Justice League Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would have to manage not to undermine the entire trilogy. Part of it is Nolan's Batman's power level. He would have to be a human cyborg to stand toe-to-toe with Supes and whatever enemies Supes can't handle by himself. :o
So basically outfit his suit with techno-babble stuff and thangs to make him Batman... FOREVER. :o

The only way it could work is if Bale plays a different version of Bruce Wayne tailored for Justice League, which in itself would be confusing and weird. Other than that there is no way it makes any logical sense any way you look at it.

That so many people seem to be on board with it baffles me.

I find the whole idea of Nolan's Batman in the Justice League ridiculous. This is the Batman who fought a mortal Ra's al Ghul and a non-permawhite Joker.

no, he asks Selina for information and to take him to Bane, the only "help" he actually asks from her is to blow up a barricade, he wants her to come back and help but doesn't out right ask her, he's forward about it but doesn't force her, he basically leaves it up to her if she wants to help.

As for Gordon and Blake he basically orders Gordon around who only stood up for himself once in all 3 films and that was in The Dark Knight...and he still ended up taking orders like stooge, as for Blake, he never asks anything from, Blake just does things on his own and they meet up so Bats orders him around too.

Thats not a team player, thats a "do as I say or I'll walk away" type :)

Begins:

He asked Gordon for help to drive the Tumbler and blow up the train.

He asked Rachel for help to put pressure on the judge.

He asked Gordon for helpt to get Rachel to the Tumbler when she was drugged up.

He asked Alfred for help taking her home after innoculating her.

TDK

He asked Fox for help making a new suit.

He asked Fox for help using the phone/sonar.

He asked Gordon to give him time to take down the Joker before sending in the cops.

TDKR

He asked Selina for help taking him to Bane.

He asked Selina for help attacking Bane (gave her the Batpod).

He asked Blake for help while busting up some of bane's thugs.

He asked Gordon to help get the cops together to attack.

That's just off the top of my head. Batman loves getting help in Nolan's world. He's not a loner.

I think he means that Batman only does things his way, not that he doesn't work with others.

Fine.

But why does that have to exclude him from the Justice League? What if Bruce's way is the right way, and everyone agrees? Or, ya know, maybe Bruce puts up with people having their own opinions.

Bruce in the Nolan movies isn't shown to be the kind of guy to jeopardize the situation just because he doesn't get his way.

Last edited:
The only way it could work is if Bale plays a different version of Bruce Wayne tailored for Justice League, which in itself would be confusing and weird. Other than that there is no way it makes any logical sense any way you look at it.

That so many people seem to be on board with it baffles me.

It's all about creative writing. :word:

Think outside of the box.

Whoo, your overwhelming evidence has swayed me to the contrary. And here I was thinking that it would toss Bale Bats' emotional arc aside; all I needed to do was trust the empty words of Dark Knight.

It'll be alright buddy. Take a deep breath, a shot, or some pills...whatever floats your boat to help you not stress out so much about things you can't control.

The only way I see this working is if they do an alternate timeline story a la Star Trek and establish that Nolan's Batman doesn't exist in the MOS/JL universe, then Bale could play a Batman more in line with Justice League.

I find the whole idea of Nolan's Batman in the Justice League ridiculous. This is the Batman who fought a mortal Ra's al Ghul and a non-permawhite Joker.

I think you make a fair point. There are Batman fans who love the whole real world aspect of Nolan's Batman movies who don't want to see that universe include what the other JL members would bring. And Nolan could very well feel that way as well.

If Nolan is adamant his version of Batman could never fit into the JL world, then the only compromise I see is that Bale does not come back, but Nolan could help reboot the new Batman in the JL movie (as was the old report of Robinov saying Nolan was to produce the new Batman reboot) and still help oversee the DC movie universe at WB.

Im unsure on this, bale is most probably the better choice but i hate his batman that nolan made him. He would have to play a different batman and lose the angry voice to go with it. I want the clever scientific detective whos badass and has an awesome batcave with all the high tech gear not a platform in the middle of a puddle. But if bale is batman is he going to do another trilogy because wasn't that the plan to reboot batman and start another trilogy?. I think this rumour is bogus.

Im unsure on this, bale is most probably the better choice but i hate his batman that nolan made him. He would have to play a different batman and lose the angry voice to go with it. I want the clever scientific detective whos badass and has an awesome batcave with all the high tech gear not a platform in the middle of a puddle. But if bale is batman is he going to do another trilogy because wasn't that the plan to reboot batman and start another trilogy?. I think this rumour is bogus.

Haha yeah a puddle. And Flash would be like "Dude, lose the angry voice..."

Another thing I was thinking was, would they want to go ultra-realistic for the other heroes as well. Would they want no references to gods and magic for Wonder Woman. That could be an interesting way to go, but you have to explain superpowers for all these League members somehow.

Expect several lines of dialogue which is basically recapping or explaining to the audience how powers work and everyone's whozits and whatzits. :o

I wouldn't find the idea all so ridiculous if not for all the problems Dark Knight Rises created to "end" the story of Bruce Wayne as Batman.

Some fans obsess about realism way more than Nolan has shown. He even avoids using that word these days. If Superman can be Nolanized, then so can any other character. The only thing Nolan's Batman presumes is that there are no super heroes at the time.

Man of Steel is the first encounter and the advent of a new reality. The moment you introduce alien technology, alternate dimensions, etc. a lot of super powers become possible.

