Rumours galore

Isildur´s Heir

Avenger
Reaction score
First of all, i don´t know if any of this is true or not, so take it as a grain of salt.
I took it from a blog, by Surfer Girl

1- Is Microsoft working on their own version of Home?
They were...six years ago. Back in 2002, there was a small team inside Microsoft working on an "application" called LiveUniverse for the Xbox, which was more or less Home, it was slated for release around the launch of Xbox Live, but the project got canceled when work on Xbox Live fell behind.

2- Yes, Onimusha 5 is coming out next year for PS360. So are Dead Rising 2 and Lost Planet 2.

3- Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow and God of War: Chains of Olympus will appear on PS2 by the end of the year

4- That epic space game from EA is not a new Wing Commander, but a new Wing Commander is in development.

5- Rare has a second 360 title slated for release this year

6- What is that non-L.A. Noire PS3 exclusive from Rockstar?
The spiritual successor to Red Dead Revolver from Rockstar San Diego

7- Activision hopes you like Spider-Man, the company is producing two further web-slinging titles in addition to this fall's ultimate Red vs. Black, one follows our wall-crawling friend as he teams up with Wolverine for amazing some reason and the other I don't know about but has to be spectacular. Originality! Excelsior!

8- Raven Software is working on some action-RPG sequel set in the Marvel universe. Originality! Excelsior!

9- Infinity Ward has begun working on Call of Duty 6. Originality! Excelsior!

10- Crytek is overseeing, but not developing the console versions of Crysis.

I don't know about COD6, but I heard COD5 was going to be another WWII game. I'll probably get it anyway, but I really dig the modern warfare in COD4.

As a fan of the marvel universe, I hope the spider-man games turn out well. I picked up Spider-man friends or foe and it was probably one of the worst games I've played in a long time. So I don't want to see anything like that. A marvel RPG with action in it would be something that I might find appealing. I'm not that into most RPGs, but giving the subject matter, they might win me over.

I don't know about COD6, but I heard COD5 was going to be another WWII game. I'll probably get it anyway, but I really dig the modern warfare in COD4. .

I wouldnt doubt it, but thats not the problem, the problem is Treyarch will be developing it(Call of Duty 5) and if Call of Duty 3 was any indication, itll suck hard. With Call of Duty, you get a good one every two yrs, when IW does the developing.

Rare's second 360 title probably won't be PDZ as to not compete with Gears 2.

Hmmm... if it's on the Xbox 360 it could probably be something from either the Kameo or Conker team. Most likely the Conker team.

Chris Seavor said he never wanted to do another Conker though, just because he hates the characters and having to voice them all.

I wonder what it will be...

I want Rare to make a Con-Air game.

Isildur´s Heir;13927445 said:
3- Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow and God of War: Chains of Olympus will appear on PS2 by the end of the year
I hadnt have thought of this but I can definetly see this happening. Its not like the PS2 is having many major hits coming to it and this would definetly be one way to extend its life, by releasing the PSP's big titles to the system a few months after release

I wouldnt doubt it, but thats not the problem, the problem is Treyarch will be developing it(Call of Duty 5) and if Call of Duty 3 was any indication, itll suck hard. With Call of Duty, you get a good one every two yrs, when IW does the developing.

Dammit. Why doesn't Infinity Ward just take full control? I don't care if we'd only get COD games every two years. At least they'd be good. It's not even that COD3 was all that bad of a game, but compared to COD2 and COD4, there was just no competition.

Dammit. Why doesn't Infinity Ward just take full control? I don't care if we'd only get COD games every two years. At least they'd be good. It's not even that COD3 was all that bad of a game, but compared to COD2 and COD4, there was just no competition.
IW has no control over that as they dont own the IP; they just develop it. Blame Activision for wanting to push out COD every year. Just be glad that they give IW 2 years by letting Treyarch do every other game. If not for that, then they would most likely force IW to make the game every year and then the series would go to hell

If that rumor about Raven working on a Marvel action/strategy is true, I hope we get confirmation soon. MUA2 has been too damn long coming.

Because Activision has already promised their investors that they'll molest-- err-- "exploit" Call of Duty and Guitar Hero on an annual or semi-annual basis.

The only ones worth buying are Infinity Ward's, anyway. Hopefully Call of Duty 6 continues in the modern warfare theme. I could care less what Treyarch does with the series, because they suck anyway. For all I care, they could set Call of Duty 5 in the friggin' civil war and I wouldn't bat an eye, because I'm not buying it anyway.

A good Civil War FPS would be kind of cool, actually...

I don't mind Guitar Hero being an annual game. What is there to really improve in the game beyond some nuances with each development? The main thing people want are more songs.

Chuck Norris would not stand a chance against Samonoskai, or Jean Reno!

Pff, Chuck Norris would roundhouse-kick Jean Reno and his stupid pixie into the stone age. :oldrazz:

Pff, Chuck Norris would roundhouse-kick Jean Reno and his stupid pixie into the stone age. :oldrazz:

LIES! HORRID LIES! :cmad:

I hope that god of War rumor is true actually, I'd rather play it on PS2.

