Rumors about the Eternals coming in Phase 4...

Discussion in 'Eternals' started by Tymminator, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Chris B Registered

I'm not really familiar with them in the comics, but I can there being a lot of potential with this based on what I've read of the Eternals since this was first rumored. Just need to find the right director.

2. Kuwolski g r u n t - m a n

Yeah, people who think Marvel are just going to put this on the back burner if they get the Fox properties are in for a surprise I feel.

3. MasterCat Registered

The elevator pitch for Jack Kirby's Eternals is "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of Greek Mythology meets Kaiju Doing Science", a mashup spectacle like nothing audiences have seen before.
    My fear is that they'll do Neil Gaiman's Eternals instead, which I picked up in Barnes & Noble and found unreadable. It's about the Eternals being average New Yorkers with amnesia. And the Celestials don't land on Earth in all their Godzilla-size glory.

4. Spiderine Sho nuff

Sounds like Eternals is a go no matter what happens with Fox properties. Thats been my belief for some time now.

They will use it to reshape and reformat the MCU.

5. HunBoy Captain Hungary

Dumb question:
    Is Surtur an 'Eternal'? How many chance that we will see him in this movie? 0%?

6. Mike Murdock Registered

He is not and 0%.

The Eternals were a group of humans experimented on and given powers. Surtur is a creature from a fire world.

7. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

I think the Eternals could be a bit of a hard sell like the Inhumans. The Inhumans should've been more of a better sell anyway with interesting characters like Lockjaw, Medusa, Triton or Gorgon, or characters like Blackbolt. I think the Eternals could potentially come across as a bit bland.

8. pixen Registered

They could come across that way but the same could have been said for Guardians of the Galaxy and look how that turned out. The one thing this has going for it is that it can be different than just a hero story. They’ve never really been used allowing for them to be able to mine the source comics and make it work as best as it could for the big screen. Plus, they can push the Kirby design with this and make it a visual treat.

I will say, I’m sure they’ll reference Gaiman’s run as it could be a nice way to introduce them without overwhelming anyone.

9. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I think despite Feige's public support that cracking this nut on several levels is a big task for any story tellers, not least of which is that even in their home medium the Eternals haven't ever really been a big hit. Concepts from them have been spread all over the comics but actual titles with them starring in them have rarely if ever resonated and been popular.

It's as stated a tough nut to crack and one which I would be interested in seeing the solutions they come up with if any.

10. MasterCat Registered

That's what I'm dreading: the Eternals living as boring New Yorkers and the Celestials only alluded to, not walking the Earth to judge us.

11. pixen Registered

I think they could set the story up like his started but have it go into a much bigger and better direction (involving Celestials and other bigger things). I think that’d be a cool way to merge various runs into a film. It’d be awful to not involve what makes them so interesting and cool.

Has anyone read the Daniel Acuna drawn series from a few years ago?

12. Silvermoth Krakoan native

I wonder how they will differentiate this from New Gods over at the distinguished competition?

This would be a great chance to finally get Alex Proyas to direct a marvel flick. Although it wasn’t well received Gods of Egypt was the closest thing to Kirbyesque design I’ve seen on film. Besides at marvel of course!

[​IMG]

13. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

What's the difference between the Eternals and Inhumans then? Weren't they both experimented on (I'm presuming by the Kree)? The Inhumans are the result of Kree experimentation, right? Who experimented on the Eternals, and if it was the Kree (was it?) what makes the Eternals any different from Inhumans?

.....and where does the X-Gene come from?

14. Saitou Hajime Registered

The Celestials experimented upon proto-humans, creating the Eternals and Deviants, as well as investing upon a third subspecies (which would end up being modern humans) the genetic potential for developing superpowers (giving rise to mutates and mutants). The Kree saw this genetic potential while studying early homo sapiens and created the Inhumans.

15. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I think Feige is going all in with these guys.

16. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Thanks. :)

Who are these Deviants though? Evil Eternals?

17. Saitou Hajime Registered

The Deviants are the second subspecies that emerged from the Celestials' experiments. They are less godlike and relatively hideous as compared to the Eternals.

18. Silvermoth Krakoan native

I hope we saw Karkas. A great visual like that just can’t be ignored

[​IMG]

It’s interesting apparently they’re not using a human protagonist and they’re going with Sersi as the main (she was always my fave so I’m very happy with that). I thought they would have gone with the professor who first discovered eternals tech or even Ikaris.

Hopefully they don’t just write Sersi as a Crystal rip off

19. The Endless WE are Groot

Ah man an adaptation of Gaiman's mini series would definitely tickle my pickle.

20. Darkprime Registered

Could Ego make a cameo? Did the celestials interact with the eternals?

21. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I'm more intrigued whether Thanos will have a cameo, or at least a reference; he's an eternal, right?

22. Silvermoth Krakoan native

I am absolutely certain thanos will make an appearance. I think that’s why they’re doing the eternals. To fill out his backstory more

23. Darkprime Registered

Brolin did say he wanted to keep playing Thanos.

24. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Well why wouldn’t you lol.

Gosh that’s going to be wild.

Any ideas on who could play Ikaris? I don’t think there are any white blond actors named Chris left in Hollywood is there?

[​IMG]

25. MasterCat Registered

Jim Starlin established that Thanos is Zeus's nephew by his brother Alars, who built a spaceship to colonize Saturn's moon Titan. Also Jack Kirby's Eternals had nothing to do with other planets.
    It sounds like nobody wants this to be a comic adaptation...