Rumors about the Eternals coming in Phase 4...

Discussion in 'Eternals' started by Tymminator, Apr 6, 2018.

1. BaronZemo Registered

His official preference of the characters? Just because he is head of Marvel it doesn't mean he has to like every character.

Just to summarize it to you better Eternals have the weight of the worlds in their shoulders since they are immortal and nigh-invulnerable. This is a vital difference compared to Inhumans who are too similar to X-men. Eternals always battled with identity and purpose like Wolverine due to their powers and immortality. Gaiman touched on that.

2. BaronZemo Registered

Hello there Captain Exaggeration. Yes, i'm sure numerous critically-acclaimed shows have harmed the MCU. Welcome from this alternate reality you have been in. Try to adjust to the REAL WORLD.

3. SyntaxError Registered

along with Inhumans (ruined a potential franchise), Defenders, Iron Fist, and AoS (which ruined MCU timeline). They should just form their own universe ala DC's Arrowverse. Let the MCU only include the stuff that Feige and co. supervise.

4. Kuwolski g r u n t - m a n

She's an interesting filmmaker

5. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

When Inhumans weren't popping up everywhere and it was mostly the Royal Family (which is what I'm most familiar with in the comics), it seemed nothing like the X-Men at all. They were more like a cosmic group of people that the FF interacted with. Never once did I think of X-Men. The closest that any other group seemed to them were the Eternals.

6. David H. We’re not owed anything.

That’s what those shows on the Disney streaming service are being made for.

Yay! New World love!

Kuwolski likes this.
  7. Abudefduf Registered

They already are. Some people are just in denial about it. :o

8. Darkprime Registered

There was a glimmer of hope a couple of years ago when it was revealed that Charlie Cox had a movie option on his contract but it seems but Its pretty obvious now a crossover isn't going to happen. Unless Marvel TV does move under Marvel Studios after the Fox merger since Iger did say there shouldn't be two Marvels.

9. Bach Registered

I'm not really sure if the TV shows are canon or not, but even if they were it wouldn't make a difference since there'll never be any connections. All of them (with AoS being the exception) feel like they're set in a pocket universe separated from the MCU. Which is why I'm wondering what's going to happen once the new series come out.

10. Shuri Smartest person in the MCU.

I don't know her, but I'm happy for her, this will be huge for her career. I'm curious about this movie, it has the potential to further expand marvel universe.

11. MbJ Registered

We could finally get Hercules in the movies if they want to tie his origin in with the Eternals rather than having a separate Greek pantheon.

Abudefduf likes this.
  12. Abudefduf Registered

Hercules is practically more popular than the characters who will lead this movie. It would be dumb not to include him.

13. Saitou Hajime Registered

Assuming this hire sticks, I love that Marvel continues to hire these relatively unknown directors. With all due respect to WB since they started hiring female directors first, but they still gravitate towards established or proven directors like Patty or Ava.

14. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Why wouldn’t it stick? I wonder if this means we can give the eternals their own board now

People barely know captain marvel or the skrulls too but that’s happening. I mean people genuinely thought carol was bashing up old ladies in her trailer

15. Web-Head Cowabunga

I'd imagine Eternals and Widow will get their own board soon...

16. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Marvel is not known for firing directors. In 21 films they have released to this point, Edgar Wright and Patty Jenkins left. That's it. That is a much smaller track record than most studios.

I know Gunn also left, but I don't really count that one as it was due to outside things. I don't think Gunn's firing was anyone's first choice.

17. Yowza Registered

Maybe not firing while things are in full motion but there's definitely more conflict behind the scenes than one would like to perhaps believe. The fact Kevin Fiegi went to seek a buffer of sorts from Marvel Publishing while producing Marvel Studio's films shows this was going on at the top.

Since then there have been a number of departures over creative differences but luckily has always been in very early pre-planning stages. Black Panther had a number of directors who could've taken the reigns behind the project before Ryan Coogler but perhaps a key difference between now and before is the vision seems to be firmly established so that the give and take is set before things get close to production without as much tug of war behind the scenes that can taint the film at a later point.

18. Yowza Registered

I see the Hollywood Reporter article also mentions Ikaris and Sersi having a romance. Not in the comics I don't believe?

19. BaronZemo Registered

AOS is widely regarded one of the best MCU and cb shows in general, Defenders got decent reviews and audience response and IR vastly improved in S2. The only real dud was Inhumans. And i see you quietly ignore Daredeveil, Luke Cage, Punisher, Runaways, Cloak and Dagger etc to serve a non-existing argument. MCU tv never hurt the MCU no matter how much you want it to be true.

20. BaronZemo Registered

They are far more similar to X-men than Eternals. Eternals are powerhouses and not that organized in recent years. THey have been scattered. Inhumans are organized in a community and eveyr person has grounded powers aka X-men. Each Eternal can manipulate energy, teleport, have superhuman attributes and they manipulate matter at a molecular level.

21. pixen Registered

The movie option in the contract is standard as it gives them an option of using them in one. Doesn’t mean they ever wanted to, it just covered their bases if there ever came an option to.

As for this going the way that Inhumans did, I doubt it. That failed miserably and I’m sure locking this in with a director is going to save them from being touched by ABC. Also, wasn’t the Inhumans being pushed by the committee and not something Feige wanted to do?

22. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Thanks for posting. So they turned to her when they weren't able to get Scott Buck back again. :oldrazz:

23. Silvermoth Krakoan native

God I can’t wait til we see a proper sequence with the celestials. Not just a quick shot but giving them their proper due will be epic

[​IMG]

24. Fallen I'm done running from my past.

25. Silvermoth Krakoan native

See you over there everyone!

Tymminator likes this.