The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [RUMOUR] Marc Webb apparently SACKED as director of the "Amazing Spiderman" series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardMan07

Eaten by Lizards
Reaction score
According to a few sources on reddit, Marc Webb is no longer the director of the "Amazing Spider-Man" series.

The first I saw of this was a post on reddit, approximately 10 hours ago.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Spiderman/comments/26cjpn/marc_webb_has_been_sacked/?sort=new

Summary: User makes a thread about Marc Webb's tweet, no screenshot. A few users claim to have also seen this tweet, but no screenshot can be provided. About 2 hours ago, a user claimed to have a screenshot, and about an hour ago, an actual screenshot was posted here;

http://www.reddit.com/r/Spiderman/comments/26dax6/proof_of_the_story_that_broke_today_that_marc/

As this thread progressed, three more images of the alledged tweet were posted. Note that both these threads have some foul language in them, but I couldn't avoid posting them as they were essential sources for this alledged story.

PLEASE NOTE that these are totally unconfirmed, but it is possible that a tweet was posted and then subsequently deleted. This is a rumour at this point

If this turns out to be true, is this good for the franchise?

Seperate shots of the alledged tweet.

mi63yti.png

y60rMCy.png

fPf00Ej.png

I suppose the first question is if these could be real

It's highly likely to be shopped. But I wish it was true.

Maybe they heard the news about Edgar Wright and Ant-Man and got confused...? :/

I don't know why anyone would fake that tweet if the rumours are false, maybe because they didn't like TASM2 that much...?

Plus, why would he openly say that he's been fired on Twitter, it's not very professional.

Last edited:
Lol, calling fake on this one. They probably used "Let Me Tweet That For You" to make those. And I'm gonna guess that the users that "saw" the tweet are the same person.

DEBUNKED!
With my awesome Batman/detective skills (or Peter Parker's intelligence) and the fact that Marvel Spider pointed out the website they could have used, I worked out that the fake tweet goes over Twitter's 140 character limit:
mOpGsUW.png

^^ Me typing out the exact same tweet in Twitter.

Playing around with "Let Me Tweet That For You"
Gb4LTjy.png

That one's fake as per my article though :) NO "more" button.

Means this one was faked in a different way.

Soo, abandon thread? Clearly fake

always wanted to do this, now it's my chance!

54arf4.jpg

:awesome: finally, got that out of my system

Can the mods delete this? It's been confirmed fake

Marc Webb isn't the problem. I am half-wanting to say it's the writers but I'm not as confident about that as I am about saying it comes down to the moronic producers. If anyone needs to be dumped, it should be Arad, Tolmach, etc.

I don't wanna hate Arad, he seems like a well meaning fellow, but he's like a divorced dad pretending to understand his son's favorite superhero comics

We could ummm, start a petition to get him sacked?

Marc Webb done a Brillant job it's not his fault Sony had to interfere

I don't wanna hate Arad, he seems like a well meaning fellow, but he's like a divorced dad pretending to understand his son's favorite superhero comics

I'm not confident that Arad really knows what is best for this franchise. Though after seeing/hearing some of Tolmach's most recent comments and a few of his others from less recent articles, he's becoming more of a problem, imo.

I don't think The Nolan Batman movies would have been any good if the studio interfered with those movies

Damn thought this was real. Wish it kind of was.

This rumor is up again? We heard it when Amazing Spider-Man 1 was new
Maybe this will be a habit, I will expect this rumor to surface again after every new Spider-Man movie directed by Webb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"