Rumor: Superman TV Series in development at The CW?!

I really hope this isn't BS. This is long overdue after Tyler's incredibly well received first appearance on Supergirl, he's fantastic in the role and absolutely deserves to get a show where he can shine on his own.

I am a tad concerned with CW overdoing it on superheroes.

Arrow may be getting ready to wrap up, but it is getting a replacement with Batwoman.

It’s ironic because a few years ago, they basically stated they didn’t want over saturation of superheroes on the CW.

(Repost from MOS forum)

If this is true, I can see both positives and negatives about it.

It will be good to see Superman have time to develop on TV, with time for Metropolis and its characters to be developed. That being said, it should've been done in the movies after MOS, with a movie budget...

This could be a chance for a Superman TV show to really focus on using the comic book lore and mythology, villains etc. that is pure Superman. Rather than something like 'Lois & Clark' or 'Krypton' (which weren't primarily focused on Superman.) The George Reeves TV series didn't really use much of the comic book characters.

If successful, this renewed interest in Superman can create hype for a movie, as the Supergirl TV show seems to be doing now for the Supergirl movie.

I am a tad concerned with CW overdoing it on superheroes.

Arrow may be getting ready to wrap up, but it is getting a replacement with Batwoman.

What else is CW going to do?

I think it all depends on how Lois's casting and Lois and Clark chemistry are received on the crossover event. If people love them and are overwhelmingly positive, I think Superman show is a done deal.

The actress fits visually and age wise and I'm glad for that, but I wish someone else was cast. She was the weakest link on Grimm, really wooden.

I think it all depends on how Lois's casting and Lois and Clark chemistry are received on the crossover event. If people love them and are overwhelmingly positive, I think Superman show is a done deal.
Yes, I think that's the only 'hurdle', as it were. The 'parent' show (Supergirl) is successful, Hoechlin's Supes is hugely popular, and fans have been pleading for him to get his own show for a while now. The groundwork's pretty much all there. It's kind of a Noah's Ark/Field of Dreams thing isn't it, "Build it and they will come"!

I'm worried this'll overshadow the Supergirl show.

I'm worried this'll overshadow the Supergirl show.
The Supergirl show has been on long enough to have its solid fan base and has found its own footing. Stuff like the 'aliens among us' storyline they're really focusing on now is good and the writers seem more assured of what they're doing. They even make good use of lesser-known characters e.g. villains to fit a particular theme or storyline.

A Superman show can be its own thing in that it can focus on Metropolis and that world, and greatly explore that. Characters like Toyman, Parasite, Metallo, Lex, Intergang, and all the characters of Metropolis... there is a lot to do there and I don't think it has to intrude on what Supergirl is doing. Even though Supergirl uses some of the same characters it has become its own thing and a Superman show would be quite different from that.

If this comes to pass, then I may actually follow the CW shows again. Well, at least the Superman one :o

If this comes to pass, then I may actually follow the CW shows again. Well, at least the Superman one :o

I only see the Supergirl show from time to time (I watched all the Superman episodes.) But I am trying to follow this new season now. I would definitely watch and follow a Superman show (as long as it's good). But if it happens I will still be lamenting that it isn't all happening in the movies.

I want Superman show. I dont want it to have any ties to anything CW is doing. Does that make sense.

I want Superman show. I dont want it to have any ties to anything CW is doing. Does that make sense.

Yeah, I can understand that. The Arrowverse isn't for everyone and I respect that.

I think this is another clear sign that they a gearing up for a Superman show. They are casting all the principals.

I know Krypton is currently using him, and he’s rumoured for the Supergirl film, but I wonder if Brainiac could eventually appear in the Arrowverse if this show does happen.

Would be pretty cool, but it would be hard to top the quality makeup and CGI for Krypton’s version.

Screen Rant contacted WBTV and confirmed the report is false. Bummer! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"