Eternals Rumors about the Eternals coming in Phase 4...

If there are fans of this property then they aren’t very many. I’m cool if this film never happens and I kind of feel Marvel are sort of pushing their luck a bit on the cosmic side of things. Yeah, Guardians worked but that was always a cool lightening in the bottle success story that came out at the right time and really hit the sweet spot for many audiences. Not sure you can pull it off again with this property. From what I’ve read so far about this thing it’s niche even for the hardcores.

I’m not saying this film will fail but it doesn’t seem all that neccesary given they have the Guardians brand to fill in for the Cosmic side of things.

I could see Eternals being used to introduce a number of popular characters that are not traditionally associated with the property, including Hercules, Eros and Hyperion.

I could see Eternals being used to introduce a number of popular characters that are not traditionally associated with the property, including Hercules, Eros and Hyperion.

Eros and Hyperion are Eternals though (well Eros is from Titan, which is an offshoot of the Eternals). Not sure if I like the idea of Hercules being an Eternal though.

I would be okay with it. We could easily say the Greek pantheon gods were Eternals.

Basically they can throw whoever the **** they want into that pool.

Plus, with the Inhumans being off the table, this could be their hidden race of superpowered people.

Eros and Hyperion are Eternals though (well Eros is from Titan, which is an offshoot of the Eternals). Not sure if I like the idea of Hercules being an Eternal though.

I doubt Marvel will be introducing both the Eternals and Greek pantheon. There's too much overlap and the Greco Roman gods have been done to death in films, including Wondy. My guess is Gilgamesh/The Forgotten One/Sampson of the Eternals will bear a strong resemblance in both look and personality to 616 Herc.

I would be okay with it. We could easily say the Greek pantheon gods were Eternals.

Just explain the overlap like did in the comics. No reason to make the Greek gods Eternals. My perhaps overly long post (moreso cause lots of key points in Comics history concerning Eternals but tried highlight by categories for easy reading) touched upon this.

At the point in Eternal history where 3 great Eternal cities built, 1 was the city of Olympia which was built NEAR portal to Greek gods with key distinguishment that Eternals not part of the Greek pantheon but did impersonate them at times in history with permission of Greek pantheon as just sort of fill-in roles to satisfy humanity's curiosity.

The city of Olympia was an advanced Eternal city on earth, not the actual domain of the Greek pantheon which was on the other side of a portal situated near this city.

Last edited:
Just explain the overlap like did in the comics. No reason to make the Greek gods Eternals. My perhaps overly long post (moreso cause lots of key points in Comics history concerning Eternals but tried highlight by categories for easy reading) touched upon this.

At the point in Eternal history where 3 great Eternal cities built, 1 was the city of Olympia which was built NEAR portal to Greek gods with key distinguishment that Eternals not part of the Greek pantheon but did impersonate them at times in history with permission of Greek pantheon as just sort of fill-in roles to satisfy humanity's curiosity.

The city of Olympia was an advanced Eternal city on earth, not the actual domain of the Greek pantheon which was on the other side of a portal situated near this city.

I think that works fine for the comics, but adds unnecessary complexity for a movie. There's no need for both a Greek pantheon and a group of Celestial created substitutes in the MCU. I say take the best characteristics from both, along with other "orphaned" cosmic characters, and mash them together.

For a movie, it would just be easier to make them all Eternals. Much easier for the audience to understand and less backstory to explain.

Yes please. I'd love to see Hercules in the MCU.

My guess is Gilgamesh/The Forgotten One/Sampson of the Eternals will bear a strong resemblance in both look and personality to 616 Herc.
No please. I'd love to see Hercules in the MCU.

Seems like you were right about this. You earned the right to brag

Last edited:
It occurs to me that they could use these to replace the Inhumans. Characters like Ms. Marvel or Moon Girl could be stated to have distant Eternal lineage if Marvel ever chooses to put them in the films.

It's good that the Eternals are coming, but how come Feige is interested to make them but he wasn't interested to make the Inhumans as a movie?

The Inhumans could have been just as interesting as the Eternals. Oh well, hopefully they'll do well and get a good treatment.

It's good that the Eternals are coming, but how come Feige is interested to make them but he wasn't interested to make the Inhumans as a movie?

The Inhumans could have been just as interesting as the Eternals. Oh well, hopefully they'll do well and get a good treatment.

Maybe it was something Feige was interested in but not right away and didn't care for Ike pushing them so hard. Plus with them being introduced in AoS, it might have soured any plans Feige might have had. So when Marvel Studios finally separated from Marvel proper, he just decide to wash his hands of it and move on to something else.

Sort of random, even more random than Guardians of the Galaxy. IMHO, at least with Guardians based on the DnA run, I thought that was a great setup for a potential movie franchise. Eternals not so much when there are much better properties and characters to mine.

Kevin was probably not interested in Ike's vision of them as an X-Men substitute. I recall the description used for the script floating around a while back was very similar to the more X-Men-influenced take the comics ended up going with.

I would rather see them reboot Inhumans, but Eternals are interesting as well.

It's all Ike's fault. :argh:

We could've had a proper Inhumans movie if he hadn't kept pushing them and they hadn't been already introduced in Agents of SHIELD. We never should've had all these faux mutants but only the royal family and done properly. Not that Scott Buck abomination.

Now the Inhumans are pretty toxic. Especially as they were done under the MCU banner.

The Eternals are more of a blank slate with no baggage. All I can picture when I think of them are Jack Kirby images and facial expressions.

Kevin was probably not interested in Ike's vision of them as an X-Men substitute. I recall the description used for the script floating around a while back was very similar to the more X-Men-influenced take the comics ended up going with.
I mean the ABC version was nothing at all like the X-Men, so I don't really buy it.

It's all Ike's fault. :argh:

We could've had a proper Inhumans movie if he hadn't kept pushing them and they hadn't been already introduced in Agents of SHIELD. We never should've had all these faux mutants but only the royal family and done properly. Not that Scott Buck abomination.

Now the Inhumans are pretty toxic. Especially as they were done under the MCU banner.

The Eternals are more of a blank slate with no baggage. All I can picture when I think of them are Jack Kirby images and facial expressions.

It definitely seems like some political BS cost us in the long run. There was always an expectation an Inhumans movie was going to happen. Even when Ant-Man was floundering for years and just wasn't happening.

And to be honest, it still sort of annoys me they stuck with the Edgar Wright vision of Ant-Man for so long and we weren't able to get Hank Pym as part of the modern Marvel Universe. Instead it's old man Hank Pym.

It definitely seems like some political BS cost us in the long run. There was always an expectation an Inhumans movie was going to happen. Even when Ant-Man was floundering for years and just wasn't happening.

I hate to see the MCU lose great characters (maybe Lockjaw will be an Eternal as well?), but superhero royal drama wasn't a great fit for a cinematic universe that already has Asgard and was introducing Wakanda. In this case political BS paid off. Hopefully we'll see the royal family resurrected with the FF.

And I'm not even sure Eternals will make it as far as Inhumans and get a release date. One rumor for Inhumans was that they are alien sleeper agents on earth. Maybe that idea will get resurrected for Eternals?

I really hope that Eternals dives heavily into the Celestials. I assume it has to. Logical place to maybe introduce Galactus?

They should really just pretend that TV show never happened. I’m serious, it should be officially removed from MCU canon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"