviously pigheaded. He doesn't own the damn character so why would he care what they do with Batman after The Dark Knight Rises especially if Goyer and Snyder and Zimmer were involved with the progression??

I get it, but at the same time I cant wrap my head around WB not contacting Christian. At least try to see what he would say.

But anyways, now it's ultra confirmed that Bale's time is over. It's cool that he's stoked for a new actor to take up the mantle in a new universe. I am too. As long as WB casts the right guy.

Well he said "official" so maybe it was brought up in passing but there was no concrete offer (no script, no money talk, no concept, etc.). Or the talks might've not just reached to him and was filtered out already by his team.

Im fine with this news because ive moved on. He and Nolan have a point in many ways too. But WB are still idiots for not contacting Christian individually and if WB couldn't think of doing something so simple as that, then I put the blame on WB not Nolan for not being able to come up with a good enough story to continue Bruce's journey.

Time for Michael Fassbender :)
YUP! :yay::yay:

Good bye Chris and Christian....

Good bye Batman ****ing Incorporated dreams :argh:

Batman Inc is only cool if you've established the real Batfamily first. Nightwing, Robin, Oracle

It could've worked with Bale's story arc I believe.

I don't know why but the line about making one film and then sitting together and saying, ''we're gonna make a third'' sounds like they had this great epiphany or something and started crying lol. It's a comic book movie series, a trilogy isn't that uncommon.

I actually respect WB for leaving well enough alone and not going behind Nolan's back to get Bale involved. In an often cutthroat and slimy business, that's showing some integrity.

I'm glad Bale gave the intel. Don't get me wrong, I love his Batman, and TDK trilogy are my favorite movies ever. But I was tired of people saying he'd be back for Justice League when it was obviously over. Maybe in 20 or 30 years he can train Terry, that'd be cool but I'm not holding my breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"