Rumors about the Eternals coming in Phase 4...

Discussion in 'Eternals' started by Tymminator, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Mike Murdock Registered

I suspect Thor is coming back given the strength of Ragnarok and how Hemsworth seems interested in coming back. It would depend a bit on the script, though.

2. Abudefduf Registered

It's all up to Waititi, I think. If he wants to make another Thor movie, Marvel will let him.

3. Protar Registered

I could definitely see Thor 4 happening, could also see Thor joing the GotG for a time. He fit in really well with them in IW.

4. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I could at least see him featuring in a Guardians film even if he doesn't join the team.

5. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

If they do a Thor 4, Iron Man 4, or Cap 4 I will obviously be very happy, LOL! But I don't need them to happen either. I do want Hulk 2 though! :cmad:

How I look at it is once it hits a trilogy, I am okay if no more happen. 4th movies are cherries on the sundae.

6. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos (P)

Thor 4 absolutely needs to happen, I'm just not sure how keen Taika is on returning.

7. pixen Registered

No but I’d like something different that hasn’t been done for 3 plus movies. He’s run his course. Give some other heroes some spots to get explored and try new things.

8. Protar Registered

This is how I feel as well. Less so with Thor than Cap and Iron Man, because he definitely had a huge tonal shift with Ragnarok that could potentially be the start of a new trilogy for him. But we have had a lot of Thor and I want to see exciting new franchises as well as old favourites.

9. WBwins Registered

Personally Id like Thor to be a part of the new Cosmic team that forma after Guardians

10. Orba Registered

In interviews he has mentioned that he would do more and Hemsworth has mentioned that he has spoken with Waititi about ideas for another film. I could see Waititi having fun with stuff like Beta Ray Bill, and his previous films show that he can make good films with kids so I think he would be a great director to do Kid Loki.

11. pixen Registered

I’d only want more Thor if Taika was back. If he isn’t, he needs to be put on the shelf.

12. Yowza Registered

If 3 a year, I think there is room for a 4th installment of an older franchise only if:

A) Marvel Backs off on newer properties or

B) The push the FF and X-Men films back a year to around 2024 or 2025.

On the phase 4 thread, I was looking at the sheer number of properties and there's just very little room for FF or X-Men without extreme sandwichization.

I suppose if Marvel killed off all the characters end of Avengers 4 then yes there will be room but I think they'll only do that with some characters not able to use anymore which leaves quite a few left.

13. pixen Registered

It’s why Captain America, Thor and Iron Man need to retire. If/when the Fox properties return to Disney, I think Marvel should focus on Fantastic Four first and let X-Men breathe just a bit before trying to do anything with it. By giving each film a trilogy max for solo films, it’ll allow for a nice roll off of old properties and bringing new ones in.

14. Protar Registered

I think it likely that we won't see Xmen and F4 movies until after Avengers 5, ergo 2023 at the earliest. We might see some crossing over earlier than that (would love to see Namor and Storm in Black Panther 2 for example) but they're going to take their time on the actual films.). After all, there are still Fox X-men films in production now.

15. All-Father Godly

True that. And a Thor movie would be perfect to introduce at least some elements from the Eternals.

16. pixen Registered

Or you could just have them show up on their own in their first movie. Like GOTG did. Also, the Celestials showed up in GOTG Vol. 1 so it's still slightly been hinted at. It'd also be nice way to continue the Kirby design influences from Thor: Ragnarok and bring them into this.

17. Spiderine Sho nuff

I don't know much about the Eternals. Is anyone excited for this?

18. Lilbaz Registered

Doubt they'd do anything with the mandarin again. Only a fraction of the people who saw iron man 3 saw all hail the king so it would be confusing let alone it being done. Also there was a reason they didn't use the real mandarin and changed it.

A new thor film might be good. But there is no rush we would have seen 7 films with thor. Time for something new.

19. Abudefduf Registered

Right now? Probably not, but does it matter? It's Marvel Studios, getting people excited about stuff no one previously cared about is what they do best.

20. Grand Padawan Registered

Any casting ideas? I'm not familiar with the eternals. Do we need another Thor type casting for the Eternals? How young looking should the Eternals be?

21. Yowza Registered

22. Captain Marvel SHAZAM!

Before anyone thinks that Eternals will be a flop, let's remember articles like this:

https://www.fool.com/investing/gene...-of-the-galaxy-will-be-a-flop-for-marvel.aspx

Although in my case, I can't say I'm looking forward to it. Guardians of the Galaxy I was looking forward to, because I loved the team beforehand, but Eternals? I don't really care for them. But then again, I am open to Marvel making me care about them, so we'll see.

Although I have to say, I do find it interesting that Marvel Studios went with this rather than Inhumans. The behind the scenes politics surrounding them sound pretty interesting. And honestly, after the high profile way Marvel TV screwed up the Inhumans, they're now a toxic property that Marvel Studios would be better off avoiding.

23. Silvermoth Krakoan native

It’s a shame they got Gemma Chan as Minerva, she would have been an amazing Sersi

24. Abudefduf Registered

I can't link the article because it's on Comic Book Movie dot com... but anyway,

Isn't this what they already did with Asgardians? It wouldn't exactly be anything new. But honestly I do like the idea of making Ares and Hercules Eternals.

25. Silvermoth Krakoan native

It sounds very much like marvel’s Prometheus which could be fun