I would've liked to see what they could do with GoW on a next-gen console, but I guess the creators are easily more competent at exploiting the PS2 hardware. If it were a choice between an average-looking PS3 game where the devs are learning to use the hardware for the first time or a spectacular PS2 game where the devs know the hardware inside and out, I'd choose the latter.

I'm glad another GoW game is coming out on PS2 :D I know its going to do good things :)

If that God of War rumor turns out true, then I would be happy that I haven't bought a PSP yet.

Only "rumor" that I hear(and I'm not holding my breath because of what happened with Advent Children) that Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core is due out March 28th 2008

More rumors..

Sony Bend is working on a PS3 Syphon Filter title slated for release sometime in 2009

Saboteur is shaping up to be absolutely amazing, best WWII game in awhile likely

Some of the 2008 additions to the Xbox Originals lineup: Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding, Amped 2, Armed and Dangerous, Blinx: The Time Sweeper, Blinx 2: Masters of Time & Space, Blood Wake, Brute Force, Conker: Live & Reloaded, Dead or Alive 3, Deathrow, Dino Crisis 3, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Fable bonus content, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, GunValkyrie, Halo 2, Jade Empire, Jet Set Radio Future, Mechassault, MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf, Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, Midtown Madness 3, Ninja Gaiden, Quantum Redshift, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Phantom Dust Rent-A-Hero No. 1, Shenmue II, Sneakers, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, Stubbs the Zombie in "Rebel Without a Pulse", Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus, ToeJam & Earl III: Mission to Earth, Tork: Prehistoric Punk, Voodoo Vince, Whacked!. Service expected to have over one hundred titles end of next year.

Next fall's Wolfenstein takes place in some large, open hub city where you select missions and go about them. And there are side quests too!

Rage (new Id game) is only coming in the second half of 2009

Something from J.J. Abrams that is not Lost is getting the game treatment. (Cloverfield, anyone?)

Ubisoft Montpelier is working on Beyond Good & Evil 2, Frédérick Raynal's new game (creepy), and an MMO. One of those will see release next year and the other two in 2009.

What can one expect from Ubidays?
Darkworks' Alive (which I have heard described as "extraordinary"), AC2 confirmation, GRAW3, Ancel, Raynal, the new Prince of Persia, casual stuff, Heroes, a few other things, and possibly Soma.
About Alive: Next year, Ubisoft will publish a game called "Alive" that features characters who rely on their instincts and each other to endure after an earthquake. It reflects the company's focus on an "action plus" style, according to Yves Guillemot, chief executive of Ubisoft. "It's more oriented toward drama, more life in characters, more depth," he said, adding, "It's still about surviving, but you can't resolve things by shooting only."
About the new PoP: The game, scheduled for release in the second half of next year (for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC), will feature younger prince than previous trilogy saw and will serve as a prequel to those titles and the start to a new trilogy (the second title scheduled to come out in summer 2009 to capitalize on the release of The Sands of Time feature film). Stylistically and gameplay-wise, the game has abandoned the dark edginess of the last two titles in favor a fantastical cross between The Sands of Time, Ico and Zelda.

Even more:

Obsidian is NOT making Baldur's Gate 3.

Crysis is NOT a PS3 exclusive

L.A. Noire is still NOT coming to the 360.

A Wii Star Fox IS under development

Gears of War 2 is going to be announced on GDC

About Resident Evil 5.
The release date is September/October. The lead female character is Sherry Birkin, who is in her early twenties, and Wesker is will likely show up.

Sega is publishing an action-RPG called The Dark Brotherhood from a Western developer

Codemasters is publishing a Hollywood simulation akin to the The Movies

BioWare's Sonic Chronicles is easily the most inspired game in the Sonic franchise in years and is the best since Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast

The next Splinter Cell game has been redone three times over already. Developers just can't seem to include good gameplay in it. That's part of why it got delayed. Same can be said about Rainbow Six Vegas 2. The story was abysmal and it was supposed to be a prequel to Vegas in the early stages of development. Developers then said it made no sense at all, because the first Vegas game finished with a "To Be Continued" screen. They delayed it to work on the story and add some maps. (don´t believe)

Far Cry 2 has also been delayed because it was terrible. The game does not look like NEAR what has been shown. Even with the best PC available to the developers, the game just does not match what has been shown so far. Far Cry 2 is both bad and requires one hell of a machine (PC) to run. (don´t believe either)

Those who purchase Halo Wars will be treated to an exclusive sneak peak of Peter Jackson's Halo: Chronicles ala Zone of the Enders and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

Two Earthquake games coming, Ublisoft´s Alive and Eidos Downfall: San Francisco and takes place following the San Francisco Earthquake in 1906.

That Avatar game that Ubisoft Montreal is working with will ship with high-quality stereoscopic 3D glasses (like the ones that you get when you see an IMAX 3D film).

The next Diablo (probably titled Diablo III) will feature a single-player component (akin to previous titles) and an MMO component (less akin to previous titles), will be announced sometime next spring and is still on track for release before decade's end.

Once again i say, take this all as a grain of salt

Diablo 3 will be the greatest game ever, and it will start the downfall of civilization, as nothing will ever get done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"