Some fans obsess about realism way more than Nolan has shown. He even avoids using that word these days. If Superman can be Nolanized, then so can any other character. The only thing Nolan's Batman presumes is that there are no super heroes at the time.

Man of Steel is the first encounter and the advent of a new reality. The moment you introduce alien technology, alternate dimensions, etc. a lot of super powers become possible.

That's fair enough. I feel sci-fi would be easier. That's why I brought up Wonder Woman, because of gods and magic etc. Yes Thor did it, but I wonder how Nolan would approach all that.

However, it's also about what these new introductions will mean to Nolan's Batman movies, when looked at in retrospect. And how Nolan would feel about how it would affect what he has already done.

That's fair enough. I feel sci-fi would be easier. That's why I brought up Wonder Woman, because of gods and magic etc. Yes Thor did it, but I wonder how Nolan would approach all that.

However, it's also about what these new introductions will mean to Nolan's Batman movies, when looked at in retrospect. And how Nolan would feel about how it would affect what he has already done.

It's simple Nolan's no fool. He wouldn't do anything to hurt the legacy of his Batman films. The attachment that fans feel to those films i'm sure he has it x100.

So if he's going through with this JL it will be because he's thought that all out, on how to makes things work with his previous work and the new stuff.

It's simple Nolan's no fool. He wouldn't do anything to hurt the legacy of his Batman films. The attachment that fans feel to those films i'm sure he has it x100.

So if he's going through with this JL it will be because he's thought that all out, on how to makes things work with his previous work and the new stuff.

Well, at this point in time, we don't know how Nolan feels.

Having slept on it, there is a way to make this all work. First and foremost, Man of Steel has to take place, or I should say Clark fully becoming Superman, at minimum five years after the ending of Rises for the Rises ending to still have the weight that it carries now.

Unfortunately, this story line would require Bruce Wayne to essentially be on the sidelines until the climax where he would have no choice but to come back and take up the mantle of the Bat.

Why would he do that? Well, the death of John Blake of course. Essentially, the whole picture, Bruce, along with Selina, is following the events of the plot, helping Lucius and Blake in a way where he's still not completely involved. He's monitoring the whole situation, this and that, and finally with the death of Blake and his growing respect for what Superman is trying to do, during the climax, he comes back to Gotham undetected and puts on the suit one more time.

"Well, Wayne Manor is now an orphanage. How does he get his gear?" The Bat Bunker.

"Well, what about Gordon?" Well, what about that? He knows who Batman really was. He knows that Batman will always be around, considering his final images at the end of Rises. That's not a particular sticking point.

Ultimately, for this to completely and totally work as to not destroy the TDK trilogy, these guys have to concoct a thematic character arc for Bruce Wayne that's basically says there's a difference between anyone can be Batman and anyone should be Batman.

But for all of this to make sense, Man of Steel's gotta take place years after the ending of Rises and you'd have to bring back Selina, Lucius, Alfred, Gordon, and Blake.

It would be torture but Bale wouldn't put on the cowl until the finally act of the film.

And just typing this makes me feel really dirty.

And, this would be a one-off World's Finest film.

Nolan'can try to explain it anyway he likes but his philosophy was that these characters were in separate universes, and if the rumors hold true, then he's going back on that. You cant strip fantastical elements from Batman and then suddenly it's okay.

If he does this I'll still respect his talent but I'll think he's full of crap.

Nolan'can try to explain it anyway he likes but his philosophy was that these characters were in universes, and if the rumors hold true, then he's going back on that. You cant strip fantastical elements from Batman and then suddenly it's okay.

Well, we don't even know what the circumstances are for him to change his mind...if this rumor is even remotely true.

Listen, I don't want it to be true, but if WB came to Nolan on their hands and knees and basically gave him and his team, along with Snyder anything they wanted (basically giving the entire studio over to this guy to do what he pleases for the rest of his career with NO INTERFERENCE) as long as you figure out a way to get his Batman and Snyder's Superman on the screen together, it may have been hard to resist.

Again, I don't want this to be true in any way, shape, or form but it is the easiest way to get this done if WB really wants that Avengers money.

It's all about creative writing. :word:

Think outside of the box.

It doesn't matter if the director is Salvador Dali.

There's no way to explain that Bale is not the same Batman from The Dark Knight trilogy without an on-screen read out that says, ”THIS BATMAN IS DIFFERENT FROM THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY”.

Plus having Bale in Justice League means no Batman solo movies for the next 6-8 years.

I've said this before, personally I want Nolans batman far away from the justice league movie. I enjoyed the TDK trilogy for what they were but I want a Batman that's closer to the comics in terms of abilities and personality.

It won't kill the JL movie for me if Bale is in fact cast in as batman in it but I'd rather they get someone else and possibly do a solo movie with that new actor.

Nolan'can try to explain it anyway he likes but his philosophy was that these characters were in separate universes, and if the rumors hold true, then he's going back on that. You cant strip fantastical elements from Batman and then suddenly it's okay.

Same thing said for Henry Cavill's Superman. Did you want a separate JL Continuity?

I'm just saying, I'm not buying any of this because El Mayimbe says, "HE CAN'T DO THIS BY HIMSELF! WB needs to compete with Avengers and Star Wars!"

OK . . . and? So Nolan who got paid what? $80-90 million for Dark Knight Rises to formally end his trilogy and the story of his version of Bruce Wayne is suddenly going to undo that because . . . ?

More money and Interstellar as well as the potential for full creative freedom no questions asked on other projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"